This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Got Questions? Find Answers!

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Got Questions? Find Answers!

Postby Milana » Aug 02, 2011 1:15 am

WOW! well done Dinode, and thanks for the tip AslansChild, it's good to know you can do this kind of thing in paint.
my graphics: http://milanaop.deviantart.com/
Milana
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

You're so very welcome Dinode, you did a really good job!

(I'm glad my rambling instructions made sense to someone other than myself... :ymblushing: )

Glad to help!
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby skilletfreak291 » Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am

how to load pictures? i don't have a clue! ;)
Christmas is Coming so soon
[b]but we know the True Reason for the season
skilletfreak291
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 02, 2011 6:28 am

What do mean? Do you mean saving them on your computer or putting them on the site?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Valiant » Sep 04, 2011 9:04 am

This isn't a Narnia related question, but I'm hoping someone can help me here. I deleted a picture from my digital camera. I've heard that there are programs which can be downloaded that can recover deletd photos. I don't want to download anything that might harm my computer. Does anyone know amy safe program that I can use? Thanks in adavance.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Anyone know where I can go to learn how to animate a bird in flight? I know that's a really specific/random question and I'm sorry. Actually just about any animation tutitorials would be helpful... or info on the motions of birds
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Sep 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Valiant: I don't know of any programs that can do that...I pretty sure once a photo has been deleted off of a camera it's gone forever...unless your camera has a backup feature.

wolfloversk: are you wanting tutorials on animation in general or animation in a certain program like photoshop? I think you would probably need at least 3 frames when animating a bird in flight. One image with the bird's wings going up. Another with the wings parallel to the body. and then one with the wings going down. Hope that makes sense! :)
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Sep 05, 2011 7:17 pm

I just downloaded GIMP yesterday.... Now I'm just so confused on new functions and don't know where to start ;))
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Aravis Autarkeia wrote:wolfloversk: are you wanting tutorials on animation in general or animation in a certain program like photoshop? I think you would probably need at least 3 frames when animating a bird in flight. One image with the bird's wings going up. Another with the wings parallel to the body. and then one with the wings going down. Hope that makes sense! :)

I guess what I'm looking for is a visual reference... like a picture sequence that's pretty simple to understand and not program specific (unless it's a Gimp tut) right now I'm just using a stick figure but it's a ten-frame cycle (from top-to bottom-then back to top, though it's more of a 5-frame cycle I guess since each frame repeats twice, but in a reversed order). I can only use Gimp, but I think photoshop tut's would be helpful... My main problem is I want to make it semi realistic, but I'm not positive how the wings and body would move in each frame. Thanks for the advice :D

Edit! Also this is preferable but not necessary, my background is a 120 frame cycle, and I'm trying to make a looping animation so if the number of frames divides evenly into 120 (ex. 120/10=12) it would make my life easier.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Sep 07, 2011 7:30 am

wolfloversk: I found this tutorial on how to animate a bird in flash. It looks pretty good and kinda shows the different frames that you will need. If you want more of a "scientific" breakdown of birds flight check out this tutorial/article. Hope that helps! :)
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks Aravis Autarkeia! Those links should help me a lot!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby narnian_at_heart » Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

outlier wrote:I just downloaded GIMP yesterday.... Now I'm just so confused on new functions and don't know where to start ;))

I've found this to be of great help when I was first starting with Gimp.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby outlier » Sep 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks narnian_at_heart, I was only able to get to the first video today but it's definitely helping me wrap my head around the program
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi, everyone!! I have a question that may have been answered before...I just downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS5, and I'm afraid I'm quite at a loss at how to use it. Before I used Macromedia Fireworks, which is pretty basic and simple compared to Photoshop. I would like to ask if anyone knows where to find an easy, beginner's tutorial on how to use the basics of Photoshop. Once I understand the basics and where everything is, I'm sure I can go on from there, I just need to know where to start. Thanks so much to anyone who can help!!! :) :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslanisthebest » Sep 25, 2011 12:50 pm

I have a question. :) For those who use GIMP, how do I get a thin black outline on the text? I've tried amateur methods (trying to make the black base bigger, then writing the white/any color font on it) but they don't really work. I love how it looks and would really be grateful if someone explained how to do it! :)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Sep 25, 2011 4:14 pm

It's been forever since I've used GIMP, but someone commented on my tutorial and explained how to do the thin outline on the text.

"And you actually can make the text in the original... just duplicate the text layer, and in the tool box right click the duplicate and click "Text to Selection". Then right click the actual text box and click "Selection>Border" then set it to 2 px and feather. Then change your foreground color to the color you want the outline & right click the text again and click "Edit>Fill with FG color". Then drag that layer under the original text layer and hit select none and you have the exact same effect!"

Located here.

Hope this helps!

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext