This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

April Fools: A New Age Begins

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

April Fools: A New Age Begins

Postby starkat » Mar 31, 2012 5:47 am

With the passing of the old, a new age begins. From fauns and lions to wizards and hobbits, we here at NarniaWeb have decided upon a change. “The Hobbit” movie begins its release this December and with Narnia movies being a few years off it is time for a new day here in our humble home.

One of the first things you will notice is the forum makeover. Board names will be changed and the different moderators names have been removed while we shuffle moderators around. The moderators will be changing their names to something Hobbit or Lord of the Rings related in honor of the new theme. For a full site switchover, it will take quite a bit of time so we have started with the forums first. Even though the moderators names have been removed from their boards, we are still watching to make certain all rules are enforced. Just call us sheriffs instead.

Due to the increased traffic the head sheriffs are expecting, we have decided to open up the process to applications. You must be a member of our forums. You must have been a member here for at least 3 days as well as not broken any of our rules or at the least apologized if you have broken rules. Members if you would like to join the sheriffs, please submit your application here.

We are not going to do away with NarniaWeb’s history. None of the old posts will be deleted, but you will see many new Tolkien themed threads being opened. Remember it will take time for a full switchover, so do not be surprised to see the website url stay the same for some time to come.

So pull up a bench and swap some stories. Allow me to introduce you all to the new Hobbit Web!
starkat

Re: A New Age Begins

Postby Mother Rose » Mar 31, 2012 8:43 am

Hi everyone on NARNIAWEB (those of you that are still here). Or should I say, "Goodbye?" I haven't been a member of NarniaWeb for very long, but I have really enjoyed being a part of it as I love C.S. Lewis so very much. Meaning no disrespect to Tolkien, I just don't know anything about his work, only that I've seen the movie adaptations of his books. I felt a special connection to NarniaWeb because of the stance C.S. Lewis took for God, but with this no longer being the case, I am bidding you all farewell. It has been so wonderful getting to know all of you, and I will miss you all greatly :(
The most beautiful rose, blooms amidst thorns.
Mother Rose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Mar 31, 2012 8:47 am

Oh dear! You two must be pretty flighty people to be abandoning NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb so willy-nilly. I don't think we want such flighty mods on our staff, ramagut, so I suppose a "good riddance" is in order [-x

And Mother Rose! You only have 7 posts! How on earth could you have such an emotional attachment to this site!?

I think both of you are missing out on a wonderful opportunity! Either way. . . you'll be missed.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Mother Rose » Mar 31, 2012 8:53 am

HOW RUDE! I may have only had a few posts, but I gleaned a lot of joy from navigating through NarniaWeb, and speaking with so many nice people. YOU on the other hand, I've only just chatted with, and find you obnoxious! This will be my last and final post! You would think that this new HobbitWeb would have screened out people like you!!!

Long live ASLAN!!!!
The most beautiful rose, blooms amidst thorns.
Mother Rose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Please don't call a moderator names! It only makes you look FOOLish. I just think that you guys are missing out on a wonderful opportunity! The people are all the same, the names are just a bit different.

If only you gave Tolkien a chance, I think you'd LOVE HobbitWeb. You should fill out an application to become a moderator! Your fiesty nature would fit right in around here!!!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby stargazer » Mar 31, 2012 9:20 am

Now, now, you two. Please, I'm only young and have joined because of the exciting new venture on this forum. Keep your words kid-friendly. I and my 12 siblings (the other Gamgee halflings) will thank you.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby ramagut » Mar 31, 2012 9:33 am

I'm rather old and new at this moderationing or whatever it's called. It's a hard business. I wouldn't suggest it! I don't know how long I'll be able to handle it...
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 31, 2012 10:02 am

Well... that's that.

I came to notify you that a certain wolf will no longer be found around the forum... Not because of this forum switch, but because we have finally taken over her account, and arrested her. And sorry no visiting rights. She is on our red list.

The Battle is Over... Beware, because the Gremlins have won!

~The Gremlin King
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Mar 31, 2012 10:41 am

Leah Betts wrote:Wheres Aslan when you want him?

He's been sold to the Shire's equivalent of Barnum and Bailey circus, where he will wear a pink tutu, and balance on a giant basketball for treats.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 31, 2012 10:47 am

Beorn wrote:He's been sold to the Shire's equivalent of Barnum and Bailey circus, where he will wear a pink tutu, and balance on a giant basketball for treats.

Ah, so that's why we couldn't find him... *makes a note in the to catch list*

-Head of the Gremlins' Lion-catching warriors
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby AstroWolfD » Mar 31, 2012 10:50 am

Oh no, they got wolf! What do the Gremlins have against wolves? I'm going to attempt to go res

ATTENTION:
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED FOR FAILURE TO FOLLOW REGULATION 050112

- :ymdevil: HIS EVILNESS, THE GREMLIN KING :ymdevil:
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby ramagut » Mar 31, 2012 10:52 am

Leah Betts wrote:Will it still be OK to talk about Narnia or do we have to go to another forum

We will still have a thread open to talk about Narnia. And it will take some time to make all the changes, so you should hang around for a while.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 10:57 am

I can't say I'm surprised. Everyone knows that Lord of the Rings (especially the dwarves) are far superior to Narnia. The only thing I'm shocked about is that this forum switchover didn't happen sooner.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am

Well when it was a wolf that has lead a small band of warriors and messed up some of your plans... you can't be too careful with the rest. As such the Council has decided we needed to act accordingly.

~Head of the Gremlin Council
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Oh my! :-o This is all quite interesting and exciting, but. . .

Um. . . well, you see. . . . :-s

Er, what do you do if. . . ? :-\

*Blushes and hides being a curtain of rose-twined hair, timidly murmuring something along lines of, "What happens if you haven't read any of the books or seen any of the movies related to Tolkien's wonderful world?" :ymblushing:*

There. I said it. Image

*Prepares for scandalized gasps, and wonders if there is a position open as a clown in the Shire's version of Barnum and Bailey circus* :-ss
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 12:26 pm

*scandalized gasp*

Of course we have a circus, and you're welcome to join anytime you wish.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Next