This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christmas Wish List: 2014

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Christmas Wish List: 2014

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am

Hi all! I've been asked to start this year's Christmas Wish List thread.

What are somethings you are hoping to receive this year for the holidays? What are some things you hope will happen around the holiday? Feel free to include wishlists for other gift giving holidays around this time too!

Here's a few off my personal list as an example:
-Peace on earth, justice, freedom and general good will
-That a certain, special friend can come visit this New Years
-Snow on Christmas Eve for a white Christmas, but that my Dad doesn't have to go plow on Christmas Day
-A scratching post so our cats won't scuff up the furniture, and a grass mat for my rabbit so she can file her nails the natural way
-Sweet potato casserole- good stuff
-Just having a happy holiday with my family

So, what's on your list?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Re: Christmas Wish List: 2014

Postby johobbit » Dec 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Nice, wolfy!

As for my list, my main one is that all our kids can be home for Christmas for more than just a couple of days. It's challenging getting adult children home under the same roof at the same time ;)), and while they do all they can, it can be tricky with everyone's schedules. Well, that is definitely happening so YAY! :D

We pull names within the 5 of us (this works so well), and don't go overboard on gifts, because, the main thing is to be together, playing games, going on hikes, watching movies. But here are a few treaty items I would like to find under the tree (which we just cut down last weekend: what a beauty—a balsam fir):

*salt & vinegar chip nuts

*Mini Eggs!

*ch♥c♥late, ch♥c♥late, ch♥c♥late!

*Pentatonix Christmas CD, "That's Christmas to Me" ♥

*Toffifee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffifee, as these are not well known in the States)

*a large bag of Kernel’s salt & vinegar popcorn

*the book, Wounded Tiger, by Martin Bennett, the story of the pilot who led the attack on Pearl Harbour and whose life was utterly changed

*two Cloud Appreciation Society window stickers: (http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/sho ... w-sticker/)

*being able to tune in to the radio station I used to listen to from Buffalo in our old home and cannot get here in either car or home, and I am so untech-savvy. :p (Thankfully I can get it online, though.)

*a white Christmas (a very good possibility here!) and save driving for family members who are coming to visit (the latter is more a God-petition ;) )
johobbit

Postby Shadowlander » Dec 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Jo wrote:the book, Wounded Tiger, by Martin Bennett, the story of the pilot who led the attack on Pearl Harbour and whose life was utterly changed.

I don't know the book but the leader for the Japanese over Pearl Harbor was Matsuo Fuchida, who has a really interesting story, especially how he ultimately became a Christian. He's one I very much look forward to meeting in Heaven. Hopefully he can teach me how to fly an airplane. ;)) And if it's not about Fuchida then I'm gonna look like a mental dipthong, so I'll be hiding behind this fake Nweb text border/wall place until I'm sure it's safe to come out. :))

Ok, so here's my list.
- I want my beautiful daughter Sarah, who is all of 3 now, to have the best Christmas ever...so far ;)). She doesn't remember the last two years versions, and this is the first time she'll really start to form the lasting memories of it, so I want it to be extra special. :D

- I have to work on Christmas, so I hope my beautiful daughter Sarah will wake up at 4:30am (how many parents do you hear of ever wish for this?!?!) so I can spend a little bit of time with her and watch her open presents B-)

- No snow. It makes work very hard. Save it for New Years. ;))

- Apple pie

- Mince pie

- Pumpkin pie

- Cheerwine

- Stocking filled with chocolate

- A huge nap to take on the couch right after all of this massive consumption ;))

- An adult-sized Big Wheel like I had when I was a kid. Bonus to Santa if it's a Green Machine. B-)

- a stand up arcade version of Galaga. It'll be the center piece of the living room! (insert Wifester's horrified look here) I've been holding out every year for this since 1981 without it appearing. Santa, you're on notice. :p

- Peace, joy, and God's blessings to all on this, my absolute most favorite holiday of the entire year! :D
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 15, 2014 12:13 pm

My wish list this year is not very long, mostly because I have almost everything I need.

I don't want a white Christmas this year, I don't want to see a single snowflake until my family and I have safely moved right after the new year.

I do want...
Anything purple!
Chocolate, definitely chocolate. B-)
Cold weather clothing (for after/during the move).
A new knife (even if it's a little one. ;) ).
Any Charles Martin book that I don't have yet.

But most of all I want a wonderful Christmas with my family and safe travel in January.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby johobbit » Dec 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Shadowlander wrote:- Peace, joy, and God's blessings to all on this

SnowAngel wrote:But most of all I want a wonderful Christmas with my family and safe travel in January.

Hear-hear! :ymhug:

SL wrote:I don't know the book but the leader for the Japanese over Pearl Harbor was Matsuo Fuchida, who has a really interesting story, especially how he ultimately became a Christian. He's one I very much look forward to meeting in Heaven.

Yes, 'tis the man. I'm so eager to read this, but I may not actually have it in my hands until the New Year. I hope you can get hold of it too, SL.

Sadly, I don't think we will have a white Christmas this year, so that's one of my wishes down the drain. :p There may be flurries on the 25th, but it's going up to near 50F the day prior, so ... what a weird December. ;))
johobbit

Postby AstroWolfD » Dec 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Such wonderful wishes from everyone! On this Christmas eve, let me just sneak mine in there...

1. That I may visit a certain someone quite soon.

2. Some new baseball apparel... my Astros gear is somewhat outdated, I could do with an upgrade :P

3. Wolf stuff! Any canid will do though quite honestly.

4. Screen protector for phone

5. Lego, Lego computer games, LOTRO points

6. Guardins of the Galaxy on DVD. Maybe the Awesome Mix as well? B-)

Last, and most definitely not least, that everyone has a blessed, safe, and very merry Christmas! And the best of new years! :D
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 31, 2014 6:28 am

Happy New Year 1st January 2015.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby johobbit » Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

And to you, as well, wagga! :)

So, how'd everyone fare this Christmas ... in terms of getting and giving? In other words, were you happy with what you received and were those to whom you gave pleased with their gifts (as far as you could tell)?

From my list above, I received many of those items, although it looks like Wounded Tiger is only available from Amazon in kindle-form (I much prefer hard copy) or from the W.T. site for a rather pricey sum because of shipping across the border to Canada. I am still determined, somehow, to get this book, without spending 'an arm and a leg'. :p

And we did not receive a really white Christmas, although there were skiffles on the ground, and some flurries in the air, but it certainly wasn't white-white like last year!
johobbit