This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby SummerSnow » Apr 29, 2018 1:43 pm

QueenLucyTheValiant15, sorry for my late response! The past couple weeks have been pretty crazy.

I really like Percy Jackson too! I've read some of the others series, but it's been a while. I remember them being pretty good though, especially the Warriors. :)

Yes, I like Doctor Who! I haven't watched the newest stuff, but I really do like a lot of the doctors.
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Woot, two valiant new members! :)

A belated welcome to you, QueenLucytheValiant15! :-h I see you've been enjoying exploring the forum already, but since you love reading and music, you may also enjoy the books thread and the music thread here in the Spare Oom. :)

And welcome to you as well, Valiant_Nymph! I like your username. It's true that the SC news cycle has been pretty slow lately, but some of the biggest stories in the past year were the interview with SC scriptwriter David Magee on the Talking Beasts podcast and the Q&A session with SC director Joe Johnston. If you haven't seen those articles, definitely check them out!

If either of you have any questions about the forum, feel free to ask! Have fun participating in the discussions. :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 04, 2018 4:40 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Woot, two valiant new members! :)

And welcome to you as well, Valiant_Nymph! I like your username. It's true that the SC news cycle has been pretty slow lately, but some of the biggest stories in the past year were the interview with SC scriptwriter David Magee on the Talking Beasts podcast and the Q&A session with SC director Joe Johnston. If you haven't seen those articles, definitely check them out!

If either of you have any questions about the forum, feel free to ask! Have fun participating in the discussions. :D

Thank you so much! I will look at those :)
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 05, 2018 7:23 am

Welcome back to NarniaWeb, Valiant_Nymph! :D
johobbit

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 05, 2018 8:21 pm

johobbit wrote:Welcome back to NarniaWeb, Valiant_Nymph! :D

Thanks so much!! :ymhug:
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleFriend » May 10, 2018 9:28 am

Hi, I'm new here to Narniaweb. I was looking for information on the Silver Chair when I stumbled across this website. This is so cool! I didn't know there were so mnay people who loved Narnia. Looking forward to chatting with all of you!!
JillPoleFriend
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 10, 2018 9:37 am

JillPoleFriend wrote:Hi, I'm new here to Narniaweb. I was looking for information on the Silver Chair when I stumbled across this website. This is so cool! I didn't know there were so mnay people who loved Narnia. Looking forward to chatting with all of you!!

Hi JillPoleFriend! Welcome to Narniaweb :) I have just recently come back myself. (I was on here with a different account -- but I couldn't recall the password for that account and had to make a new one).

I hope you enjoy it here. Seems Silver Chair news is a bit slow these days, but right now they say they will start filming in the winter. If that happens, I;m sure things will pick up as we approach the end of the year.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleFriend » May 10, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks so much Valiant Nymph! When did you join Narniaweb originally? And ohh that is great to know about filming. I really hope they do start this winter. Silver Chair is my favourite in the series (as you may guess from my screen name). :D
JillPoleFriend
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 10, 2018 9:49 am

JillPoleFriend wrote:Thanks so much Valiant Nymph! When did you join Narniaweb originally? And ohh that is great to know about filming. I really hope they do start this winter. Silver Chair is my favourite in the series (as you may guess from my screen name). :D

I joined a few months before VDT was released, I believe. It was quite busy on Narniaweb in those days! And Silver Chair is one of my favourites in the series as well! We have a Silver Chair reading group happening right now, in fact! Looking forward to discussing the book with you, if you decide to join in :)
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 10, 2018 9:57 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, JillPoleFriend . :D I see Valiant_Nymph has already made you very welcome. :)

Did you grow up with Narnia, JillPoleFriend, or did you come to it through the more recent movies?
johobbit

Postby JillPoleFriend » May 10, 2018 10:06 am

johobbit wrote:Welcome to NarniaWeb, JillPoleFriend . :D I see Valiant_Nymph has already made you very welcome. :)

Did you grow up with Narnia, JillPoleFriend, or did you come to it through the more recent movies?

Thanks so much JoHobbit! :ymhug:
My mom read me the stories when I was fairly young, and then we watched the DVD of the Lion the WItch and the Wardrobe. So I guess both at the same time!!
JillPoleFriend
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Mingxy » May 19, 2018 11:26 am

I got a message telling me about this page as a way to introduce yourself, so I thought I'd give it a go. :)
I wish I knew about this website sooner, can't believe I only found it yesterday!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): I'd like to go by my username here, Mingxy.

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): I'm single

4. Occupation: Currently I work at a place where mainly tourists visit. Can be very chaotic and hectic at times but it keeps me busy I'd say. :p

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was rewatching the BBC mini series, and looked up some images on Google, by getting sidetracked (per usual) I found this website!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Pfooh, ehm. I have no idea to be honest.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I wouldn't know either haha, I recently gotten myself the anniversary edition, one can't own /too/ many Narnia books, eh? :ymblushing:

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: That's really difficult, if I really have to choose it's a close call between VotD and the Silver Chair.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I really enjoy art and writing. I have a lot of hobbies, so I always say I cannot get bored that easily. :p I also like to read (obviously), play games, roleplay which is basically writing but with someone else, creating cosplays/armor, collecting lots of merchandise, figurines etc.
Safe to say I'm always short on money ahaha ^^
C.S. Lewis — 'Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia.'
Mingxy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Mingxy! :-h Glad you stumbled across our community! I've been meaning to watch the BBC series myself; I've seen bits and pieces, but never a whole film.

You might enjoy the writing thread and the books thread here in the Spare Oom, since you like writing and reading. And since you like roleplaying, I bet you'd like Ditto Town! That's the subforum for chat, writing, and roleplay.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy exploring the forum! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Welcome Mingxy! Nice to have you here :D Your occupation working with tourists sounds cool! How did you get into that line of work? :)

Silver Chair is one of my favs as well!
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 22, 2018 11:48 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Mingxy! :D
johobbit

Postby Mingxy » May 28, 2018 2:53 am

Valiant_Nymph wrote:Welcome Mingxy! Nice to have you here :D Your occupation working with tourists sounds cool! How did you get into that line of work? :)

Silver Chair is one of my favs as well!

I actually got into it because of a friend of mine; she worked there herself and they were still looking for people, and she urged me to apply. It's about 15 minutes away from my home as well so it's perfect, really. :) I'd say it all happened by accident, as I've never done an education for tourism or anything like that haha

I loved seeing the Silver Chair visualised, especially because it matched what I imagined while reading it so closely. :) I am honestly very much looking forward to the new Silver Chair movie that is supposedly in production

johobbit wrote:Welcome to NarniaWeb, Mingxy! :D

Thank you very much!

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Welcome to NarniaWeb, Mingxy! :-h Glad you stumbled across our community! I've been meaning to watch the BBC series myself; I've seen bits and pieces, but never a whole film.

You might enjoy the writing thread and the books thread here in the Spare Oom, since you like writing and reading. And since you like roleplaying, I bet you'd like Ditto Town! That's the subforum for chat, writing, and roleplay.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy exploring the forum! :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will definitely check those threads out - especially the one for roleplaying!

I'm still getting used to the whole forum format and navigating my way around, but I'm sure I'll manage. Especially with such a lovely community. ^^
C.S. Lewis — 'Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia.'
Mingxy
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext