This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby fantasia » May 15, 2014 8:44 am

starkat wrote:We'll see about the Magmatic Golem this next week.

Kat, you can always do what I did and sign up for 24 hour trains and then just show up for the last segment to farm charms. You can do that while being fairly inactive. Just sign in before the train ends.

Varna wrote:They say that if you're not broke when Ronza leaves, you're playing it wrong - but is it very important to be completely broke just as I'm starting in LG?
I would say no. Most of the time people ARE broke because things like those LG charms really help boost aspects of the area. But I am NOT spending all my gold. I may get a few more charms before she leaves, but it's more important to me to help friends get traps and such. Having said that, I plan to have gold leftover this year because they haven't had a single Count-level release yet that requires a lot of gold. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop....
I will warn you about the LG crafting supplies though... it takes a LOT of Ber essences, and while it helps in the short term, in the long term it doesn't help at all when you find you've run out of essences to buy more regular charms. But having said that, the Gnawnia Rift is a fantastic place to farm more essences (go Goliath Field mice :D ).

I noticed a few updates to the game they snuck in when Ronza came. If you have a treasure map that you've opened, there are now ample ways of sending invites to your friends. :P (It's kind of annoying actually from a design perspective. Too much!)
But more intriguing to me is that the last Toxic Spill mouse, the Mutated Behemoth, has now been revealed. Does that mean the next spill will be Archduke level? Not that it benefits a single person here, but I feel sorry for all the people who are that level who have been waiting for quite a while.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Better not to buy heaps of the LG Powders, then.
And I'll save some gold for the LG traps rather than buying, say, a second Chrome kit just for Marketplace speculation. I'll buy more of the goods that I expect to be useful for my own hunting (or enjoyment, like the RP skin), but I won't go broke.

I've been in the Iceberg for the last hours, doing well, and deciding to go for my first Deep Run!
185 feet - Hunt #240 B-)

Edit:
Success - I caught my first Deep Mouse and got 2 Deep Eggs :D
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » May 17, 2014 6:32 am

Varna, congrats on your first Deep Mouse! :D That's fantastic. So are you done with that area or do you still need Drheller?
Also, the other day I saw you post a link to the High Charge Eggs drops, would you mind posting it on here too?

There was nothing worth reporting during Mobile FBF yesterday. They showed a few screenshots from upcoming mobile updates, but meh... ;)) I was hoping for spoilers for the new area. :P

Doing a tournament today. I'm excited. :D It's been forever since I did a tourny.

ETA: Asking on behalf of both myself and shastastwin, what charms are people getting from Ronza? I got three of the M400 charms just for fun, I probably won't get many more. I will probably buy some of the soap flakes (or whatever they're called), and a few Unstable Charms. But nothing caught my attention this year where I was like "oh, I gotta stock up on these!"
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 17, 2014 9:14 am

I bought a bunch of Dewdrop powders, just because I'm at the point where I would like to be done with the LG as soon as possible so I'll be tricking out my setup. I've still got to get my Shadow upgrade, Rift Base, three Shattering Charms and an Ultimate Charm. So yeah.

As far as new stuff, I maxed out on the M400 charms because, why not? I bought a ton of Unstable Charms because I love Unstable Curd and it's fun. And I bought 500 Powdered Bleach because even if I don't use it all myself, I will probably be able to make a killing selling Super Soapy charms during the next Archduke Spill. :p
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » May 17, 2014 1:57 pm

From my post on the first page of this thread:
Varnafinde wrote:there was a question in the previous thread:
fantasia_kitty wrote:Question, wasn't there a place last year that let you see the number of eggs all the players had caught?

There's a new post up in the forum that shows the LLL description and the scoreboard for each egg (the egg name isn't always visible) - it's 3 posts, actually, because the link code takes up so much space. Hope it's useful :)
Here's the link to the first of the 3 posts:
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/forum/showthread.php?107401-Eggs-not-on-the-Scoreboard.&p=1172642&viewfull=1#post1172642

The first of those posts starts with the link to the High Charge Eggs ( http://www.mousehuntgame.com/scoreboard ... tible_2014 ). You may have to login to the non-FB version to access it.

After the Deep Run, where I got some new eggs (but not Drheller), and some new eggs on a train yesterday, I'm now down to 18 missing eggs. I'll concentrate on the LG ones, and perhaps the Rift and the M400.

Chrono
Warpath
Gargantua
Mighty Mole
Gnawnia Rift
Drheller
Pocketwatch
Aether
Crown Collector
Magmatic Golem
Eclipse
Twisted Lilly
Ethereal Librarian
Cursed Librarian
Corrupt
Essence Guardian
Sarcophamouse
M400

At the moment I'm farming MM cheese and Charge charms at the Factory.
I've bought most of the charms - heaps of some and a fair amount of others.

Heaps of the Super Cactus charms to use if I run out of Ancient (or as something nearly as good if I want to save my Ancient) - or to sell if that's a better idea.

A good stock of Mining charms because I like the Digby Dirt Dwellers so much - I want to bronze the BBB eventually, even though he's already given me the Monolith base. The charms would be useful for tournies.

Full quota of EMP400 charms, to use or to sell according to what looks most useful. Same with a good stock of Safeguard charms, and of Extra Coarse Salt.

A small batch of Unstable charms - it's fun to play in the lottery once in a while, and lotteries aren't made to make everyone rich, so I don't see those purchases as investment, just as fun.

A small batch of each color of Dewdrop powder - to be used with caution.

I'll go back to Living Garden as soon as I think I have enough Charge charms. I have less than 30 at the moment. (And 450 Eggstra charms :p )
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » May 18, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm about 1.4 mil away from being able to get the draconic trap on my own. I've asked a friend for a loan if I can't make enough progress. Hoping to reach the 1 mil mark. Trying to farm charge eggs like crazy and I've given up on the eggs I didn't catch this year.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » May 18, 2014 9:43 pm

It was reminded to all in one of the MH groups that I have that Eggstra charms can be smashed for Dark Chocolate Charms, which can be sold back to the Omelet Factory Shop. So if you're sitting on about a thousand from Daily Gifts and Charge Eggs and whatnot, you might get a few thousand from that.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » May 19, 2014 4:25 am

I've currently got around 15 million in gold left. . . so if somebody sees something at Ronza's that they cannot afford, yet really want, please let me know, and I'd be happy to help.

Should I have enough gold left at the end of Ronza's visit, I'll probably buy another Chrome Phantasmic Oasis kit just as an investment. I know that some people have advised against this, but we'll see. . . I have a gut feeling that the price is going to go through the roof. With the toxic spill, living garden, iceberg, etc... it just seems like every new area that's been released recently has been a hydro area.

I might also stock up on crafting supplies for the garden, just for resale value when Ronza isn't here.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby starkat » May 19, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks Digs for the loan! Thanks Gymmie for the reminder! Somehow I ended up with over 400 eggstra charms, so I smashed all but about 120 of them and only ended up needing a loan of about 350K (150K towards the trap and the rest to make sure I didn't drown in traveling costs or cheese costs). I'm going to go bounce around the tribal isles for a bit.

I've now picked up everything but the vine trap (which I wasn't interested in) and the charm stuff I was interested in. :D I'm going to farm charge eggs another day or so, but otherwise I'm about through with that too.
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » May 19, 2014 6:22 am

I really wish that there was a way to keep your Eggscavator charged while being on trains. You can kinda-sorta do it when you're in the supply depot, but the other areas are so charm dependent.

I'd LOVE it if they introduced a new charm conduit that allowed you to arm two charms at once. . . that'd be pretty awesome.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » May 19, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks for that tip, Gymmie. It netted me a quick 0.5mil. ;))

Yeah, I've been hoping for the same thing for a while, DiGs. Can you imagine going for a boss mouse in the LG with a Shattering Charm and a ULC/UPC? 8-}

I'm up to just over 2.5mil after buying a handful of the charms I thought might be useful or re-sellable. I also bought some powdered bleach because I figure it will either skyrocket in price or be useful down the line once I get my Washboard Base (which I'll be trying to finish this next Toxic Spill, but I'm not even halfway to the required Suds amount, so we'll see). I plan to keep farming charge eggs and LG supplies for a while, if not until the end of the event.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah, thanks Gymmie. Great tip. :D I am sadly out of charge charms :( but I have a small stash of MM to use next year, and I have a hefty amount of gold and SB+ so I think I'm in good shape. :) But I have gobs and gobs of eggstra charms so those I will probably smash and sell.

@DiGs and Eli, great idea, but I have some bad news for you. ;)) Back in the day when they invented the Conduit Lv 1 (or whatever it's called), that was exactly what they intended to do with Lv 2... use more than one charm. But that was also before we had Ultimate Charms and whatnot. ;)) So they have said they won't ever go there because it'd be too overpowered and have changed the Conduit Lv. 1 to just Conduit.

In other news, I have FINALLY caught the Shattered Carmine (thank you Chrome POWN) and FINALLY crafted my first Ultimate Charm. :D So I can check that goal off the list.

Ready for the Toxic Spill. :) Working on an M400 in the meantime.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 22, 2014 10:08 am

When Ronza arrived, I had just reached 38 mil. This morning I was counting up and finding that I had spent 39 mil and had between 4 and 5 mil left.

Right now I popped into her shop for a last shopping spree before she leaves, and spent another couple of mil :p Basically more of the same of charms and powders.

I FTCed a Garga this morning :(( But right now I'm back from the shop and got a Warpath egg - that's some consolation :p

It gave me one star for the location. Only location not having a star now is the Rift - I'll try to do something about it before the end of the Hunt, as well as finishing the last two items of the M400 assignment.

Edit:
Went back to FW, tried some streaks and finally got a good one - and got a Garga! B-)
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Congrats on your Garga Egg, Varna :)

A few bits of news from the past couple days worth posting (if you didn't already see it on FB).

~Last day of the egg hunt is Tuesday, May 27.

~Today on Art FBF, Jacob shared a couple spoilers. One is that the next release is going to be quite large. There are at least 54 mice drawn for it so far and the artists are working to get more done. The other thing he said, and I don't know whether to take this as a hint or not, but he said he'd share some of Lauren and Sarah's art next Art FBF and that would be in two weeks. Soooo.... does that mean the new area won't be out for a bit still?

~The recipe for the polluted base has been discovered...
Polluted Base
~Polluted Base Blueprints
~800 Pollutinum
~615 Radioactive Sludge
~1195 Living Shard
~78 Scrap Metal

I crafted it, here are the stats and description
A simulated spill was safely poured onto this base to mask it from its surroundings. Hard to distinguish between the actual spill itself, it allows the pollution of the Toxic Spill to seep through it, adding a chance for mice to drop a Radioactive Curd. Additionally, the Polluted Base will react with Polluted Charms, increasing the core radiation and using that energy to add extra Luck!

Power: 500
Power Bonus: 10%
Attraction Bonus: none
Luck: 5
Cheese Effect: Stale

By itself it's not as good as the GTB, so it has to be paired with the various polluted charms. It's too late tonight to compare the Polluted Base + Charm vs. GTB + Champion Charms, so I'll have to look into it tomorrow.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » May 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Discovered once the Oasis Water Node is under the Chrome Upgrade from Ronza, the Hunter's Hammer cannot be used to obtain Oasis Water Node trap parts. It is in the fine print. :ymblushing: It is more than adequate for runs through the Gauntlet.

Will eventually acquire the Phantasmic Oasis Water Node, but that will require runs through the Warpath to acquire ANOTHER Oasis Bead. ;)) Will focus on getting the other trap upgrades and eventually head back to the Gauntlet.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » May 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I reached my goal for this spill. Got my large canister. Now to work on the washboard base. I've got 74 soapy suds. 326 more to go.

I think it'll be awhile.

Any tips for farming suds other than don't make soapy charms?
starkat

PreviousNext