Homeschooling

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: Homeschooling

Postby Tolkien » Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

I will check with my wife on the material we use but I am glad to see others who homeschooling on the forum. My home schooled 16 year old boy showed me this forum. As a libertarian minded christian I wish to see government schools done away with. Because our boy was home schooled and we chose curriculum, he read Narnia and fell in love with it. Soon he is making me read them as well lol.
“I am a Christian, that fact can be deduced from my stories.”
-J.R.R Tolkien
Tolkien
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fledge1 » Feb 01, 2019 7:36 am

Well we are here in Illinois and settled. We actually sent our kids to school, we were running out of time and wasnt sure what to do and really feel like we failed in this area. Two of them wanted to go and our oldest wanted home schooling. We may rethink this all after this summer. Thanks for all the insight. Life has been crazy!
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Feb 08, 2019 8:58 pm

I take no credit for my kids' natural ability with Phonics, it must be a God-given gift, but I had to order the next level tonight because they've almost finished this year's curriculum. ;)) I guess that's one of the often repeated biggest benefits of homeschool is that you can go along at your own pace, no matter how fast or slow it is.

I also bought a bunch of "slightly damaged" books for next year's curriculum because they were 50% off. I do not care at all about slightly damaged books, especially since I got them, I can barely even find any damage. Only one book was particularly beat up... the cover had been applied wrong when it was being made, so it was crooked and half of it had been torn off. *shrugs* It still reads fine. Maybe I'll print off another cover and glue it on. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fledge1 » Feb 11, 2019 9:00 am

fantasia....
We maybe talking in the near future. We keep going back and forth when it comes to HomeSchooling...just not sure. And we are not happy with how things are with them at school. So many things to learn and figure out!
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous