This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 20, 2017 2:51 pm

The guy who used to maintain the Horntracker, hasn't got the time to work on it any more, so it hasn't been updated for months. Someone else is working on a similar project - if you go to the right forum, you might find something about it. I don't remember, and I'm not playing actively from Facebook now.

I might join you on some more train rides if they fit in with my schedule. The ride I joined you for, went from 11 pm till 5 am in my time zone - which wasn't such a good idea :p
I need Magmatic Crystal charms as well, as I want to bronze those two Magmatic mice. I've got their egg, and it took a lot of charms, but I don't remember how many.

I also want all the Easter eggs. There will be new ones, of course, but other than those, there's only one that I still need - the Shelder egg. Perhaps I need to spend the first week hunting for the Shelder - and there's no guarantee that a week will be enough ... What maps would give us the cheese we need for him? Were there Shelder maps?
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Aug 20, 2017 3:25 pm

There's Shelder maps now...they're good to do because of the Galleon Gouda, but Galleon Gouda only gives you a TINY boost so honestly I don't know if the effort to get it is worthwhile if it's not Easter, because you have to catch a Shelder in order to get it. During Easter, it wasn't too bad because you'd have 5 people going after the Shelder and you didn't necessarily have to catch it yourself in order to get the Galleon Gouda so you could try again.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Aravanna » Aug 20, 2017 4:20 pm

It's a shame the Horntracker gentleman doesn't have time to maintain his website. It was an amazing wealth of info.

And I'm still doing trains but I haven't been inviting people to join me because I'm skipping the first two thirds of the trains to maximize my time. It seems like I'm kind of cheating the other train rides. Also the times that work best for me are in the middle of the night for you Varna. :-s. Bummer!
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Aug 24, 2017 2:54 pm

@Ara, there is another site that Varna told me about. Here is a link...
http://tsitu.github.io/MH-Tools/
The Map Solver, Catch Rate Estimator, and best Trap Setup are the ones I use on there.

As of today, I'm over halfway to the Timesplit Dissonance Trap. My last two Acolytes each had a rune in the Mysterious Box and I was able to buy one as well, which brings my total to 5 Timesplit Runes and 30 Clockwork Cogs. So just barely over halfway. ;)) Honestly, this is going much faster than I was expecting. I've caught 20 Absolute Acolytes now.

I finished an Arduous Map earlier today. (Thanks teammates for doing most of the work!) No base yet. Starting a new Arduous Map.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Aug 29, 2017 8:59 am

First of all, I want to say welcome to Ryadian to the game! :D I know you're just giving it a test run, but whether or not you stick with it, thanks for trying it out. (Make sure you read all of the mouse descriptions because that's the part I thought you'd get a kick of irregardless of whether or not you like the gameplay ;) )

Thanks to the game update, I am now 55% Viceroy. (*)

Kat opened up the first Warpath treasure map I've been on. I'm hoping the portal parts drop right away and we don't have to do multiple maps, but this one at least went fast thanks to a friend who was almost to Wave 4 already. I'll finish up the map here in a couple hours and then head to the Laby/Zokor to get the Moussu Picchu treasure map piece.

ETA: I just noticed the bumped up the crafting slots for Elder and Sage. They've mentioned in recent FBF that higher levels will have benefits in the new areas, similar to how Z's Tower works: the higher level you are, the more amplifier you can hold. We're probably going to be crafting lots of stuff in Moussu Picchu.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Imma Viceroy! Just squeaked in above the requirement (although, I'm guessing that if it was just a normal ranking, I probably would have ranked up a month or two ago).

I am looking forward to getting out of the single digits of rank progression soon. ;))

Still splitting my time between BWRift and the Laby; and of course now we need to catch all the District bosses for our MP key. Not that I wasn't going to be going after more bosses soon anyway, but meh. I hate the Laby now and I just want that Temporal Shadow Plate, goshdangit.

BWRift is going slow but I'm in no rush since I'm just after a new trap and Rift is side-adventure, anyway. I'm guessing that the holiday events will probably incorporate BWRift loot in some capacity so I'm sure I'll get a little bonus there. No hurry; it's a long haul type of thing. No Timesplit Runes since my lucky two drops so I'm reaaallly far away, haha.

I'm going to wait until my current map finishes, and then I'll probably open a Laby map and head into the Laby to get my MP key.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:I am looking forward to getting out of the single digits of rank progression soon. ;))

Indeed. I think I ranked up .2% yesterday, as opposed to .01% every 2-3 days. ;))

Well, we lucked out big time with our Warpath map as one of our group was at the end of Wave 3, so she got a couple Wave 3 mice and all of the Wave 4 mice. It only took us two days to complete. not bad. :) I got the Warpath Portal Console out of the deal so I just need a core. 1/2

On the Moussu Picchu map, I snagged the Manaforge Smith this morning and got the Climbing Grapnel of Tech. 1/3

Shoot, I actually have a lengthy to-do list for the first time in quite a while!

Labyrinth
-Scholar Run
-Fealty Run
-Buy the Moussu Picchu Climbing Route map piece

Warpath
-Treasure maps until I get a Warpath Portal Core
-Catch the Artillery Commander (wait for the egg hunt? get two portals?)

BWRift
-Need 5 Timesplit Runes and 20 Cogs
-Buy the Timesplit Dissonance trap

Treasure Maps
-Need the Ancient Booster Base
-Want the Relic Hunter Theme

#:-s
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby stargazer » Sep 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Some of you may have noticed Rya's not the only new NarniaWebber to this game. ;))

One reason I decided to give it a try was seeing her check her phone and look at the mouse descriptions. Some are pretty humorous.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » Sep 01, 2017 1:06 pm

stargazer wrote:Some of you may have noticed Rya's not the only new NarniaWebber to this game. ;))

I had NOT noticed. Welcome! :D I have refreshed my FB friends list in the game and there you are.
As I told Rya, the developers (devs for short) are reworking the beginning areas of the game. So far they've done the Meadow, Town of Gnawnia, the Windmill, and the Harbour. The Mountain is next on their list, but as it's not done yet, once you arrive there, you'll discover that it's kind of boring. ;)) Pretty much the only thing to do is catch the (I think) Ninja mouse to get the next map piece to drop. But I promise as you work your way up through the levels the game becomes interesting again. ;) ;))
If either one of you need any suggestions or assistance in some way, let the rest of us know and we'll be more than happy to help. :)

So I watched FBF this morning (as much as my kids would allow ;)) ) and Dave gave a full rundown of Moussu Picchu. Sounds like it's going to be a slightly upscale version of Furoma. It's a short-ish area, a relatively easy area, and a passive area. I think the most difficult part is getting the map piece to get in. LOL
The area releases Wednesday, and I SHOULD have the map piece to get in by then. I already have the Tech piece and I will hopefully get the Scholar piece in about four hours or so. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Ryadian » Sep 01, 2017 3:12 pm

stargazer wrote:One reason I decided to give it a try was seeing her check her phone and look at the mouse descriptions. Some are pretty humorous.

They are, indeed, pretty funny. ;)) Some of them kind of raise some questions about exactly how bizarre the world of this game is, but this game certainly isn't lacking in atmosphere. :D

fantasia_kitty wrote:So I watched FBF this morning (as much as my kids would allow ;)) ) and Dave gave a full rundown of Moussu Picchu.

I only understood about half of that sentence, but "Moussu Pichu" gets me every time. =)) I get the sneaking suspicion that the developers of this game like puns. And have far too much fun. ;)

I have been enjoying the game pretty well so far. I can't quite tell if I'm ahead or behind relative to where I should be, but so far the game has proven to be less intentionally aggravating than a lot of other Facebook games. ;)) I don't know what the early locations were like before the redesign, but I highly approve of them now. I really liked having clear, attainable objectives beyond "Hope you catch [rare mouse here]". Plus it was nice that the different locations were all different, gave them a bit more flavor.

*Returns to lurking and trying to decipher the veterans' talk* :P
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Welcome to the game, Rya and 'Gazer! :D Gnawnia is indeed a slightly bizarre world but I get a kick out of every bit of lore. ;))

I have no idea what my ranking was before the update, but I know I was sitting at 98% Grand Duchess earlier this week and am now at 99%. That being said, I'm still working on the Duchess level adventures. :p I've only got the Retired Minotaur left, but still, I do feel a bit behind. And I need to remember to head back to the Toxic Spill for a bit because apparently I haven't refined enough pollutinum.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Sep 02, 2017 5:38 am

Ryadian wrote:
fantasia_kitty wrote:So I watched FBF this morning (as much as my kids would allow ;)) ) and Dave gave a full rundown of Moussu Picchu.

I only understood about half of that sentence, but "Moussu Pichu" gets me every time. =))

FBF = Feedback Friday, in which the developers host a live stream on YouTube every Friday in order to get feedback from the players. There are two kinds, the regular, usually hosted by Dave, talks about newly released content and getting feedback about it, and then also the current things that are being worked on for the game. As Moussu Picchu (yes, they like puns ;) ) is being released on Wednesday, yesterday's FBF was almost exclusively about that.
The second is Art FBF, hosted by Jacob, the lead artist of the game. He'll draw something, most often a mouse for an upcoming area, and players give suggestions that he might work in. :) I find Art FBFs particularly amusing because they go for hours and hours.

Other primary acronyms that get used a lot in this thread.
DHU - Devs Hate You (you're having a run of bad luck)
DLU - Devs Love you (good luck :D )

There are many, many others, but they typically refer to a trap or cheese or area and need to be referenced in context. I'll try to remember to spell stuff out at least once so you and Gazer can start to catch on. :)

Got my Climbing Vine of Scholars last night. Just need the Climbing Boots of Fealty now. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Sep 04, 2017 9:05 am

I wrote:Labyrinth
-Scholar Run
-Fealty Run
-Buy the Moussu Picchu Climbing Route map piece

Warpath
-Treasure maps until I get a Warpath Portal Core
-Catch the Artillery Commander (wait for the egg hunt? get two portals?)

BWRift
-Need 5 Timesplit Runes and 20 Cogs
-Buy the Timesplit Dissonance trap

Treasure Maps
-Need the Ancient Booster Base
-Want the Relic Hunter Theme

Just got the map piece, so I'm ready for Wednesday. Hunting in the BWRift again as I'm on a Laby map and the Warpath and Relic Hunter goals require me to be on other maps. And quite frankly the BWRift I'd like to get done and out of the way as it's far more time consuming.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 04, 2017 9:41 am

Looks like I'll have the map piece in time...I should have the last part I need today. My Fealty and Tech run went a lot faster than I thought.

Nooooo I'm not ready for a new area, lol. But they say it's passive, so honestly I might make it my nighttime/weekend hunting spot for awhile. Either way, I am glad it's passive because the last few areas haven't been and it's hard to find a place you can hunt overnight or on a day when you can't tend your horn, but still progresses you in the game.

I don't even know what my detailed game goals are, but I know that the Temporal Turbine trap is top, with the BWRift right underneath. Right now, that means that I'm trying to stock up Mino keys so I can make another go at getting lucky during Halloween. If I don't get at least one of the two part drops I need, I may change tactics and focus on accumulating gold so I can buy the pieces instead. That makes me weep inside but the opportunity cost of me spending so much time on the Laby is getting to be too much, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Sep 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Ryadian wrote:Some of them kind of raise some questions about exactly how bizarre the world of this game is, but this game certainly isn't lacking in atmosphere. :D

Indeed ...

daughter of the King wrote:Gnawnia is indeed a slightly bizarre world but I get a kick out of every bit of lore. ;))

I strongly disagree - with "slightly". I see it as a VERY bizarre world ... :-o

I completely agree with getting a kick out of the lore, though =))

Welcome, Rya and gazer! And if you haven't noticed me yet, it's because I use the name Bee Cissy on Facebook and in MouseHunt. (Btw, the insect avatar I use there, I have made from one of my own photos.) I hope you continue to have fun!
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Aravanna » Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm just popping in to say WELCOME! to 'Gazed and Rya. Enjoy the game and let us know if you need advice or help. :D
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext