This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby shastastwin » Mar 06, 2018 6:55 am

I got started a little later yesterday, so I'm still trying to get myself rolling with the birthday event. I'm hoping the event cheese drops improve further in.

501815188, if you click on the "More Info" button for your current year (or previous years) in the HUD, there's a newspaper article to the left of the mouse population that has a "Read" button. It displays a brief description of what's gone wrong in the altered timeline for that year. :)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby daughter of the King » Mar 06, 2018 12:22 pm

I kind of miss the cupcakes, but I do love a good time-travel fix-it. ;)) :p

Working on 2009 right now. I wish it didn't take quite so long to get a good stockpile of event cheese.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby starkat » Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am

I'm on 2010. It's a little easier for passive hunting thought.

I miss the cupcakes.

I need to get back to the warpath and get back to wave 4 for Easter. I need to get some more time in the Bristle Woods Rift to get to where I can go after the acolyte there. I'm roughly set up for the Ascended Elder, Heart of the Meteor, Ful'mina, and another minotaur egg. I'm hoping to go after some of the bigger ones I missed last year.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am

;)) At all the cupcake love. The birthday I miss was the 5th birthday with the MH version of Power Rangers. THAT one was funny, AND they had some minor animation. It was pretty cool. This one thus far has been just ok.

501815188, did you find the newspaper articles?

I'm ALMOST to unlock 2013, but all I'm catching right now are these obnoxious Birthday mice and they don't drop supplies. :P ;)) Just need one more pin.

Has anyone caught the Reality Restitch mouse? I'm 0/4 on my charms.

ETA: From 2013 The never introduced to the game boss mouse is the headline for the newspaper! I always loved this mouse that Jacob drew and I hope she's added in someday.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 08, 2018 12:40 pm

My research on the MH forums indicates the RR mouse is about 15% AR with the charms armed, so I'm waiting till I have at least 10 to try for it.

I'm currently restocking the event cheese and then I'll be a few hunts (optimally) from unlocking 2012.

I'm not as excited by this birthday event as I have been with past years (the Power Rangers and 2nd birthday especially had fun aspects to them). But I am enjoying the chance to bronze the Shelder faster than I would otherwise. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby stargazer » Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm

There were cupcakes? ;)

I too have been getting a lot of the birthday mice, but somehow I managed to catch a Reality Restitch. I have to admit, I'm still new enough to the game to sort of be stumbling through it. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Mar 18, 2018 11:11 am

As it has been announced that the birthday event will wrap up the same day the egg hunt event starts, I'm taking a break from the birthday event to prep for egg hunting. ;)) Currently, I'm in the Seasonal Garden maxing out my amplifier. Next up is the BWRift. I want to be at the start of the Acolyte Chamber as that seems to be where almost all mice are encountered. I know I'm where I want to be in Fort Rox and Moussu Picchu. I need to check the Warpath as I'd like to be at least in Wave 3, if not at the end of it.

Revealed eggs from FBF are White Mouse Egg (haha), what I'm guessing is a general BWRift egg, an Absolute Acolyte Egg, a Chamber Cleaver egg, and some kind of slime covered egg that I'm assuming is a Homeopathic Apothacary egg.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 20, 2018 7:16 am

Updating my pre-Easter checklist:

-- I have 120 meters in Sunken City till I can loot the Deep, Deep, Deep Egg.
-- I'm in Wave 4 of the Warpath with a Console, so the Warmonger and Artillery Eggs should be easy pickings.
-- I have a Fort Rox Console and am at Dawn in case of Heart of the Meteor eggs.
-- MoPi weather is maxed with lots of cheeses and FBF, so I should be set there.
-- I've got a handful of the new cheeses for the Mountain expansion.
-- I have lots of BWRift supplies, but I'm at the beginning so I'm wondering whether to follow fantasia's lead and get myself better situated there.

General Quest Updates:
-- I got both MoPi and Lightning themes
-- Completed Polluted Adventure
-- Got the Draconic upgrade
-- Rift Trap and Base upgrades from BWRift (74 Cogs and no Runes, so a looooong way to go; but I've bronzed the AA, so there should be less hassle with this)
-- Temporal Turbine trap from Laby (still need both Shadow Plates) [Not as urgent given the crossbow trap upgrade from GWH; paired with snowball charms, that should help even out my MoPi runs.]
-- Relic Hunter journal theme (still need 4 scraps)
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Mar 25, 2018 10:40 am

I think, I THINK, I am fully prepped and ready to go for Easter. I'm currently hanging out in the FRift as I doubt they'll add any new eggs in there, and I just completed a minor side goal of finishing up the last battery.

I'll be curious to see how these new egg cartons work as I really only know of their existence but haven't paid close attention as to how they work or what they're supposed to do. I guess in some way they'll help lower level players get all of the eggs?

ETA: Forgot to mention that I did get all five of the LE traps. They weren't to hard to get ahold of. :)

Trying one last time to bronze the Reality Restitch Mouse so I will have crowned all of the Birthday Mice.

ETA again: Got the bronze crown. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Mar 26, 2018 10:52 am

I got two or three of the birthday traps and then headed to the warpath to set up there for Easter. I think there and the Bristle Woods Rift are the only two places that I need to spend some more time to get where I want to be for Easter.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 27, 2018 10:07 am

I was able to get all the traps a week or so ago...not as difficult as I thought. I should preface that by saying that I *did* donate for cheese, but only 15 pieces, so I feel like it wasn't that much of a boost...the event was definitely doable for active hunters.

I just repaired the 10th battery in FRift and now I'm farming Enerchi while I wait for Easter...definitely the most wonderful time of the year!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Mar 27, 2018 6:23 pm

I don't think I'll get any new eggs today except perhaps the Relic Hunter egg, should I decide to pursue him tonight. I'm working towards the Acolyte now, but as I was at the beginning of the chamber, I've a ways to go.
However, I've snagged all four of the Moussu Picchu eggs, as well as the Abominable Snow Egg and the Grey Egg. When I caught multiple Brown and White Mice without getting their eggs to drop, I decided to come back later. :P
Actually, as I was typing this post, I see the Relic Hunter Mouse is in the Town of Gnawnia, so I'm gonna move for now as I can double up on the White and Brown eggs.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 28, 2018 6:55 am

I've got the Warmonger and Relic Hunter Eggs and am working my way through the event eggs. Then I'll focus on gathering the new eggs as the whims take me. ;)) I should be pretty well set for all the eggs I'm missing; it's just a matter of hunting and patience.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Mar 28, 2018 9:38 am

24 hours in and I still need the:
Brown Egg
Chamber Cleaver Egg (any moment now...) ETA: Check!
Mutated Behemoth Egg
White Egg
and the 12 Spring Eggs

These should be finished up quickly and then I guess I will focus on the egg cartons. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Mar 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Eggs I still need:

Brown
Grey
Mutated Behemoth
Magmatic Golem
Shelder
Warmonger
Gargantua
Shattered
Zokor Treasury
Unstable Crystal
Absolute Acolyte

Everything but the shattered should be doable right?
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 28, 2018 8:20 pm

I've been bouncing around...working on the Relic Hunter egg right now, but that could legit take days so hopefully not too long.

In happy news, I caught the Absolute Acolyte that I'd had lined up before Easter, and the chest had the last Rune I needed to buy my upgraded Rift trap. I ended up with about 52k gold left over. =)) (I actually have a bit of gold saved away for Ronza, but I don't really count that as expendable gold). Can't remember the last time I was that "poor"! I had a good chuckle over that.

Eggs I still need:
Some of the Spring eggs (I got 3 or 4 plus the Golden already but I need to go back and get the rest)
Thunder
Relic Hunter
White
Brown
Mutated Behemoth
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

PreviousNext