This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Got Questions? Find Answers!

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Got Questions? Find Answers!

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jan 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Flambeau,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are now my favorite person on NarniaWeb. :p

I haven't tried downloading a font yet, I'm taking a break from packing to leave for college so I don't have time, but I tried the Ctrl+L and it works because I am a Windows user.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

flambeau and MountainFlower, thank you for your help.
I think I'll draw Rilian in different shades of black. The puffy Renaissance-type bloomers would look a little silly on him, so I'll probably aim for some more akin to your examples above. As for the claims that he would look like Luke Skywalker, that's possibly true but to be fair Star Wars most definitely didn't do that design first.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby MountainFireflower » Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

220chrisTian wrote:@Mountainfireflower: I'm also interested in this wallie - if you or another is willing to make it.

Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry, AnnasStar2010 & 220, due to the busyness of the holidays and life in general, I forgot to make this. I'll get on it right away! :)

EDIT: Okay, here we go! I made two versions - normal and widescreen, so whatever you want to use is fine by me. :p I can also change it to a different color if you don't like the pink. ;)
Note on the widescreen version: for some reasons the dimensions are off. It's supposed to be 1280x700, but my uploader sized it down. So if you want the full widescreen version, PM me and I can definitely get that to you.

1024x768
Widescreen

Warrior4Jesus wrote:I think I'll draw Rilian in different shades of black. The puffy Renaissance-type bloomers would look a little silly on him, so I'll probably aim for some more akin to your examples above. As for the claims that he would look like Luke Skywalker, that's possibly true but to be fair Star Wars most definitely didn't do that design first.

That sounds like it will turn out nicely! I'm excited to see what you come up with, if you end up sharing it with us. I don't think it will look too much like Luke Skywalker - that's definitely not what I thought of when you said 'various shades of black'.
And I agree, the bloomers would look silly. :p Plain pants should definitely suffice. ;))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jan 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks, yes, I'll share the final drawing here sometime soon. It's a difficult concept to draw properly because Lewis leaves so much to the imagination.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 29, 2011 2:29 pm

To all mods,

Can I post a graphic that's partly Narnian and partly Non-Narnian on the forum? And if so would it go here in the fan art section or in the Spare Oom Non-Narnian Graphics thread?

for example, where would I post this?

Thanks,
wolf
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 01, 2011 9:44 am

What are some of the programs used to make avatars, signatures, and wallpapers? Which ones will work on a Mac?
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Feb 01, 2011 10:03 am

The Lady Arwen Undómiel: Photoshop and Gimp both work on mac. :) Gimp is free and is alot like Photoshop (which is kinda expensive).
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you Aravis Auterkeia I made my signature in pages with screen shots :D but that doesn't preserve the quality (like for a wallpaper).
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey, I was wondering about adding color to a black and white image. Do you just have to color in with a brush or is there a generic way to do it using color levels and stuff?

Thanks.

(I use GIMP, btw)
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Feb 04, 2011 1:29 pm

narnian_at_heart: I haven't used Gimp in a long time but on Photoshop I know that you can either (1) add a new layer set to "soft light" and color over the section you want in color or (2) erase the area on the layer mask on the b/w layer. If I remember right, Gimp doesn't have a b/w layer so you would have to duplicate your image. Add the b/w effect to the top layer and then erase so the bottom layer comes through. Hope that made sense! :)
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby flambeau » Feb 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Julie, check out this tutorial on livejournal; it's made using PS, but it is easily translatable to Gimp (I've used it numerous times). I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions. :)

wolf wrote:To all mods,

Can I post a graphic that's partly Narnian and partly Non-Narnian on the forum? And if so would it go here in the fan art section or in the Spare Oom Non-Narnian Graphics thread?

It is permissible to post crossover graphics on the forum. As for where to post them, they could really go in either section, I believe, so whichever you prefer. :)

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby MrsHolmes » Feb 04, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a question... :)

Using GIMP 2.0, is it possible to change the color of someone's hair in the photo? If so, does anyone have easy, step-by-step instructions on how to do it?

Thank you!

~Holmes :ymhug:

Awesome-as sig by Ithilwen, sweet-as avi by DamselJillPole. Thanks you two! *hugs*
MrsHolmes
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: World of Sherlock Holmes, solving mysteries with E+J (Watson) and DamselJillPole (Adler)

Not sure on picture and song rights

Postby Ruhleowyn » Feb 07, 2011 2:25 pm

I recently created a small music video of narnia pics for the song LION by Rebecca st. James from the album Songs inspired by the Chronicles of narnia. I was wanting to post it on facebook and wasn't sure if I should just put the song title, artist and album as above or if I needed to site the pics as well. I just got them off of google. If I need to site them how should I do so. Or, should I even post the video in the first place.
Ruhleowyn

Nevermind, I just posted it anyway.
people don't break into spontaneous yet intricately choreographed song and dance like they used to.
Ruhleowyn
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 09, 2011 9:35 pm

OK, I have another question. So I just recently got into using textures. What I do is I edit the picture however I want first and then decide to apply a texture. So I open the texture in a new window (I use GIMP) and then I copy it and paste it into the graphic I'm making and then adjust levels and stuff. However, then I can't go back and edit the lower layers again. Under layer>stack, I can't "select previous layer" or "select bottom layer" I can only work up from the pasted on texture and I don't know why.

I think I may be using textures wrong. I think I remember someone saying that I have to "set the texture to layer mode" or something like that but I don't know how to.

Help??
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 10, 2011 11:17 am

narnian_at_heart, Before you paste it try adding a new layer, Ctrl+Shift+N -> hit transparency, then paste it, and anchor it to the new layer (there's a little button at the bottom of the layers tab that looks like an anchor- click it.) then you should be able to edit whichever layer you want, by clicking it the layers tab.

I hope that made sense :-s
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby ValiantArcher » Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

narnian_at_heart, if wolfloversk's suggestion doesn't work, I'd try just inserting the texture as a layer. Go to File---> Open as Layers and then just find the correct texture. That's what I always do and I've never had any trouble with editing layers underneath the texture. I hope that helps. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

PreviousNext