This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby ceppault » Apr 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:Got my first Eclipse mice! :D 30 pieces of T7 netted me 3 Eclipses; so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Well done!

Working my way through T1 for a while. Yes. Still. Again ;))
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 27, 2014 10:25 am

My current list of remaining eggs:

Acolyte Realm
Chrono Egg
Fiery Warpath
Warpath Egg
Gargantua Egg
Gnawnia Rift
Mighty Mole Egg
Gnawnia Rift Egg
Iceberg
Icewing's Generals Egg
Drheller Egg
Icewing Egg
Living Salt Egg
Deep Egg
Crystal Library
Pocketwatch Egg
Aether Egg
Crown Collector Egg
Bazaar or S.S. Huntington III or Tournament Hall
Crown Collector Egg
Gnawnian Express Station
Crate Egg
Sharpshooter Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg
King's Gauntlet
Eclipse Egg
Toxic Spill
Clean Egg

And then all the Living Garden eggs, which I can finally access! :)

Living Garden
Thistle Egg
Living Garden Egg
Twisted Lilly Egg
Lost City
Living Garden Egg
Ethereal Librarian Egg
Cursed Librarian Egg
Corrupt Egg
Essence Guardian Egg
Sand Dunes
Living Garden Egg
Quesodillo Egg
Sarcophamouse Egg

I've only caught a few mice in Living Garden, and no eggs, then I've left to do the Count level of the Spill.
There's a lot to learn about the mechanics of the LG area - so far I've only been pottering around, staying out of the twisted world, and hunting for easy mice.

And lots of the LG mice are so pretty! :)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Apr 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Varna, congrats on getting into the Living Garden! :D I don't remember what
kind of drop rate I had on eggs there but it sure seemed like it was more than what I'm getting in the Toxic Spill. (I think I've gotten a total of two Clean eggs so far :-o ) Perhaps that's because there was more of a variety to drop?

After observing the overall Scoreboard for a few days, I decided to fast track my attempt to get my Washboard Base so I've started buying Super Rotten Charms off the Marketplace. The catch rate with the base is vastly superior as the people that already had it flew by me with their score. I don't care about the scoreboard so much as I would love to make any improvement I can to get to Archduchess faster.... :-bd
Currently 274/400 soapy suds.

My strategy had been to take a break during the Baroness and Lady TS levels to farm more Rift eggs and cycle some charge charms. You know, actually make some gold back since I've been breaking even for a long time and now spending a hefty amount on Super Rotten Charms? :P If I do that, will I be able to get enough Soapy Suds this Toxic Spill? :-? Decisions decisions.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 28, 2014 6:12 am

My charge eggs run is over. I'm heading to the tower in an effort to get at least one of the two king eggs. I've not yet successfully done a double run, so I'm not sure if it'll happen or not. After this, I'm heading back to the iceberg to go after the Living Salt egg. I've had zero luck with the rift egg.

Uncaught eggs:

Gargantua
Gnawnia Rift
Living Salt
Magmatic Golem
Mystic King
Technic King
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 28, 2014 12:39 pm

I've decided to go ahead and charge some eggs during the Baron part of the Spill. I actually got a fair amount of soapy suds yesterday so that makes me feel pretty good about my chances of crafting the Washboard Base this spill. 313/400 :) 87 suds to go.

I'm currently in the Rift charging eggs and farming any and all Rift supplies I can get. I'm not sure what to expect with the upcoming new content but at least two mice Jacob has drawn look Rift-y so I think having extra supplies would be a good idea.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 28, 2014 1:18 pm

I went to the Spill for the Count level, and now I'm back in Living Garden. I went for a little while into Sand Dunes and got a Quesodillo with an Egg, but I didn't have enough cheese to stay there for long - it's better to stay in Living Garden until I get more Dewthief Petals.

I feel somewhat lost in the new area, with Petals and Essences and Minigames - but so far I like it. I love the graphics, and I know that I'm going to get used to the new mechanics eventually. It seems that the Minigames usually require use of charms, so I won't do those while I'm using Charge and Eggstra charms ...

So far I've got 3 different eggs, Quesodillo, Thistle and Living Garden, and most of them more than once. I'll proably try Lost City tomorrow - I don't know when I'll be ready for the Twisted world, though, and that means that there are some eggs that may have to wait for later.

But I'm definitely enjoying the new area! :)
Varnafinde

Postby ceppault » Apr 29, 2014 7:49 am

Varnafinde wrote:I feel somewhat lost in the new area, with Petals and Essences and Minigames - but so far I like it.

Felt the same way. Read over the linked Strategy Guide (Spheniscine's) and found it helpful until I figured it out.

My goal there is to obtain better traps for even more epic KG runs :D
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby shastastwin » Apr 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I got my first Eclipse! :D I actually think I like the King's Gauntlet well enough when I have decent traps for the upper levels. ;))

I'm now back to working on my M400 assignment for the time being. We'll see if I have the patience for this Finder mouse. I'll probably flit back to the LG areas and Toxic Spill some as well, but I'm going to try to finish my M400 assignment and nab any missing eggs I can along the way.

Moving up my egg list as well:

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Black Widow
Chrono
Cook (not likely to try for)
Deep (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Dhreller (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Fog
Gargantua * (Not likely)
Gate Guardian *
Living Salt * (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
M400 * (working on assignment)
Mage Weaver *
Magic
Magmatic Golem * (may or may not try for again)
Mystic King * (did not get this one in my tower run; not likely to try again this year)
Scavenger

(* denotes egg added this year)

Edit: Well, I got the Finder mouse. Now, I am trying for a Captain (and I'm hoping for a Cook Egg while I'm here).

Edit 2: I'm up to step 7: Catch a Barkshell Mouse. I'm out of Duskshade, so I'm currently farming supplies to head back into the Twisted Garden. I'm also hoping for a few LG area eggs along the way. (I've already collected them all, but more supplies would be great. ;) )
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Time for an Egg update!

Current Uncaught Eggs:
Fiery Warpath
Gargantua Egg
Iceburg
Icewing's General Egg
Living Salt Egg
Living Garden
Thistle Egg
Twisted Lilly
Dojo
Assassin Egg
Lost City
Ethreal Librarian Egg
Sand Dunes
Quesodillo Egg
Zugzwang's Tower
Mystic King Egg

So I was able to make a pretty large dent in my Uncaught Eggs over the last week, although it doesn't feel like it. Went into the Spill for about a day or so, nabbed a few of each egg (I was surprised, lol). Went into the Rift this morning and got both eggs quickly so now I'm finishing up my Lunaria Camembert and then will be heading into the Normal LG for the eggs there.

I put a good-sized dent in my Iceburg run...of course I would have had to stop my run RIGHT after a General, lol. Thinking back, in the interest of saving time I probably should have bought a Cold Fusion Bomb, terminated my run and then started over from the beginning for a Deep run so the Living Salt mouse would be guaranteed. Ah well. I'll head back there later if I feel so inclined.

I *may* just leave the Living Salt, Garga and Mystic King egg for next year if it appears that the event will end soon. These eggs will be "easy" (relatively speaking) to "set up" next year, so I can have them ready to go and can knock them out quickly, saving time. I want to stock up on LG eggs so I can get OUT of that area once and for all, lol. I also have a good supply of Charge charms since I haven't been using any for awhile, so I want to lay in a supply of those eggs.

As for the Assassin, I'll probably do my charge cycle in the Dojo so I'm at least making use of the time, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby shastastwin » May 01, 2014 6:30 am

I collected the Mage Weaver egg and made it to step 9 on my M400 assignment: Bionic in the Meadow. I've had this one a few times before. Here's hoping he comes to me quickly. Once I've finished the M400, I plan on trying to catch the SB+ eggs in the Harbour (Magic, Fog and BW) and farm Charge Eggs for a bit before camping out in the LG areas.

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Black Widow
Chrono
Fog
Gargantua * (Not likely)
Gate Guardian *
M400 * (working on assignment)
Magic
Mystic King * (did not get this one in my tower run; not likely to try again this year)
Scavenger

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby ceppault » May 01, 2014 10:48 am

Eggscavator Charges and Eggstra Charms can be smashed by the Hunter's Hammer to make Dark Chocolate Charms. Helpful :)
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » May 01, 2014 1:22 pm

As always, congrats to anyone and everyone who has managed to snag a difficult (or just new ;) ) egg. :D

I got my Washboard Base this afternoon. Yay! :D Now I need Soapy Suds for the POWN skin, but I'm not in much of a hurry on that. I'm just glad I have that base for the next spill. :) I wasn't sure if I'd get it in time, but I finished with lots of spill to spare. ;))

Next on my list, get the Thirsty Mouse for our LG treasure map, and then I guess it's back to the Rift for more Rift eggs.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » May 01, 2014 3:13 pm

It took most of the day, but I got my Bionic. The M400 was in the Meadow as well, so I didn't have to go far. ;)

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Black Widow
Chrono
Gargantua * (Not likely)
Gate Guardian *
Scavenger

I'm currently in the Harbour going for Fog, Magic and BW eggs. If I get one or two, I'll be satisfied. I'm not gunning for all 3.

Edit: 1 down: Fog :)
Edit 2: Magic down as well. :D
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » May 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Someone asked in the forum how much was needed before he could move on in LG - he got suggestions to how many hundred petals he ought to gather before moving to the next section - if I understood them right.
In a guide I read, they suggest how large Gouda packs you can start with and how many Icuris you are likely to get from them.

Is this advice aimed at those runs where you sit for days in the garden?
I had about 40 petals when I moved on, because I wanted eggs from other LG areas, and I've been going back and forth. Is this less effective than staying put, or is that a matter of personal taste?
During the Spring Hunt I'm forever running around in circles :p

My updated list of remaining eggs:

Acolyte Realm
Chrono Egg
Fiery Warpath
Warpath Egg
Gargantua Egg
Gnawnia Rift
Mighty Mole Egg
Gnawnia Rift Egg
Iceberg
Icewing's Generals Egg
Drheller Egg
Icewing Egg
Living Salt Egg
Deep Egg
Crystal Library
Pocketwatch Egg
Aether Egg
Crown Collector Egg
Bazaar or S.S. Huntington III or Tournament Hall
Crown Collector Egg
Gnawnian Express Station
Crate Egg
Sharpshooter Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg
King's Gauntlet
Eclipse Egg
Living Garden
Twisted Lilly Egg
Lost City
Ethereal Librarian Egg
Cursed Librarian Egg
Corrupt Egg
Essence Guardian Egg
Sand Dunes
Sarcophamouse Egg

and without a location
M400 Egg

Is it likely that the hunt will last for at least one more week?
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » May 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Unless you're bouncing between the Normal and Twisted sides of the LG, there's no "disadvantage" to moving from area to area and use cheese in small batches. You'll have to move a lot, but you will get a quicker shot at different mice. The only point where I would NOT move on unless you've got a good stockpile of cheese is moving from the Normal to the Twisted side, because it takes time and precious cheese to catch a Carmine to port you over, and doing this frequently is a waste of both.

Currently in the Toxic Spill until I finish filling up my Medium Barrel (not a SINGLE canister ring looted this ENTIRE spill and I've been using Super or regular Rotten charms the whole time...what give!?!). Then it's off to the LG to finish up those mice. I expect they will announce a ending date for the event during FBF tomorrow so I may move earlier depending on when they say it is. I still have a bunch of charge charms I need to dispel.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby shastastwin » May 02, 2014 5:18 am

I got my Black Widow Egg not long after my Magic Egg last night and camped out in the factory to get some MM for Charge Charms. Now I'm trying my hand at catching a Scavenger until the FG opens again and I can go for the Gate Guardian/Chrono for a bit. I don't plan on trying for these three more than the next day or so. Then I'll spend the rest of my time in the LG areas as the rest of the eggs I can try for are all more work than I care to put in at this point. :)

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Chrono
Gargantua * (Not likely)
Gate Guardian *

Edit: I got my Scavenger Egg. Now on to Gate Guardian and Chrono. I may go for a complete (minus Iceberg) set of eggs this year. We'll see how determined I become in the coming days. :P
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

PreviousNext