This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Pets Blog!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Pets Blog!!!

Postby Miss Rosario » Jul 22, 2012 9:18 am

Sasha actually didn't chase Sofie. She's very good with cats - her downfall is that she thinks all cats will be good with her. But after a good swat from Sofie, she learned her lesson. ;))

Sofie hasn't been behaving as badly as I thought she would, though. What a relief. :D

Here are some pictures of Sasha:

http://postimage.org/image/u300cleo7/

Learning to sit:
http://postimage.org/image/bvrxpxqel/

And getting the treat afterward!
http://postimage.org/image/ks36deavl/

http://postimage.org/image/wh6phu7zh/

And, for good measure, here is a picture of Sofie upon seeing Sasha :p :

http://postimage.org/image/tqcxggyup/
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby wild rose » Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm

awwwww, wuv, wuv, wuv Sasha, she's such a cute sweetheat. Her lopsided ear is adowable :D
Poor Sasha, Sofie sounds like she has quite a character :) she's a really beautiful cat :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wild rose » Jul 31, 2012 11:33 am

double post, but it's been a long time :)
the boy guniea pigs will be leaving on Saturday/Sunday, as their masters have come back from vacation :(( :(( I wish I could keep them forever, I've grown so fond of both of them :((

My brother-in-law stumbled upon a red-eared slider today while in the park. We're guessing he probably has a master, but we don't know if we'll be able to find him. For now he's living with the rest of the pets in the drawing room. I pulled out my old equipment from my turtles, the problem is, this one is pretty big, so he don't exactly fit in the aquarium, I'm not sure what we are going to do if we don't find his owner, cause if we want to keep him, we'll have to get him decent living quarters, and their not so cheap, taking care of red-eared sliders is quite a handfull as well. But he (at least I think it's a he :p ) is really sweet. I'm so torn at the moment, part of me hopes we will find his master, part of me wants to keep him
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Shantih » Aug 02, 2012 10:04 am

Aw :( We looked after my cousins hamster last week, he's gone home now and I miss having him around! He was the biggest hamster I've ever seen, almost as big as a rat, but very friendly.

I got a pair of gerbils today :D I've kept all sorts of rodents but gerbils are my favourite, I like how industrious and cheeky they are.
I've tried to get photos of them, but they're still hyperactive after the excitement of moving house so they're quite blurry.

This is Jon Snow -

(with a sleeping Starbuck in the background)

and Starbuck -

I haven't held them yet, I'm going to leave them for a day to settle in, but they come over to the bars when you talk to them and don't seem at all fazed. They've already destroyed three toilet rolls tubes and a paper bag, as well as ripping up some toilet paper ;))
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.
Shantih
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wild rose » Aug 03, 2012 12:48 am

D'awww Jon Snow and Starbuck look so sweet :)

Shantih wrote:They've already destroyed three toilet rolls tubes and a paper bag, as well as ripping up some toilet paper ;))

;)) ;))

I've named the turtle Charles and he's still living with us for now. We still haven't found the owner, but I printed notices today and will glue them in the park with my mom. If we won't be able to find the owner, I don't know what we are going to do. I really want to keep him, but it doesn't seem like an option at my home....
I'll guess I'll just have to take it one day at a time
here's a picture of him

Edit: we found Charlie's owners :) :(( I should be happy, but I am really going to miss my dear turtle (okay he wasn't mine, but whatever)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wolfloversk » Aug 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Poor Whitey is sick... we got back from the vet's earlier today and she seems to have an URI (Upper Respitory Infection). I gave her a shot of antibiotics then gave us more to take home. I just hope her brother doesn't get it. We were already at the vet's two days ago with a sick deer that was sent to a rehab facility... but that's another story :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Aug 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Wolfie! Out of curiosity, what was the shot, and with what antibiotics did they send poor Whitey home [/vetstudentrambles]. I'll say a prayer for him :ymhug:

wild rose, did Charlie's owner come to pick him up yet?

A funny thing happened with Skittles last night. During the summer months, I sleep in our family room, because it's one of the few rooms in our house that has air conditioning. I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to our computer desk. Well, Skittle's food dish is on that desk and last night, while I was trying to sleep, she nudged it over the edge, and covered me with cat food. . . . . . . . . . . . that was pleasant ;))
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wild rose » Aug 08, 2012 6:36 am

yes, Charlie's owners picked him up. It turns out he lived in the office of the supermarket that's not very far from our home. I have no idea how he managed to escape from there and get into the park :-\
My friend also came and took her guinea pigs so now I've only got my Lucy and the birds left.....I really miss Charlie though :(
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wolfloversk » Aug 11, 2012 9:22 am

@Digs I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea... I think mom finished the bottle already.

Whatever it was- it worked. She's back to her old self :) In fact she's laying right next to me waiting for the thunder to pass :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Aug 11, 2012 9:26 am

I'm glad that Whitey is doing much better, wolf!

I'm getting really bummed that I'm not allowed to have any pets in my new apartment in Columbus. The only thing you're allowed to have is a fish, and I have no desire to have one of those ;)). I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have small mammals like hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, or hedgehogs.

I'm going to miss my pets so very much :(
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby starkat » Aug 21, 2012 8:26 am

I introduced my cat and my dog to tuna.

Cat - "Hmmm... what is this? Oooo fresh meat!"

Dog - "I know I smelled you giving the cat this. Where's mine? Oh! Thank you! *inhale* More?"

;))

The weather's starting to shift to where the bulk of the heat is after 10ish in the morning. If we get another morning like this where it stays below 85 and moderate humidity, I'm going to take my dog to the dog park. It's been awhile since we've been there. She's roughly 12 years old and solid black. So she really doesn't do well in the heat and when we get there she tends to run around like she's 4 or 5. So she easily overdoes it within about 10 -15 minutes when the heat and humidity are summer high.

Rev does soooooooooo much better out there then she does on walking on concrete. The best theory (and I'm pretty sure it's fact not theory) that I can come up with is that she does far better on the natural surface then on the road. So I much prefer to take her over there for a change of scenery.
starkat

Postby wolfloversk » Aug 21, 2012 12:32 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote: I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have small mammals like hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, or hedgehogs.

Well rabbits I can understand as they're more of an in between... They require more out of cage exercise, and they require more cleaning than rodents do. Take in from a rabbit owner, they wouldn't make the best apartment pet ;) I don't see why most rodents aren't allowed though... maybe your landlord just doesn't like the idea of little critters in the house :P

We have a new addition :P A kitten came around our house a couple days ago... and it's been following Whitey around constantly... If we get it tamed down and if we don't find an owner we'll probably keep it cuz dad grew attached (it's a good thing we have lots of space :P We're starting to grow a zoo with all these backyard visitors...

Dad's decided it's name is Little One... but it isn't going to stay little for very long.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Aug 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I think landlords just don't like the idea of pets, because while most normal people are pretty good at cleaning and taking care of their pets, there are those crazy people who let the cat litter go weeks, or let their dog scratch up the floor, or something. I think smell is a big part of it.

Thankfully I can have my ferret in my apartment...and my roommate is getting a cat soon!
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby wild rose » Aug 30, 2012 9:47 am

My grandma was adopted by a cat recently and she brought her a suprise gift, two little kittens :) the kittens have grown up now and we are trying to find homes for them (and for the cat as well) so far we haven't had any luck, but we've put up notices in the pet store near my grandma's home and on the internet and hopefully someone will decide to take them in.
some pictures:
black kitten with his mama :)
grey kitten exploring (this little girl has got quite a personality :) )
two of them sleeping together :)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lady Haleth » Aug 30, 2012 11:18 am

Awww, kittens are so cute! :)
(But my mom and my sister are allergic, and we have four dogs.)
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslanisthebest » Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Wrose, those kitties are so cute! Awww! They're both so beautiful. :D I hope you can find homes for them!
How old are they? :)

*melts at the last picture*
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext