This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Everyone wants to talk weather part 2

Postby GlimGlum » Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am

The temperature went all the way down to...80F/26.7C this morning. Had 2 days at 101F/38.3C this week. Will probably hit 100F/37.8C today.

The average daily low has been about 78F/25.6C for over 10 days now. Doesn't allow things to really cool off at all. Looking forward to the the Fall/Autumn weather. B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby stargazer » Sep 07, 2013 1:51 pm

That's just plain hot, GlimGlum, if you ask me. ;)) Kudos on handling it so well.

After a couple days of pleasant weather we're back into the hot and humid 90s again. It's a bit late for that, though the same happened last year around this time.

Autumn is coming indeed, Glimmie! Can't wait. Only 7 days till the start of the possible snow season. :)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby GlimGlum » Sep 07, 2013 4:00 pm

We did get a break today, Mr. gazer. After hitting 100F/37.8C early this afternoon, a monsoon-like thunderstorm hit with heavy rains and the temperature has dropped 18F degrees.

Only 82F/27.8C at the moment.

stargazer wrote:Autumn is coming indeed, Glimmie! Can't wait. Only 7 days till the start of the possible snow season. :)

Wow! Snow season could be that close for you. I'll bet a certain hobbity mod up in Canada can't wait for that white stuff to start falling sooner rather than later. ;)
GlimGlum

Postby Puddleglum » Sep 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Ah snow. That fabled state of water, which does coat the ground with it's thick blanket of wonderfully cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :ymhug:
Sorry folks, just mentally dozing after a loooooong day of overtime in a hot, and humid factory #:-s
Though, as stargazer has already mentioned, the season may well be upon those of us in the great planes of the mid-west. Looking at the weather channel and they call for highs in the mid sixties by late next week.
And guess what I'm doing then. Camping! Break out the winter gear!!!!
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » Sep 09, 2013 12:47 pm

stargazer wrote:Meanwhile, The Old Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder than usual winter for the US and Canada, using terms like 'piercing cold.' Meteorologists, however, tend to question their methodology and accuracy of their predictions.

Hurrah for the Farmers' Almanac! I tend to trust them more than the meteorologists. :)) Those farmers have proven themselves accurate so many times, from my experience.

*chuckles at the "snows later this summer" Freudian slip*
;))

Glim wrote:Looking forward to the the Fall/Autumn weather.

Whew, I bet you are, Glim! *dittos 'gazer on the kudos* B-) And glad to hear you received some rain. :)

Puddleglum wrote:And guess what I'm doing then. Camping! Break out the winter gear!!!!

If anyone can handle that, I do believe a Marshwiggle can. ;)

So, after a glorious 8C/46.4F early Monday morning, tomorrow will be rocketing up to a high of 34C/93.2F with a heat index of 42C/107.6F! :-o Thankfully, being September, this will be short-lived, with cooler, more seasonable temperatures greeting us by Thursday afternoon. Showers will begin to usher in this desired change late Wednesday.
johobbit

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 10, 2013 4:38 am

The almanac says that NE Ohio where Mansfield is will be mild and not very snowy, while it says that Central Ohio where Columbus is will be much colder and snowier than normal. Not quite sure what to make of that :P

We're in for a scorcher for the next three days. Highs for Today - Thursday are going to be in the mid nineties. . . . . ridiculous! Thankfully, the bottom will drop out, and the weekend is going to be nice and mild with highs in the low to mid sixties :D
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Sep 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Our cold front came through today. :D :D :D It was really quite lovely out (though I'm sure you northerners would still find it much too hot). Tomorrow's high is 82F with the overnight low of 61F. I'm toying with the idea of pitching a tent in the backyard tomorrow night for fun. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 12, 2013 6:38 pm

82 = Too Hot. . . . .

Tomorrow's expected high is in the low 60's!!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement over that!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby johobbit » Sep 17, 2013 10:21 am

Btw, beeeaaauuutiful owl sig, DiGs!

fantasia wrote:I'm toying with the idea of pitching a tent in the backyard tomorrow night for fun. :D

And did you? ;))

We have been bouncing around from a couple of humid days here and there to very cool temperatures. This morning it was 5C/41F, but in a couple of days the daytime temp will feel like 33C/91.4F with the heat index #:-s , but then dropping off quickly again with rain on Friday, leading to more seasonable temps on the weekend. Loving these current crisp mornings, though! I have been able to start getting out for my early morning walks again (which I forgo in the summer because of the heat). To wander under the night sky and see the Hunter dominating the vast darkness is awesome. I liken it to meeting an old friend after a time of being apart. (*)

The beginning blushes of colour are appearing on leaves of the earliest trees just the tiniest bit. I love the anticipation the forthcoming autumns offers. :x
johobbit

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Weather this weekend was just lovely. Overnight lows dipped down into the low forties, and highs never made it out of the sixties. Things are still nice and seasonable, and I will take them over sunny summer days any time, but my heart is yearning for the frosty mornings, the cloudy afternoons, the frigid nights where you see your breath.

*sigh*

Autumn cannot come more quickly!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Sep 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Today was kind of toasty again, although I didn't go out in the heat of the day and when I went out this evening it felt pretty good (to me ;) ). But tomorrow we have a cold front coming through in the middle of the afternoon that should include STORMS. :D :D :D Nothing major I don't think, but there's supposed to be quite a bit of rain. After that, we're going to have near perfect weather for a while (based on my own definition of perfect weather which is too hot for most of the rest of the people who post in this thread. ;)) ) Highs in the upper 70Fs and lower 80Fs! Woohoo!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 19, 2013 4:41 am

Sounds like Kansas is a more extreme version of Ohio right now ;)). It's been quite toasty here with afternoon highs reaching into the upper 70's and low 80's.

When I woke up this morning, the sky was pinkish red, so I'll be expecting foul weather of some sort to be moving in sometime today. It was quite pretty though, everything being bathed in that pinkish grey light *dreamy sigh*
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby starkat » Sep 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Classic Texas Gulf Coast Weather has FINALLY made an appearance!

Tropical Storm in the Pacific. Tropical moisture in the Gulf. And the first cold front of the season!

Can you say... rain? ;))

We are still very much in a drought, but not anywhere near as bad as 2011. This is the first time in a very long time that street flooding has begun to occur and traffic warnings are up for potential high water areas. It's supposed to rain through Sunday.

Oh and by "cold" front, I mean the temps will not be over 95F. We'll top out around 90F for the next four days. Hey, it may not actually be "cold", but it's a start on the end of summer.
starkat

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Sep 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Spring Down Under has been quite reasonable so far, despite a rather torrid start at the beginning of the month. Temperatures today are 8C (46F) to an expected 26C (78 degrees F). The weather report says we are in for a massive heatwave shortly as inland Australia heats up and redistributes the air currents in all directions. However, there hasn't been much rain to speak of. Time to break out the threepenny stamps to collect the raindrops. :D I wonder how New Zealand is doing, lately.

I hear that you are having terrible floods in Colorado, and the water is going to Nebraska, though I thought those two states are a good way apart from each other. Yet some of you seem to be in drought. Has anyone been affected by the floods, and how are they faring?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby coracle » Sep 22, 2013 12:02 am

We had a nice early spring in August! But of course it's been patchy, and right now we are having a lot of rain. I'm very glad to have got several of the flower beds and the vege garden dug over, but the lawn will be long by the time it's dry enough to mow.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby GlimGlum » Sep 22, 2013 8:27 am

We are finally cooling off down to 80F/26.7 or just below for the highs with the lows 62F/16.7C to 65F/18.3C. Much better than 95F/35C to 100F/38C day after day. B-) :D
GlimGlum

PreviousNext