This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Special Feature: Sherwood Pictures

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Which movie is your favorite?

Flywheel
No votes
Facing the Giants
13%
Fireproof
63%
Waiting for Courageous
13%
Can't decide
13%

Total votes : 16

Special Feature: Sherwood Pictures

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Sherwood Pictures is the maker of Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof. And soon Courageous. Image

How many of the movies have you seen? All three.
Which is your favorite? And why? This is an easy one - Fireproof. Why? I enjoy the combination of action and romance, with a great score to boot. What more could a girl ask for?
Have you read any of the novelizations by Eric Wilson? I have a copy of Fireproof and I borrowed Flywheel from the library last year. Flywheel is good and Fireproof is great. I like how Eric Wilson adds so much depth to the stories. Little details can add a lot to a story, and Mr. Wilson seems to have quite a flair for turning screenplays into novels. I'm hoping to ILL Facing the Giants soon.
Are you looking forward to Courageous? If so, what are you hoping for? Definitely! :D Better acting ('cause acting can almost always improve) and cameos from Caleb(Kirk Cameron), Michael(Ken Bevel), and Wayne(Stephen Dervan). "An inside view" into smalltown law enforcement is also something to look forward to.
Do you own any Sherwood Pictures films or movie memorabilia? I own the Fireproof Collector’s Edition DVD, FP the novel, and the FP soundtrack.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Re: Special Feature: Sherwood Pictures

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 21, 2010 3:29 pm

I love Sherwood's movies!

my favorite: so far, Fireproof, but I am waiting for Courageous to officially decide..... :D

Eric Wilson novels: I have read the Fireproof one and part of the Facing The Giants one! they are very well written.....I like them!

movies or memorbilia: I own the collector's edition for Flywheel, Facing The Giants, and Fireproof! next up, Courageous..... :ymapplause: :D :) :D :D :D
I have the Facing The Giants soundtrack!

waiting for Courageous: I can't wait for Courageous! I am going to follow production when they start and I hope that Steven Durven (the man who played Wayn Floyd on Fireproof) is in it! that would be awesome! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 21, 2010 4:44 pm

1. all three

2. Facing the Giants (I love football :p so this one is obviously my favorite ;) )

3. none but I hope to eventually read them...

4. yes! A more in depth story and better acting.

5. I own Facing the Giants collectors and its soundtrack...
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jan 21, 2010 5:28 pm

How many of the movies have you seen? All of them.

Which is your favorite? And why? Fireproof. It was just so good. It was definetly the best and it was more realistic than the other two I think.

Have you read any of the novelizations by Eric Wilson? Nope

Are you looking forward to Courageous? If so, what are you hoping for? I had never heard of this one. Didn't even know they were making it. I'm not really looking forward to it. By that I don't mean, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm neutral. If I see it, I see it but I'm not going to go out of my way to see it and if I have a choice between that and something else I really want to see, I'll choose the something else.

Do you own any Sherwood Pictures films or movie memorabilia? Nope, don't own any. My parents own a used DVD of Facing the Giants (that we've never seen).

I love that whole exchange in the office in Facing the Giants. "Stan Schultz - isn't that a cartoonist?" "That's Charles Schultz." "No, I thought Charles Schultz was that man that flew across the ocean in 'The Spirit of St. Andrews.'" "That's Charles Lindbergh, and it's 'The Spirit of St. Louis'" "Naw, Lindbergh is a cheese!" "Limburger's the cheese. Lindbergh's the man." "No, Lindbergh was that blimp that blew up and killed all them people." "That's the Hindenburg." "Nah, Hindenburg's where you go skiing in Tennessee." "That's Gatlinburg!" "Gatlinburg? You mean like the country music group, the Gatlinburg Brothers?" "Crazy."

That's my favorite part in the entire movie.

I did not like Flywheel at all. The entire thing just looked cheap and low quality from the acting to the sets to the actual quality of the filming itself which looked a bit grainy.

I liked Facing the Giants okay. That one though was a little too predictable and run of the mill, I thought.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian1 » Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

I own all three of the movies and am looking forward to Courageous!

I don't own any of the official soundtracks, but that's because I already have several of the songs on Facing the Giants prior to having seen the movie. As for Fireproof's soundtrack- I had some of the songs already, and ended up buying the others as soon as I had seen the movie.

I do have the Love Dare book, and I'm not even married.
I just thought it'd be good to have it.

My favorite of the movies is Facing the Giants,
with the death crawl being the most captivating moment in the movie.

Flywheel I enjoy the message but as a movie, it could use lots of improvements.

Fireproof was great too. :)
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh I love that death crawl part. That movies has some amazing spiritual moments...

Flywheel was low quality in a lot of ways but the story was good. I really like Fireproof too, it was great, but I still like Facing the Giants better :) .
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I love the deathcrawl scene! that's my favorite part of Facing The Giants!

I love the part in Fireproof when Caleb and the little girl are trapped in the burning building and they have to crawl out of the vent in the basement! I was hyperventinlating when I saw that for the first time!

and I also LOVE the part in Fireproof when Wayne is dancing in front of the mirror..... =)) ......that part is the best funny part in all of Sherwood's movies so far! :D :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh yeah that is HILARIOUS! and the part with the hot sauce..."TOMATO JUICE!" :p =))
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm

the hot sauce part is the second funiest! I love how Wayne's like "My mouth's on fire!"
=))
I also love the parts when Mr. Rudolph sees Caleb.....he is SO funny!

the people at Sherwood pictures have an awesome sense of humor!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

they do. They have humor without making it too cheesy :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Queen Susan » Jan 23, 2010 6:42 pm

-How many of the movies have you seen? All three.
-Which is your favorite? And why? Fireproof. The best in acting, cinematography, story, etc.
-Have you read any of the novelizations by Eric Wilson? Nope...
-Are you looking forward to Courageous? If so, what are you hoping for? I'm sure they'll improve in this movie too. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit--I don't know much about the story line, so with that I'm not sure what to expect. ;))
-Do you own any Sherwood Pictures films or movie memorabilia? All 3 films.
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jan 23, 2010 6:53 pm

How many of the movies have you seen? All three.
Which is your favorite? And why? Ohh, I can't decide. They all are just really good. I'm going to have to say "can't decide" but Facing the Giants might just win by a tiny .1% because it was the first I've watched, and the atmosphere I was in when we were watching it was a pleasant one, so the nice feelings always come back. :)
Have you read any of the novelizations by Eric Wilson? Nope.
Are you looking forward to Courageous? If so, what are you hoping for? Haha, I didn't even know they were making another one. May someone enlighten me on what it's about basically? ;))
Do you own any Sherwood Pictures films or movie memorabilia? Up to this point, we only own Fireproof but I really wish we had the other two, especially Facing the Giants.

On a side note, in Flywheel, does anyone else get this saddening tug at your heart with the little boy talks to his dad ("we got you a chicken sandwhich...." and especially when Mr. Austin threw away the picture) and just in general when he talks? ;)) Also, I know the film's a little bit grainy, but the message is just really good and from a personal point of view, it's very touching to see someone from living a lying life to make a whole turn to God. :)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Bella: yes! I used to cry all the time watching that part! It's so sad!!! How could he just not care about his son like that?!
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jan 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Glenstorm the Great wrote:Oh yeah that is HILARIOUS! and the part with the hot sauce..."TOMATO JUICE!" :p =))

I love that part and how somene says, "That was tomato juice by the way." and he doesn't get it until the middle of the night and he just sits straight up.

I also love the part where he's dancing in front of the mirror. Also, the parts where the neighbors keep seeing Caleb hitting stuff and they look at him and the man says, "Emma (I think that was her name), you stay from that guy. He's weird."
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Liberty Hoffman wrote:the hot sauce part is the second funiest! I love how Wayne's like "My mouth's on fire!" =))
I highly recommend reading the FP novel to find out about Wayne's revenge. =)) :D

Aslanisthebest wrote:Are you looking forward to Courageous? If so, what are you hoping for? Haha, I didn't even know they were making another one. May someone enlighten me on what it's about basically? ;))
Here is a link to the Courageous website.

Which score is your favorite? Mine is House Fire from FP. I also really like On The Tracks.
Which song is your favorite? I've decided While I'm Waiting by John Waller is my favorite of all the songs used by SP, although Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield is a close second. They're both great songs, and fit their respective parts in the movie to the T. :) I also like all of the Third Day songs, but who doesn't?

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jan 25, 2010 2:08 pm

lol I know. I like those songs and the Casting Crowns one in FP...
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Next