This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

NaNoWriMo '12 - It's that time of the year again!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: NaNoWriMo '12 - It's that time of the year again!

Postby wild rose » Nov 24, 2012 1:17 am

I've finished one novel with 55k, now I'm working on finishing my second one, I'm so behind, but I will catch up, if it's the last thing I do, I will have 100k this November :p
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby MountainFireflower » Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm

I fell amazingly behind because I didn't write anything substantial for 5 days. And then by some miracle, I'm managing to catch up. I've gone from 31k to 43k in three days.

Looks like this year is another mad dash to the finish line. In 2009 I ended up writing 25k in a week, due to Orious' urging that I could still make it. (I credit her for inspiring me to finish.) This year, it isn't quite that drastic, but it's weird to be writing like a madman once again. I had hoped to stay more ahead than I did, but I fell behind because I'm having such major health issues. Honestly, I'm amazed that I'm still in the running at all.

But I think I'm going to win this thing. There's life in the old dog yet.

Still, looking at my stats and how they spiked randomly just cracks me up. :))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Nov 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Wow, 100k this month, wild rose! That's amazing! Good luck!

(I've barely reached 50k on the one measly story I'm writing ;)) - though if I do it right it could reach 100k before it's finished).

*cheers on Mountie* You can do it! You're writing at warp speed.

I was lazy and took a week off for Thanksgiving - at least as far as updating my word count. I did write quite a bit by hand, which will cause a similar spike in my word count as I type them into my story and try to get it validated before time runs out.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby wild rose » Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm

It's OVER, I can't believe, this November just flew by *rubs her sore wrists and fingers* I made it with 55k for one novel and 50k for the other, a total of 105k. I'm glad I was able to do it, even though I stayed up veeeery late for more than one night in order to make it. November has finished for me but I'm wishing you all the best who still have a few more hours to go :) *cheers for you*...and I'm off to bed (-| :p
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Narnian_Badger » Dec 01, 2012 9:43 am

wild, you are amazing. Congrats!! :ymparty:

I, too, completed NaNo--but only with 50.4K. :P Still a cracking good time. :D
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Congratulations, NaNo winners!
You've done a great job - you took the challenge, and you went through with it!

But even for someone who didn't win, anything you've written this November is an achievement. Perhaps you can still work on it and develop it further? Good luck with your writing!

*should continue that Ditto Story segment she started on the other week ...* B-)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Melian_Maia » Dec 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Whoa! Impressive stats everyone!! Congrats on winning. :)

I won NaNo as well...with just over 80k. I'm incredibly happy with my final WC, although I know that my novel is far from finished. ;))
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 13, 2012 5:30 am

I thought I'd pop in for a minute and post! I started out good on NaNo for the first two days. Then I hit a slump. I had a decent plot but not a great one and I didn't plan enough before NaNo. I finished the month with just over 7k. I'm disappointed but I was very very busy with wedding planning and school and general craziness so I don't feel too bad. Next year, I plan on competing again and actually winning!

Congrats to the winners!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SummerSnow » Dec 13, 2012 7:47 am

Congratulations, winners! :)
I ended NaNo with around 61K. I had fallen really behind, like 6 or 8K, but then tons of word wars helped me get back on track. I have to edit my novel some, then finish it, then edit again, which will make me busy until next NaNo. :)
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 25, 2012 1:01 am

I was just reading old posts and I found this old one by Lia, before all the craziness began...

Melian_Maia wrote:I really want to do this, so will probably find a way to get some writing in, but I doubt I'll be finishing this year. :|

:)) Lia, you? The girl who finished on day 16 and ended the month with 80k?

=)) Excuse me while I collapse onto the floor in a fit of laughter, after which I will then sit up, in awe of your miracle-working abilities. XD

Also, I just want to say that another in our ranks deserves high praise and celebration. Our dear malkah did an insane amount of catching up in the last few days--she was my ketchup buddy. ;)) She was behind by about 23k and managed to pull it together in order to win NaNo! Efforts like this should not be ignored. B-) Mal, you win all the awards. ;)) Applause! :ymapplause:
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Melian_Maia » Dec 26, 2012 1:34 pm

MountainFireflower wrote:I was just reading old posts and I found this old one by Lia, before all the craziness began...

Melian_Maia wrote:I really want to do this, so will probably find a way to get some writing in, but I doubt I'll be finishing this year. :|

:)) Lia, you? The girl who finished on day 16 and ended the month with 80k?

=)) Excuse me while I collapse onto the floor in a fit of laughter, after which I will then sit up, in awe of your miracle-working abilities. XD

Oh shush. >.>
I'm terribly behind in chemistry because of NaNo. It was very worth it, though. :P
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous