This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby shastastwin » Feb 28, 2017 7:24 pm

I took my new Event Horizon trap for a spin at Fort Rox. It went much better than my previous runs, and I *almost* made it to dawn (missed it by 2 hunts). I upgraded my Cannon, so here's hoping my next run (after the birthday event) will be successful. I'm currently farming meteorite pieces to repair my wall and stock up on cheese.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 28, 2017 11:39 pm

I've decided that if Easter ends and I still haven't gotten my Temporal Turbine trap, I'm going to make plans to just go ahead and buy the parts I need. I'm already down with buying one Plate; I'd just rather not buy two. I could have been finished with the Labyrinth ages ago but I've had the worst DHU with trap parts, lol. And I'd like to go into the new phase of areas not feeling so dang behind all the time.

So that being said, my current goal right now is farming Mino Keys so I can go on a few runs during Easter and hopefully get lucky.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Good luck Gymmie! :)

Off to an annoying start on the birthday event :P ;)) I'm at year three and I don't have a single red cupcake, but tons of yellow, blue, green, and even a couple rainbow. Hoping for red cupcakes as GotD tonight. :P ;) Otherwise I shall remain stuck for the time being.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Mar 03, 2017 9:32 am

Two days later, and I'm still having very few red cupcakes drop. I just happened to notice in FBF that red cupcakes seem to be sparse this year, so I did something I've never done before... My cupcake numbers were SO skewed, I went ahead and traded in 12 yellow cupcakes for 3 blue and 3 red. That luckily got me through two more years, so now I'm on year 8. I'm sure my impatience will come back to bite me, but I just need to get through year 9. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 03, 2017 11:10 am

I did the same thing, FK. I'm about evened out now, but I need blue cupcakes instead. I'm on year 8. I think I will probably focus on getting the adventure book completed first and then figure out if it will be possible to farm cheese and cupcakes reasonably as in past years.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 03, 2017 11:01 pm

I just need green cupcakes...and of course those are the hardest to get. I've got two Y9's open and a Y6 because I read that if you need more of a certain color you should open a year that requires the most of them (so Y6 is heavy on greens). We'll see if it works.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Mar 04, 2017 7:40 am

In all the years they've done the cupcake event, I've never had trouble with green cupcakes. It's usually the rainbow ones I get stuck on, and those make sense to me as they're SUPPOSED to be the most rare. I know in the past I've had most of those come from the daily rewards rather than drops.
Currently sitting on a pile of 12 green cupcakes and 1 red cupcake. Waiting...waiting....for red cupcakes. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Mar 05, 2017 5:52 am

I have shipped 21 Orders with 170 Cupcakes (finished the Adventure and received Base, Trap and Theme).
My pile now consists of 5 red, 18 yellow, 37 blue, 2 green and 3 rainbow cupcakes. I could certainly do with some more red and green ones.

Perhaps the best is to arm Gouda and farm cheese for a few days, and then farm cupcakes regardless of color, and then finally see what orders can be filled? I think Years 8 and 9 are the most interesting ones for me, loot-wise.

But I also want to bronze the new mouse and silver some of the old ones.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Mar 05, 2017 7:37 am

Varnafinde wrote:I have shipped 21 Orders with 170 Cupcakes (finished the Adventure and received Base, Trap and Theme).

That's very telling. We've been on almost the exact same amount of hunts this week according to the scoreboard, but I've only managed to fill 10 orders and ship 84 cupcakes. I'm not worried about finishing the event, there's plenty of time, but I've definitely had some DHU on this event for sure.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Mar 12, 2017 11:54 am

I think that I am officially done with the birthday event, other than occasionally returning to turn in the last few cupcakes before the end. I am taking a gamble that next year for the TENTH birthday party of MH that they'll do a new event and I won't need to farm cheese or potions. :P
Instead, I am going to focus the last three days before the Fort Rox expansion on collecting as many meteorites as I can get. :) Sounds like finishing up the last Wall upgrade will be beneficial after all, but I won't get that done before Wednesday.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Mar 13, 2017 7:29 am

I'd do the same, but go back to the labyrinth and set up for a mini run. However, when sprinkling the year 9 cupcake orders, I'm getting a good bit of tower mania. So I figured I would ride this out and try and finish up another order or two.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Mar 14, 2017 7:16 am

starkat wrote:However, when sprinkling the year 9 cupcake orders, I'm getting a good bit of tower mania.

I noticed that too. So I did return yesterday to farm enough yellow cupcakes (ah, irony) to finish out my last Year 9 order this morning when I got the Rainbow cupcake from my daily reward.
Now I am officially done with the birthday event. The expansion comes out tomorrow and I am feeling pretty good about where I'm at Meteorite-wise (1,279!). Just need to grab a new Fort Rox treasure map and then get started. :)

ETA: Just noticed I'm 5 Para Para Dancer mice away from a silver crown, so I figured I'd try to grab that one and farm a few more potions so I have some for next year in case I need them.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Mar 15, 2017 8:50 am

24 hours later? *checks* yep. ;))

I got my Para Para silvered, but now I have to stare at the Breakdancer (97 catches) for the next year :P :))

Moving onto Rox. Got my treasure map, sent invites. Nothing tough on here, just requires a full run. Snagging the Miners first during the daylight and then I'll fire up the night. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 17, 2017 12:15 pm

I started a Fort Rox run while doing maps, and the mice beat my wall down to 35 before I made it past Pitch. I retreated, built the third Wall (which I finally had the supplies for) and I'm now farming meteorites for the wall and more Crescent cheese. I'm hoping this run goes better. I'd like to at least make it to Dawn before the Egg Hunt.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Mar 18, 2017 7:06 am

Plugging away through Fort Rox maps. Kind of fun to participate in lots of maps like this again. :)
It took me three or four maps, but I got one core and one console so I bought my first Portal Projector this morning along with three Sunrise Cheese. :)
I'm going to steal Gymmie's suggestion and just hang onto the stuff for the Egg Hunt, unless I get SO many supplies between now and then that I can go ahead and catch the final mouse early.
Farming Dawn Dust in the meantime. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Mar 19, 2017 1:53 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Plugging away through Fort Rox maps. Kind of fun to participate in lots of maps like this again. :)

I enjoy doing maps, and here, where we all do them with the same goal, I enjoy it even more. I got a core from my second map but nothing from the first or third - but I need to farm a lot more Dawn Dust anyway, so I'll just go through some more maps.

Keeping it for the SEH sounds like a good idea. But I also would catch the mouse early (and get the best Law trap) if I've farmed enough resources for two mice before that. I also find that there's a nice trickle of gold when hunting these mice - which will probably be needed later on ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

PreviousNext