This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christmas Countdown 2019!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Christmas Countdown 2019!

Postby coracle » Jan 02, 2020 10:24 pm

We are now past New Year's Day and The Day After (2 public holidays in my country), and I will be packing away all my decorations on Monday (Twelfth Night).
I usually hold a relaxed evening party on Twelfth Night (6th January, the 12th day after Christmas - count from the 25th), with a few friends.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 04, 2020 3:17 am

I hope the day goes well for you. It already feels like back to work here. Today was a truly horrendous day. My sister-in-law in Cessnock & her husband had their 50th wedding anniversary party today. Maximum temperatures there were 47 C. We took care to avoid taking any back ways, some of them already closed off due to bushfires. When we returned home, the maximum temperature at 3.00 pm had already reached 48.9 C, the hottest temperature ever for January 4th.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby mm1991 » Jan 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank you @courtenay and @waggawerefolg27! It seemed a little more intense than a cold. I was reading that a winter virus is going around, which is what I think I have. I am STILL coughing! This has been going on for weeks! But I feel better and better each day. I just hope it goes away! Still waiting to celebrate Christmas with my parents. We might save it for later this month since it will be my nephew's birthday and we can celebrate everything all at once. :p
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Jan 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Today is 6th January, Twelfth Night (for those who count Boxing Day, 26th Dec, as the first day). Because I have an early medical procedure tomorrow, I'm not holding my usual evening for friends.
Instead I'm taking down my tree today. Sad but necessary.
I have Lord of the Rings to enjoy while I am taking down and packing away all my tree decorations. The room newest decoration, an 18 inch Nutcracker character model (with working mouth) will have to have its own container.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Cleander » Jan 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Our decorations are still up- we weren't able to take them down last week because everyone was too sick. (Hence why I haven't been posting here in a while. I have been working on poem for the fanart board, so that should be up in a couple days. )
Of course, another thing that kept us busy was my older sister's wedding! She got married on Saturday so there was quite a bit of a "to-do" about that! ;)
Happy Epiphany/Orthodox Christmas!
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 09, 2020 2:22 am

Nice to hear from you Cleander! I hope the wedding went well & that your elder sister & her spouse have many happy years ahead of them. Also I hope that you have recovered well from your ailments. Would I be wrong in thinking maybe a minor epidemic has been haunting NarniaWeb lately? Pity we don't have Lucy's cordial in the diamond bottle with us. ;)

Our Christmas decorations are down finally, a good three days after Epiphany. Now is the time to get on with the rest of the year. Unfortunately the bushfire emergency has not finished yet. But Cyclone Blake is about to bring us perhaps a little relief, plus the monsoon is gathering....
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Previous