This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » May 03, 2020 1:45 pm

On one hand, doubling the effect of the Prestige base seems staggering on paper and would have massive in-game implications. BUT. People have been hunting (unknowingly) with the doubled stats for ages now, and thus far it doesn't seem to have broken anything lol. If anything, I could see them making the mice in the new Archduke area tougher, to keep them on par with the more powerful Prestige base. But then, it makes getting it in the Rift VITALLY important.

Anyhow, we shall see. I'm wrapping up a bit of hunting on the Rainbow map, and then I'm going to camp out in VRift for the last few days so I can get as many Secret eggs as possible, as those have helped quite a bit with accrual. I'll probably go for my next UU run once I have enough Secrets for String Stepping, or I might go without it. We'll see.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » May 03, 2020 1:55 pm

VRift is one place where I definitely don't collect all eggs and open them after the event - the secrets (not so many) and sigils (lots) I get from eggs, I need to use immediately, thank you very much. Or at least as soon as I reach an even number. I retreated from my recent run and found, outside the tower, that I had 2000 sigils. :D

What eggs had most secrets? I need them for Speed and Siphon upgrade now.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » May 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Definitely the Secret Eggs...floor specific eggs has Secrets but at such a low drop rate that I didn't open them all unless I was REALLY close to an upgrade and needed it to push me over.

Also the Eggsweeper game has some occasionally.

This year I found a REALLY handy Chrome script for MH that gives you the option to "Open All But One" for Eggs...I can't tell you how useful that has been for someone like me who likes to save 1 egg for the duration of the event but wants to open the rest.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » May 03, 2020 2:12 pm

I know people have been asking for that option. Occasionally I have a lot of an Egg and want exactly that, the contents of most of them, but still one staying unopened - so it sounds like a very good script.

I want to keep a Bard Floor Egg for next year. I think it's the prettiest egg they have made so far.

Where are Secret Eggs dropped?
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » May 03, 2020 2:30 pm

The Tower Secret egg is dropped everywhere in the VRift by mice that drop Secrets; I'm sure you must have gotten a good stash already. :)

Yeah, the script is REALLY useful...it only works on Eggs and Kits; I wish it would work on Scrolls as well, as it would have saved me a LOT of time opening my Nice scrolls that I bought for Dusts lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » May 03, 2020 2:42 pm

It's likely that quite a few of the secrets I've got, have come from such eggs, yes. I have 419 now - as soon as I reach 500, I'll update to Speed 8.

I need a few more updates ...
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » May 06, 2020 8:42 am

I missed the last of the eggs in the Queso Geyser. *sniff* Got the other new ones. It took me most of the entire hunt.

And now there's a new event!!!
starkat

Postby fantasia » May 06, 2020 11:33 am

Wow, I didn't realize how many different types of eggs I got this year. Enough that I was going to copy and paste the loot here for my own curiosity, but they're already off the end of my journal, so I'm not going to bother. Needless to say, I got a lot of good stuff. :) Happy with this year's event.

Kat wrote:And now there's a new event!!!
It's not actually an event, but rather permanent content. They moved the mice from the previous Olympic event into the Tournament Tower, so you can catch them (or crown them *winks at Varna*) if you so desire. The Collectibles are available for purchase as well. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 09, 2020 11:15 am

fantasia wrote:They moved the mice from the previous Olympic event into the Tournament Tower, so you can catch them (or crown them *winks at Varna*) if you so desire. The Collectibles are available for purchase as well. :)

I had already bronzed them during the events, so that's done.
If I had more of them, into 80 or 90 catches, I probably would make a point of silvering them, but I'm only into 40 or 50 for most of them. And so far I don't find their area sufficiently fun to hunt in for very long.

But now they will be required in maps and such, so I'll probably hunt for them occasionally. And if I want 5 extra silvers, they have the advantage that one cheese only attracts 5 different mice in one area, so it's possible to concentrate on them.

Collectibles for purchase - I found one that I had been thinking about a couple of weeks ago. The Winter Cup Dissonance Trap Skin! At the time it was only available in the Marketplace, where it is now blocked - I only remember that the cost was quite forbidding, and it now says that at the time it was blocked, the price was 110 mil gold :-o

At the trapsmith at the Tournament Hall, I now could get that pretty skin for 130
Tournament Tokens. I had a few of those, and I'll use that skin a lot now - until I get enough VRift Cores to upgrade the Timesplit Dissonance trap into an even better trap :p
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » May 11, 2020 10:49 am

Oh nice! I didn't realize it was permanent. I missed the top Queso Geyser egg, but I got all of the other new ones. I'll have to go set up for another epic at some point. I went back to finish my Valor Rift run that got me the Umbra egg. I bought the base! Now to get the trap which will take me awhile longer.

I need to farm gold after buying the base, so I may go spend some time in Mossu Pichu and run through some Fulmina's. I've got two teeth again. So I may have enough for a lightning map soon.

Edit: Side question... is the chrome monstrobot and chrome storm wrought ballista worth it verses the non chrome version? Or is it worth it for sentimental reasons?
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » May 11, 2020 12:09 pm

You need the Chrome Storm Wrought Ballista Parts (and a Rib :p + some more items) to craft the Dragon Slayer Cannon.

The chrome versions are better - but whether they are so much better that they are worth the cost, I couldn't really say. But I'm usually tempted to get them for sentimental reasons :ymblushing:
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » May 11, 2020 1:55 pm

I actually have the kits. I was just debating on selling them or not. Thanks Varna. I'll hold onto them then.
starkat

Postby dracula » May 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:So here's a little bit of interesting news that I saw today:

Apparently there has been a "bug" with the Prestige base that has doubled the listed stats (even though it still says the "correct" stats on the trap page, in actuality it's doubled...which would explain why people have been reporting the Prestige being better at lower UU TE catches than it *should* be). According to the most recent FBF, it seems like the "bug" is going to be made permanent?

This is what they said on the forum:
"New milestones for Prestige Base:
Overtakes CWB Power at Floor 17
Matches CWB Luck at Floor 32 (TE4), overtakes at floor 40 (TE5)
Overtakes Mino Power at Floor 27
Matches Mino Luck at Floor 40 (TE5), overtakes at floor 48 (TE6)
Matches Denture Power at Floor 52 [but denture has 5% more power bonus]
Overtakes Denture Luck at Floor 64 (TE8)"

I still don't fully understand it, but basically it means you can take all of the old recommendations on what TE catch is needed for the Prestige base to match/eclipse other bases, and divide it in half. That means for me, with TE7, the Prestige base is better than the Mino in ALL areas (just with worse attraction). The only base it's not better than is Charged Denture, and I was one stinkin' TE away from that lol.

So, assuming this is all going to stay, it changes up my strategy a bit. I'll probably push for UU Floor 64 a lot sooner than I planned, since I was really close during SEH and I have much better augmentations now. I'm still going to try for a big UU run, but I'll do it at Halloween instead of next CNY. And I'll probably aim for something like Floor 100 or thereabouts, depending on how much gold I want to spend.

Varna, if you haven't bought the Prestige base already, you might want to sooner if you were able to get to Floor 40 on your UU run?

FK, since I know you've gone past UU 64, I'd be curious to know if you've tried the Prestige base everywhere and what your experience has been with it.

I just found out about this today. Yes that is nuts and is actually making me change my plan about the vrift.

Other news from today’s fbf

The devs are working hard on the floating isles. It will have a lot of new mice similar in size to the sunken city, they are hoping to release in 2020 but no promises

The next event is big jaqs spice shack, and then Ronza. I missed big jaq last year but apparently it’s a good way to use gold and wild tonic with milder leaves to get stronger leaves without doing any hunts.

Also you get massive amounts of queso just from hunting in the queso areas during big jaqs event.

They had 2 bits of info about the prestige base as gym fan mentioned: people were getting the over 9000 egg when their power was much less than 9000 during the egg hunt. The prestige base is basically giving double the intended bonus, and the bonus from the rift walker set is also doubled and has been for years. And they are not nerfing either.

I’m on a string stepping run right now, at floor 100 and will likely not quite get to 104 using ult rift lucky power charms. I wanted to do a full run in November with ember charms but will likely do timesplit charms as a cheaper alternative and try to farm up ultimate charms at the living garden during lunar new year, egg hunts and the summers over the next 3 or so years I’ll need about 650 ultimate charms and should get to about level 140.

I may scrap this idea is I decide getting a prestige base with total eclipse 13 or 14 is already overpowered and makes the game too easy. My concern is that going to any area with the prestige base will now be like hunting in the meadow with chrome monstrobot: essentially using a sledgehammer to kill an ant
dracula
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Varnafinde » May 16, 2020 6:36 pm

dracula wrote:I may scrap this idea is I decide getting a prestige base with total eclipse 13 or 14 is already overpowered and makes the game too easy. My concern is that going to any area with the prestige base will now be like hunting in the meadow with chrome monstrobot: essentially using a sledgehammer to kill an ant

Someone said on the forum today:
mousehunter wrote:I know the effects for the Prestige Base are more than intended, but even with those stats it doesn't feel over the top. While Prestige is now my best overall base and I have maxed my speed siphon and synch, I have not gotten to floor 100...and cannot imagine the resources that will be needed to get there or beyond.

So at least it doesn't make Valour Rift too easy. At least not until you've done a massive UU run and reached floor 150 or something like that. So I don't expect it will make every other area too easy either. (Make a challenge for yourself: Get one of the very weak beginner's traps - Tacky Glue Trap, if you like - and try it with the Prestige Base.)

I still haven't upgraded VRift fully - I'm at Speed 8 and Sync 5, but I have maxed Siphon, which is really useful. Speed 9 and 10 will be next, with the trap either between them or after them, and Sync 6 and 7 can wait for last.

I'm on my second UU run now, on floor 35 (I've only reached 38 earlier), and will reach 40 easily and probably 48 without much trouble - and then we'll see whether I can reach even higher. I need the cores for updates. No thought of a codex for a long while. But so far I think it's fun to farm them.

And dracula, if you'd like us to be friends on MouseHunt, look for Bee Cissy :)
Varnafinde

Postby dracula » May 16, 2020 8:19 pm

My mousehunt id is 5402864 I’m not sure how to search for someone by name

The other thing I’ll add about the prestige base:

You can combine the prestige base with rift ult power charms, rift ult luck power charms or any rift charm and get a partial rift bonus in non rift areas.

I’ve talked in this thread about hunting monstrous black widow during lunar new year to amass a huge number of rift ult power charms and rift ult luck charms

This will most definitely be really useful in the floating isles.

To sum up:

Send golems to rift whisker woods during the great winter hunt.(also send to valor rift and mousu Picchu but you really want golems in the rift whisker woods to get hundreds of lactrodectous Lancashire cheese.

Then farm the cheese out in lunar new year with the lantern to get double the widows webs to sustain taunting charms, and get double the normal ult rift power and ult rift luck charms.

Use the ult rift power charms with a powered up prestige base in ANY area, hydro, physical , forgotten or whatever

My string stepping run ended at floor 103, which is ok as I will try again for real in November with the Halloween aura and just wanted a semi decent prestige base for the summer
dracula
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » May 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Sent you a friend request dracula. :)

Well done on reaching floor 103! :D I'm not too far behind you, but I'll probably hold off on trying again until the next Lunar New Year. :) (Unless I farm all the materials I need and am bored out of my skull without anything else to do...)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext