This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby thephfactor1 » Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello everyone! I'm here because The Chronicles of Narnia has been one of my favorite book series for many years. While I've used Narniaweb in the past a news source, I haven't ever really done much on the forums. Here's to changing that and getting to know you guys better!

In addition to Narnia, some of my favorite things are:
Films :) (current favorite: Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai )
TV Shows (currently watching: Arrested Development, favorite overall: Game of Thrones)
Video Games (currently trying to finish Sleeping Dogs, and a bit of Minecraft)
Fantasy Books (just finished American Gods and the A Song of Ice and Fire books)
thephfactor1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 27, 2013 12:46 pm

It's great to have another fan thephfactor1! Welcome aboard! So glad to have you here.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby johobbit » Sep 27, 2013 12:55 pm

A hearty welcome from me too, thephfactor1. Hurrah for Narnia fans! :D Glad you moved from the news page to the forum. Explore around and feel free to ask any questions. :)

I must admit, I am curious about your username, aside from the obvious (ph balance and such).
;))
johobbit

Postby Tierza » Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

Oh, it's been a VERY long time since I've been here, so I think I'll jump in again. Be careful of the splash, please.

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Tierza, after my awesome cat who sadly left us last year.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): So happily married
4. Occupation: Government (soon to be furloughed :( )
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Came across it in the 2004-2005 time frame, right before the release of LWW.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I believe I was 8.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I'm on my 6th paperback set (the others fell apart from repeated reading), so...many times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I absolutely love film scores. My iPod is full of them. Anything by Hans Zimmer, John Williams, or John Barry is sure to be on my film score playlist.
Come to the edge, he said.
They said, We are afraid.
Come to the edge, he said.
They came.
He pushed them...and they flew.
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Tierza
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby johobbit » Oct 03, 2013 3:06 pm

*watches Tierza cannonball into the water* ;)) It's grand to see you here again! Welcome back. :D Although, I must admit, I do miss your adorable cat-licking-the-screen avatar! That was one of my favourites here. ;))
johobbit

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 24, 2013 2:04 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Impending Doom

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Sports Analyzer - So if you want to talk sports, I'm your man!

5 How you learned about NarniaWeb: It would of been around the time VDT came out and I was wanting to find some reviews from fans of the book, then I stumbled upon NarniaWeb. So I've been stalking the forums for a few years now :ymblushing: and I've finally decided to join.

6 How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Probably when I was around 12. Previously I had the books read to me by my Dad.

7.How many times have you read the Chronicles: At least 5 times, except The Silver Chair, I've read that one 10 times!

8 Favorite of the Chronicles: Its a coin toss between SC and HHB

9 Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I enjoy studying WWII, but mostly war-craft and weapons. I'm a total fan-boy when it comes to Narnia and LOTR/Hobbit and I'm incredible excited for the upcoming Hobbit movies. Some of my hobbies include; Filmmaking, coaching my nephew's basketball team, Photography, and Music! I have a secret passion for cooking :-$ ! Anything and everything (besides Men, Marchwiggles, and Talking Animals) My favourite dish to make and eat is Shepherd's Pie!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby David West » Nov 25, 2013 11:39 pm

1. Name: David West
2. King or Queen of Narnia: I'll go with "warrior" of Narnia... I don't like the government so being a king would be rather hypocritical of me. ;)
3. Family: Single
4. Occupation: Aspiring Filmmaker/Professional Anarchist
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Pretty sure I found my way over here from TheOneRing.Net back around 04/05.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My mom read them to me first... Probably 5 or 6.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: At least half a dozen, and I've listened to all the Focus on the Family Radio Dramas COUNTLESS times on road trips.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy, followed closely by The Last Battle.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm an aspiring filmmaker. I've made a handful of short films and am actively pursuing a career as a writer/director/cinematographer/editor. My dream is to direct The Horse and His Boy and The Last Battle someday. I love guns, own more than 25, and carry one at all times. I grew up 60 miles from a stoplight in a tiny mountain town with only 350 people. I love backpacking, hunting, and being out in the mountains.
Click here to watch the trailer!

The Pilgrim's Progress
A Feature Film by David Kirk West
Watch it FREE August 25th at PilgrimsProgressFilm.com!
David West
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Nov 26, 2013 11:20 am

An official Welcome to you both, Impending Doom and David West. I know you've both been posting since you joined, but it's nice to see your own personal highlights in this thread. :)

I am curious how you chose your username, Impending Doom. ;)) And a high-five to you, a fellow Canadian! :D

David West, since you're a Narnia book lover, I truly hope your dream comes true to someday direct The Horse and His Boy!
:D
johobbit

Postby Trusty » Jan 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi all, I'm Trusty, 22yo male, single, and a graduate student of international relations. I found NarniaWeb in 2006 (when I first joined as 'Servant Warrior') and fell inactive after about a year or so.

As with some of the other users, I was first read the Chronicles when I was a young boy - my mum had a big illustrated compilation of the books. I've since read most of the books for myself, with the exception of the Last Battle. I've been to C.S. Lewis' house in Oxford (The Kilns) out of fascination for him as an apologist (I'm Christian). I also stumbled across the opening beach scene in Prince Caspian a couple of days ago (holidaying in New Zealand)! It reminded me of this place.

Hm, my hobbies are mostly politics-related. I like reading (non-fiction mostly, The Economist, biographies etc), writing, history, international relations and astronomy.

I came back to NarniaWeb for a few reasons - I heard the Silver Chair is in production (massive surprise after hearing that the series had been completely dropped), and also, I remember how warm the community was here. I assume nothing has changed, albeit a down-sizing (but activity just comes and goes doesn't it).

Anyway, that's about it for now, hope to meet you all soon!
Trusty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jan 04, 2014 2:15 am

Hi Trusty, haere mai back to NarniaWeb! It's always a pleasure to welcome [back] fellow kiwis. (I'm in Christchurch)
Shall we start a grassroots movement to suggest they should return to filming here eh? :D
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Trusty » Jan 04, 2014 2:57 am

coracle wrote:Hi Trusty, haere mai back to NarniaWeb! It's always a pleasure to welcome [back] fellow kiwis. (I'm in Christchurch)
Shall we start a grassroots movement to suggest they should return to filming here eh? :D

Haha! Well I'm not actually kiwi, I'm Australian, but we're your "west island" apparently anyway haha so pretty close! ;) Beautiful country NZ is though, no wonder so many epics are filmed here.
Trusty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 04, 2014 8:20 am

Welcome back, Trusty! I too was shocked to hear that SC was going to be made, and I still don't know how I feel about it. If you want to express your uber-awesome-Autralianness, I'd head over to the Cultural Curiosities thread in Spare Oom. There, you'll meet waggawerewolf27 and IloveFauns, both of which are also from Australia ;)

Either way, welcome back!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby johobbit » Jan 04, 2014 9:22 am

Hey, Trusty, welcome back to the forum! How fun that you are from Australia. As DiGs mentioned, we have a few regular members from that great continent. Warrior 4 Jesus is another one.

It's very cool that seeing the actual PC beach scene was what reminded you of NarniaWeb. I do recall your former username—Servant Warrior—from the old forum. :) And how excellent you have been to the Kilns. 'Tis my dream someday ... :ymdaydream:

Pssst, there is an Astronomy topic in the Spare Oom. We'd love to see you there! (There is also a Space thread, in case that interests you as well. :) )

Good to have you here again!
johobbit

Postby Trusty » Jan 04, 2014 1:09 pm

johobbit wrote:[color=#800000]As DiGs mentioned, we have a few regular members from that great continent. Warrior 4 Jesus is another one.

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:There, you'll meet waggawerewolf27 and IloveFauns, both of which are also from Australia ;)

I do remember Warrior 4 Jesus being Australian, and a couple of others! I don't think I've met the ones you've mentioned yet, DiG.

But thank you both for the warm welcome. I'm surprised johobbit that you remember my previous username from that far back, though I do remember yours too. ;) Will be seeing you guys around I'm sure.
Trusty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Jan 04, 2014 6:26 pm

I think your name stood out so much because it is such a cool combination ... a leader with a servant-heart. :)
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Jan 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Welcome back, Trusty! I remember you from before as well.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext