This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Movies Thread!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Movies Thread!

Postby Meltintalle » Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

The casting announcements for Wrinkle in Time sound interesting; I'm looking forward to seeing what the production has in mind.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby fantasia » Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm

I watched The Peanuts Movie over the weekend. It was a very cute, sweet, little movie with plenty of nods to the old Peanuts cartoons and TV specials. I liked it a lot. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 18, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the summer Hallmark movies, SA! :) Oooh, a cooking murder mystery sounds fun.

I hadn't heard about A Wrinkle in Time, but I'm hoping it'll be a good adaptation! It's a bit of a tricky book to get right it seems, which is a shame.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Peanuts Movie, fk! :) I thought it was very cute and sweet too.

I'm not sure if anyone is following Rogue One news, but I found out a couple days ago that Michael Giacchino is doing the music (replacing someone else last minute, which is...tricky). He's done the new Star Trek soundtracks as well as the ones for Up, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and more. So now I am mildly curious about the movie, or at least the score. ;))
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Oooh, that's interesting about Michael Giacchino and Rogue One, Valia! I love the score for The Incredibles and the piano melodies from Up and Inside Out play in my head all the time.

I saw the trailer for Moana the other day and it looks like fun, but maybe not enough fun to actually make me go see it in theaters. Depends on what the reviews are like. Frozen 2 is also in the works, but the next animated Disney film that I'm really looking forward to is Gigantic. The director is one of the directors from Tangled, one of my favorites, and just look at this concept art: this and this. It looks like it's going to be really creative!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 10, 2016 11:53 am

It's almost that time of year that guys hate (at least at my house they do)...Christmas on the Hallmark Channel! But first there are three fall movies and over on HM&M three new mysteries. We watched the first of the mysteries last night Death Al Dente: A Gourmet Detective Mystery. It's the third movie in the series and by far the best. The banter between the leads was really good and there was a fair amount of progress made on their relationship.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Oct 12, 2016 2:18 pm

I recently saw Tom Hanks in Sully, based on the book about the January 2009 "Miracle on the Hudson" when the captain had to ditch his plane in the river (side note: I was visiting NarniaWebbers in the central US at the time, and we were enjoying pizza when the news came on the TV).

We enjoyed the movie and its recreation of the events leading up to the crash but agree with one of the main criticisms, that it was overly harsh on the FAA officials and made them look like they were trying to use him as scapegoat.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Oct 19, 2016 10:28 am

I would very much like to see 'Sully', I love Tom Hanks and I think the movie looks Apollo 13 -esque. Maybe not quite as intense.

So in the overabundance of superhero movies that have been coming out these past few years, there is one that I did love and am looking forward to the sequel, and that's 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. The teaser trailer just came out today, and :-bd Looking forward to it!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Nov 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Anyone else besides me pretty ecstatic about 'Beauty and the Beast' ? I think it looks beautiful. It is my favorite animated Disney movie by a mile and the pictures I've seen so far look outstanding.

Here's the latest bunch if people haven't seen them yet and are interested. :)
http://www.ew.com/gallery/beauty-and-th ... t-cover-ew
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 12:30 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Anyone else besides me pretty ecstatic about 'Beauty and the Beast' ? I think it looks beautiful. It is my favorite animated Disney movie by a mile and the pictures I've seen so far look outstanding.

Here's the latest bunch if people haven't seen them yet and are interested. :)
http://www.ew.com/gallery/beauty-and-th ... t-cover-ew

I am so looking forward to this and I think Emma Watson is going to be an amazing Belle. The production looks fantastic..
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Nov 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Welcome HazyHays! Did you see the new trailer today? :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi, yes I did and it looks wonderful. I am especially loving how The Beast looks.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Nov 15, 2016 7:15 am

Yeah, I watched it probably four times or so. ;)) The bit with the white rose though... :ymapplause: That was out of the book (though a slightly different setting) so I was really excited to see that bit in particular.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby HazyHays » Nov 15, 2016 7:51 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Yeah, I watched it probably four times or so. ;)) The bit with the white rose though... :ymapplause: That was out of the book (though a slightly different setting) so I was really excited to see that bit in particular.
That looks very interesting. The sets and characters especially Lumiere are just awesome looking. I just know I am going to love it.
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Nov 21, 2016 10:21 am

I finally got around to watching the Warcraft moving last night. Took me long enough as I was such a huge fan of Warcraft 3 and WoW back in the day. As far as video game movies are concerned, this one was not bad at all. Probably a little better than most video game movies.
However, I hold Blizzard to an exceptionally high level of storytelling and this one was pretty 'meh' compared to the rest of their videogame story arcs.
They certainly left it open for sequels. ;)) Makes sense as this was more or less the storyline for the first Warcraft game, so they have a lot of content to work from. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 26, 2016 8:58 pm

We all went to see Fantastic beasts and where to find them, which has just been released here. I wasn't expecting much, because the original book of that name is a mock schoolbook which is little more than an expanded dictionary or glossary. But I was really pleasantly surprised. It has little to do with Harry Potter and his own adventures, unlike the recently published Harry Potter and the cursed child, and everything to do with the adventures in 1920's New York, of the alleged author of "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them", a bloke called Newt Scamander.

It is a good idea to have read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to understand some of the references and to understand a bit about the stated villain of the story, one Gilbert Grindelwald, who is on the "wanted" list

I was surprised how well Johnny Depp played the somewhat ambiguous villain he played. Much as I've been annoyed at him over Pistol and Boo, I have to agree he was perfect for this role. #:-s Maybe he'd be really good as Uncle Andrew, in a production of Magician's Nephew.

I loved the ending, and the special effects really were outstanding. But I'd have loved to have seen it in 3D.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby mm1991 » Dec 22, 2016 7:31 pm

I just watched Deepwater Horizon. It starts off in my opinion very slow, and I still don't totally understand how everything happened...it was a bit too complicated for me. But it really picked up in the second half and I think for even that, it's worth a watch.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext