This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby shastastwin » Apr 07, 2014 6:53 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:I went back and looked at my spreadsheet and the Wiki and realized that the Washboard Base is a good deal better than the Rift Base when used in the Toxic Spill; and there are no overlapping crafting materials with the Polluted Base, so I'll be working towards both of those bases next. For the Washboard Base, I have 143/400 Soapy Suds so I have a long ways to go.

How is everybody else coming along?

I think I looted one Canister Ring at the start of the spill, and I know I got the second Theme Scrap. I haven't had much luck with the special loot in any of the spills, but here's hoping for another Ring or some fancy blueprints before long. I have 93/400 Suds toward the Washboard Base, but I haven't been utilizing my Rotten/Super Rotten charms as much as I suppose I could. If I can get the blueprints and the last canister ring, I'll be able to craft the Scum Scrubber. :) I don't think anyone's figured out the Polluted Base formula yet, and the requirement for unlocking it is a while away for most people: Capture 100 Bog Beast mice.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Apr 07, 2014 7:07 am

shastastwin wrote:If I can get the blueprints and the last canister ring, I'll be able to craft the Scum Scrubber. :)
Check the stats on it to make sure you want to craft that. It's not a very good trap imho. I think it's for the lower level Hero players.
shastastwin wrote:I don't think anyone's figured out the Polluted Base formula yet, and the requirement for unlocking it is a while away for most people: Capture 100 Bog Beast mice.
I have 43. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 08, 2014 4:40 am

I'm gonna kick myself for doing this probably, but I'm going to go ahead and buy the Crystal Tower (the rift trap) before our tournament starts today. I will probably regret this when Ronza comes. After purchasing it, I'll still have over 20 million in gold, but still. . .
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 11, 2014 9:53 am

Well, *that* Spill was fairly underwhelming for me. :p Started in Countess so I didn't get to try out my new Duchess powers on it, only ended up with 5/8 Canister rings so no Large Barrel, etc. Meh.

I was able to nab the Bionic Mouse in the Meadow during the Spill, though, so I'm sitting on a M400 for Easter. Headed into the Seasonal Garden to charge my amplifier, then I'm going to the Warpath or Cove. Probably won't have time to get all my stuff done (I'm guessing the event starts on Monday?), but I'll put a dent in it.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Apr 11, 2014 11:02 am

My toxic spill run wasn't as impressive as my previous one, but I was still pleased with it. I was particularly happy that I got my Large Waste Barrel. And then I spent a fair amount of time farming soapy suds (total 221). I used up every single piece of Stale SB+ so I'm hoping more show up as daily gifts between now and the next spill. :P ;)) But the funniest moment was when I was on my second-to-last Super Rotten Charm and the POWN skin blueprints dropped. Ha! I'll craft those once I'm done with my Washboard Base. ;) So the only blueprints I haven't gotten at all are the OWN skin blueprints and I don't care one bit about those.

@Gymmie, yeah, I'm anticipating the Easter event starting Monday or Tuesday as well. Hope so anyways. I'm ready for my favorite event of the year. :D
I'm doing really well on my Easter to-do list. I still need to max out my Tower amplifier, but I'm at 140% so even if the event starts before I get to it, it won't take that long to finish up.
I'm stealing Gymmie's idea of getting mid-way through Wave 3 of the Warpath, so that's what I'm working on right now. After that... probably farm a couple more Gauntlet potions and then just hang out in the Rift.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 11, 2014 1:48 pm

I decided I needed more physical power.
So I spent some time in MM, rebuilt General Store and Trapsmith - and then I bought the Sandtail Sentinel. It's the minimum I need in the Rift, the Sphynx was mostly getting red and grey boxes :P

I'm in less of a rush to rebuild the other shops, but the Cartographer is the next priority because of the LG key.

In the Spill I got the OWN skin blueprints, and I'm going to craft those, but I'll do the Washboard Base first, as I got the Base blueprints as one of the last loots before the Spill closed.

I spent far too much soapy spuds on Soap charms - I need the charms for my catch rate, but I hadn't realised how much of the spuds I need for crafting trap, base, and skins! I'm saving them now, but I only have 37 soapy spuds - it will take me a long time to gather enough.

2 Canister rings, so no Medium barrel yet. But 4 new mice (I even bronzed one of them) at Count level, which I entered for the first time. That's where I used the Soap charms.

Egg Hunt next week makes sense! I hope Charge egg cycling can be done more passively this year. For me as a Knight last year it was a great source of gold - this year the gold will be less important, but some SB+ would be great :) And I really enjoyed running around hunting all the different eggs as well, although I expect to farm some MM eggs this year.

I'm looking forward to a great event!
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 11, 2014 4:05 pm

I became a Countess a couple days ago. :)

Right now I'm just farming gold so that I have as much as possible when Ronza comes. I have almost 45 million at the moment.

Is it possible that Ronza will come during Easter so that it's a dual event?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 12, 2014 11:13 am

Congratulations on becoming a Countess! :ymapplause:

And you have a lovely stash of gold there as well. It would be good if Ronza turned up soon so we could do business with her and go back to our normal game progress.

I guess it's possible that she might come at Easter. Last year it was a dual event with the Birthday, wasn't it? So it could be a different dual event this year. I have just over 31 million - I hope it will be enough ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Apr 15, 2014 7:23 am

Congrats on Countess Ithilwen! :)

I sure hope Easter starts in the very near future. I am kind of trapped on what I can do as just about every area is on hold until I know for sure that there will or won't be eggs I need to worry about. I've kind of defaulted to the Rift because I level fast there and I'm gathering supplies in case I need them for the next Rift expansion, but it's not exactly the best location for gold. Maybe I'll do some trains or something.

@Varna, yeah, I'm also wondering if Ronza will be tied in with the egg hunting event this year.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 15, 2014 7:53 am

Fantasia, I'm all for doing trains! Send me an invite if you see one on which you want to hop.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 15, 2014 9:07 am

The Easter event has finally started. :D

I have almost 200 Marshmallow Monterey left over from last year, so I'm currently hunting with that.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY Easter! :D :D :D

So here's a list of all my uncaught eggs by area; posting this year so I can organize it in my mind, haha.

Acolyte Realm/Forbidden Grove
Gate Guardian Egg

Bazaar
Crown Collector Egg (Did not have enough Crowns for him last year)

Claw Shot City
Wanted Poster Egg (Have a Sheriff charm; forget if it increases attraction or not)

Fiery Warpath
Gargantua Egg (!!! Will need to finish this current run before trying with SB+ + Super charms in W1)

Gnawnia Rift
Mighty Mole Egg
Gnawnia Rift Egg

Iceburg
Icewing's General Egg (will catch on current run)
Living Salt Egg (hopefully will get lucky on current run, otherwise will probably do a Deep run as it is faster)

Living Garden
Thistle Egg
Living Garden Egg
Twisted Lilly Egg

Muridae Market
Mage Weaver Egg (use Artisans)

Toxic Spill
Toxic Spill Egg
Clean Egg (Super Rotten in lower levels?)

Dojo
Assassin Egg (will just have to grit it out, lol)

Gnawnian Express Station
Gnawnian Express Egg
Crate Egg
Sharpshooter Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg (lots of charms for him saved up)

King's Gauntlet
Valor Egg
Gauntlet Magic Egg
Eclipse Egg (yay, finally!)

Lost City
Ethreal Librarian Egg
Cursed Librarian Egg
Corrupt Egg
Essence Guardian Egg

Pinnacle Chamber
Master of the Dojo Egg (easy peasy)

Sand Dunes
Quesodillo Egg
Sarcophamouse Egg

Slushy Shoreline
Slushy Shoreline Egg

Zugzwang's Tower
Technic King Egg
Mystic King Egg
(Double run with Chessmaster)

Non-Location Eggs
M400 Egg (Dracano; all ready to catch!)
Lucky Egg (Luck event coming soon I guess?)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks for the tip on Pinging the Eggscavator Gymmie, that was most helpful. :)

So lets see what I need here...

~Mystic King Egg 4/16
~Technic King Egg 4/16
~M400 Egg 4/15
~Icewing's Generals Egg 4/17
~Living Salt Egg 4/15
~Slushy Shoreline Egg 4/16
~Mojo Egg 4/15
~Gate Guardian Egg
~Wanted Poster Egg
~Gnawnian Express Egg 4/16
~Crate Egg 4/16
~Sharpshooter Egg 4/17
~Magmatic Golem Egg 4/17
~Mighty Mole Egg
~Gnawnia Rift Egg
~Gargantua Egg
~Essence Guardian Egg
~Mage Weaver Egg
~Lucky Egg
~Low Charge Egg
~Medium Charge Egg
~High Charge Egg
~Toxic Spill Egg
~Clean Egg

Thus far I've been really lucky with Egg drops *knock on wood*. I only need the Stripy Red and Friendly Eggs (and the Gift Egg, but I have a lot of those waiting in the wings when gifts roll over). I haven't gotten any of the new mice yet, but I've been using Marshmallow Monterey and I don't think it attracts them.

The mobile site is not working for me at all. I don't know what's wrong. I can log in, but as soon as I try to do anything, it logs me out. I glanced on the forum earlier today and didn't see that anyone else is having this problem so it may be me and I'm gonna have to figure out what to do.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Try restarting your app, or doing a cold boot on your phone to sort of clear it out. Your app may be stuck in a cookie bug or something.

I guess the General egg drops from ANY general, not just the ones in Icewing's Lair, so I may just try and tank the rest of my run so I can get some Living Salt guaranteed towards the end. Don't need any Iceburg loot so I'm not even concerned about missing Icewing.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I actually did both of those things as well as clearing the cache and cookies on the phone with no luck. I did finally get it to work by signing in via FB which I really don't like doing. (Stalkerbook :S ) I'll try again later via the regular sign in to see if it's fixed.

I got the two new non-Golden egg mice (yay!). I had taken a break from egg farming to snag them cause I had a feeling if I didn't catch them right away the call of the egg hunting might be too great and I'd skip them. :P Just the Red Stripey Egg and Golden Egg to go! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 16, 2014 2:09 am

My uncaught eggs:

Acolyte Realm
Gate Guardian Egg
Chrono Egg

Claw Shot City
Wanted Poster Egg

Fiery Warpath
Warpath Egg
Gargantua Egg

Gnawnia Rift
Mighty Mole Egg
Gnawnia Rift Egg

Iceberg
Iceberg Egg
Icewing's Generals Egg
Drheller Egg
Icewing Egg
Living Salt Egg
Deep Egg

Muridae Market
Muridae Egg
Mage Weaver Egg
Desert Nomad Egg

Slushy Shoreline
Iceberg Egg
Slushy Shoreline Egg

Zugzwang's Tower
Technic King Egg
Zugzwang's Egg
Mystic King Egg

Crystal Library
Pocketwatch Egg
Crystal Library Egg
Aether Egg
Crown Collector Egg

Bazaar
Crown Collector Egg

S.S. Huntington III
Crown Collector Egg

Tournament Hall
Crown Collector Egg

Forbidden Grove
Gate Guardian Egg

Gnawnian Express Station
Gnawnian Express Egg
Crate Egg
Sharpshooter Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg

King's Gauntlet
Eclipse Egg

Toxic Spill
Toxic Spill Egg
Clean Egg

I've been to SG and got the Seasonal Garden Egg, and I've got the new Mojo egg.
I've caught the new event mice, and I've caught my very first Reaper in the event area!

I'll pick up as many different new eggs as I can do without much trouble - then I'll choose some with good loot and get more of those. I cannot get a complete collection anyway, as I don't expect to go to Living Garden and get any LG eggs.

Last year the charge egg cycle was important because you could get enough MM cheese from the Medium charge eggs to keep the cycle going. This year that has been changed, and you probably have to farm MM at the factory (or buy it for dollars) to have enough for the charms you need for the cycle.

I guess I'll do some cycling, I want some of those High Charge Eggs (they might even have trap skins), but I won't spend as much time on monitoring the charm switching as I did last year.
Varnafinde

PreviousNext