This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby fantasia » Apr 11, 2017 9:45 pm

After Day 1, I'm pretty happy with my progress. :)

To Go: Pirate crew, Mutant Mongrel, Acolyte, Riptide, Shelder, Warmonger.

Got 'em: Shattered, Ascended Elder, Grand Master, Enerchi, Crystal Behemoth, Meteor Monster, Dawn, Day, Night, Captain Croissant, Tiny, Deep Deep Deep.

But of course now that I've got all of the "easy" ones out of the way, the rest will take time. Spending the night in the AR for the Acolyte.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 12, 2017 8:58 am

Egg list:

Tiny
Croissant
Pirate crew - now have
Mutant Mongrel
Acolyte
Riptide
Day
Night - now have
Dawn
Monster of the Meteor
Shelder
Deep Deep Deep
Warmonger
Gargantua
Shattered
Zokor Treasury
Unstable Crystal
Decrepit Tentacle - now have
Minotaur - now have
Enerchi
Grand Master of the Dojo
Ascended Elder
Crystal Behemoth - now have
Magmatic Golem

Just started my night run in Fort Rox, so I'll be here a bit. I may take a break and go after the Tiny egg.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 12, 2017 10:12 am

I can now add the Acolyte Egg to my "got it" list. I have moved onto the Warmonger Egg which will take me a bit because I'm at the beginning of Wave 3. I'll take a break to snag the Riptide Egg this evening. After that comes the Pirate Crew, the Shelder, and the Mutant Mongrel...whenever he's released.

ETA @ 8:28pm CDT: Drat! I forgot about the Riptide Mouse tonight. :P I remembered when it was mid-tide again for three hunts, didn't get him. Tomorrow!
At least my Warpath run is going well, especially considering I started with maybe 5 mice gone? Currently 8-8-22-39-11-1. Should get the Warmonger Egg tomorrow as well. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm playing passively for a couple of days - got into FG with 8 minutes to spare, have got the Acolyte (twice) and am now hoping for the Chrono.

I was lucky with the Crystal Behemoth. I decided that I would risk my only piece of Diamond cheese before trying to make more - I don't know why I didn't think of Baitkeep charms, but I caught one with that piece!

Then I armed what I was sure would be my only Ultimate Charm - but without noticing, I have accumulated 7 of them! Mouse drops? Treasure chests? I don't know! :p
Drheller was no problem then. He's out of the way and I won't try to bronze him. I doubt I'll see him again unless I need him for a Treasure chest some time.

I've also got the Croissant, and hunted a little for the Tiny, but haven't got it yet. There are others that will be easier for me this year.

Still missing:
Chrono Egg
Riptide Egg
Aether Egg
Warmonger Egg
Dawn Egg
Day Egg
Monster of the Meteor Egg
Night Egg
Ascended Elder Egg
Enerchi Egg
Grand Master of the Dojo Egg
Tiny Egg
Pirate Crew Egg
Shattered Egg
Shelder Egg
Deep, Deep, Deep Egg
Mutant Mongrel Egg
Decrepite Tentacle Egg
Minotaur Egg
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Cracked open my Slayer chest, which means its Boss time. :p Got my Shattered Egg (Dark Magi) and I'm going to nab my Mino egg hopefully this morning before going after the Crystal Behemoth. I'll get the Riptide egg tonight and then go after Tiny. I'll work on my Warmonger egg this weekend which should free me up to work on the Shelder egg pretty soon. As soon as I head over to the SSIII, if no one has opened a map I'll go ahead and get one.

Still have the Deep Deep Deep Egg, but that one is just going to take a bit of time...don't necessarily need the Aura for that.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm

I have three new eggs remaining: The Pirates Crew Egg, the Shelder Egg, and the Mutant Mongrel Egg.
I forgot about the 10 Easter Eggs and the new mouse so I will need those too. I assume Varna and Gymmie that you got the new mouse when you finished your Easter Eggs?

Baby induction first thing tomorrow morning, so I'll have to decide if I want to leave myself in the Harbour, the Huntington, or somewhere with MM cheese. :P I probably won't be on much over the next couple days for obvious reasons. ;)) But MH was something that helped keep me awake during midnight feedings with my other two kiddos so I expect that things will be the same this time around. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 13, 2017 7:56 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:I forgot about the 10 Easter Eggs and the new mouse so I will need those too. I assume Varna and Gymmie that you got the new mouse when you finished your Easter Eggs?

Baby induction first thing tomorrow morning, so I'll have to decide if I want to leave myself in the Harbour, the Huntington, or somewhere with MM cheese. :P

I've done the 10 Easter Eggs, and I believe I had caught the new mouse twice before I finished them. No boss type catching strategy for that mouse - it's just there with the others.

And the Huntington is a stockpile area, so you can stay there both for the Shelder (btw, I gave up the Chrono for now and joined the Shelder map instead) and for the MM cheese. I only have 2 Galleon Gouda, but Brie should work better than SB+ for the Shelder. I guess he doesn't eat MM, though :p

And best of luck with your baby! :ymhug:
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank goodness the Huntington is a stockpile...at least we can charge away to our hearts content and convert MM into charms while we're there. Makes it way less painful, I think, haha.

Yeah, I caught the new mouse right after arming MM in the Fungal Cavern. I'm still missing a few of the new Harbor mice but I'll get 'em when I get 'em.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Snagged the Pirate Crew Egg so the only new egg I can get right now is the Shelder Egg. I decided to work on that while I'm not going to be completely and utterly bored with farming for him ;)) and I'll get the other Easter eggs later. :)
It doesn't look like the new mouse is available on the Huntington though...another reason I'll just work on the Shelder for now.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Have to say, it's nice to be able to grab a variety of eggs this year...I'm already at 40 unique eggs and I know I'm going to get a fair bit more before the event is over. Last year I only managed 34 or 35 unique eggs because of how much time one had to spend in the Labyrinth last year.

Neither of my Minotaur eggs gave me Fealty boss loot. :(( And I didn't get a Temporal Shadow Plate either. Whiiiiiinnnnee....if I have time, I'll go through again and try and craft another Minotaur Key, but we'll see. The extra loot would be nice but I'm ONLY still in the Laby for the Temporal Shadow Trap, so....
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Apr 15, 2017 5:10 pm

I decided to basically go from the start and try and run down the eggs I'm missing.
Egg list:

Tiny - now have
Croissant - now have
Pirate crew - now have
Acolyte - now have
Day - now have
Night - now have
Dawn - now have
Monster of the Meteor - now have
Decrepit Tentacle - now have
Minotaur - now have
Crystal Behemoth - now have
Deep Deep Deep - now have

Want:

Mutant Mongrel
Riptide
Shelder
Warmonger
Gargantua
Shattered
Zokor Treasury
Unstable Crystal
Enerchi
Grand Master of the Dojo
Ascended Elder
Magmatic Golem

Not holding out hope for:
Warmonger
Shattered
Zokor Treasury
Unstable Crystal
Ascended Elder
Magmatic Golem
Mutant Mongrel - This one I'm not sure about.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 16, 2017 6:04 pm

At first I was annoyed that I had to spend so much time in the Sunken City to get the DDDEgg, but after getting a Lair of the Ancients I've come out two Ultimate Charms richer, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Got my Tiny egg overnight, so now all I have left is the DDDEgg, Shelder Egg and Mutant Mongrel Egg. Oh, and a MBW Egg, but that's extra just because I have the cheese and stuff.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I have joined an elite 128 Mousehunters in getting a Shelder mouse and his egg. :O I didn't know if it would happen or not, but it actually happened a lot faster than I was anticipating.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 18, 2017 3:46 am

Woo hoo! Was so happy to see the notification this morning. :D

Haven't started working on my Shelder yet (the Sunken City is taking a bit longer than I thought because I'm loath to spend a few mil on the rest of the Jet charms I need and I keep getting good zones, anyway), but the additional Galleon Gouda will come in handy.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby shastastwin » Apr 18, 2017 6:07 am

I'm currently working on a Shelder map and praying we get one soon so I can turn around and use the Galleon Gouda on him (if I don't get one this time).

My remaining Eggs to be found are:

Shelder (working on this one)
Warmonger (I'm early in Wave 2, so this is a maybe)
Deep Deep Deep (I'm at almost 30k meters, so this is also a maybe)
Mutant Mongrel (the Toxic Spill is coming! :D)
Shattered (I have a charm, and will probably pick this one up on one side or the other of the TS)
Enerchi (I just need to pop back and retreat from the Pagoda)

I'm probably going to have 1-3 eggs that I'll have to wait for until next year, but I can properly plan for those now.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Apr 18, 2017 8:54 am

The nice thing about a lot of these eggs (excluding the Shelder) is that if you can't get to it this year, it's really easy to prep for next year. Of course I say that with at least two (if not more) big areas coming out this year so there may not be much spare time. BWRift is next, followed by Moussu Picchu (love that name :)) ). Sounds like the latter at least will be very large and will lead into the first Archduke level area.

I spent the night in the FRift using up all of the goodness that I had stockpiled for the event. Caught lots of high leveled mice, so that was nice. :) Now I'm in the Harbour catching all of those new mice and possibly finishing up the quest there even though I have the map and I don't NEED it.

Toxic Spill starts tomorrow, I will head there as soon as I can for my last egg. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext