This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Pranks

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Pranks

Postby Amat » Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm

This was on the old narniaweb and I'm not sure who posted it, so I don't take credit for it. What pranks have yall played on people?

I'll start, however many days ago, my sister was in her room, watching a movie she had rented. Me and my parents were in the kitchen. Mom dared me. I went outside to the wall of her room, in the dark, and scratched on it with a flashlight.
She came out and went to the kitchen, so I went to those some of those windows. It worked. After I came in Mom said she was scared. That was fun. =))
I'm glad I didn't scare myself in the effort.
"Famous folks" prayer request, now on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=356574486073
Amat
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Pranks

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Oct 15, 2009 7:24 pm

lol, I think I might have started this...I cant remember... but anyways...

Yesterday I got a free $100 cuz I bet my friend it could get below 100 degrees Fahrenheit in He**, I then showed him the weather report for Hell, Michigan. It was 43. Ive never laughed harder in my life. 8-}
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Hathaway Standalone » Oct 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I had heard that some Youth group kids and leaders moved the church van and told another Youth leader that it had been stolen. I borrowed the idea and tried it a couple years later. Unfortunately, my Youth leader figured it out pretty soon. Not cool.

(BTW, love Black or White, A_J. I'm actually wearing an I <3 MJ shirt right now. ;) )
This is your start/This is your heart/This is the place you were born
This is your sun/These are your lungs/This is the place you were born
And I am always, always, always/Yours

Av>flambeau
Hathaway Standalone
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby winterlife » Oct 15, 2009 10:15 pm

A friend and I put a whole bunch of one dollar bills in envelopes and left them with a note in youth group as Christmas presents for everybody. I wrote the note, but I disguised my handwriting. That was two years ago, and the only person who figured it out was her sister (well, we kind of told her).
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Silvertongue » Oct 16, 2009 6:01 am

I put a huge, stuffed monkey into my co-worker's desk cabinet, so that in the morning when she was tired, and opening up for work, she'd get a surprise. My only regret? Not being there when she opened the cabinet. :D

This wasn't on purpose, but it made for a huge laugh...I accidentally put cumin instead of cinnamon in my little sister's oatmeal. Her face was priceless.
Image Image Image
Silvertongue
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am

I'm the friend who helped out winerlife.

Winterlife also put a note to our youthgroup on top of a huge note pad that hangs on the wall. That was three or four weeks ago and no one has discovered it yet even though it says "To youthgroup" on the front.

I also helped winterlife figure out what to use as a phrase in Narnian hangman. It killed me not to guess what it was with no letters in it.

I tried to electrocute a door knob once. It was when I was really little so I didn't realize that a six volt lantern battery doesn't have enough juice. I was so dissapointed.

I smeared dish soap all over door handles and caught two sisters on the same door handle. They got mad.

My little sister heard about me doing that (the soap trick) and decided to repeat it using bag balm. She smeared a ton of bag balm all the light switch and the floor in the bathroom and the light switch in our little brother's room. My sister smelled it before stepping into the bathroom and made her clean it up but she said it'd be ok to leave it on the switch in our brother's room because it would be funny.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby winterlife » Oct 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Jake (our youth group leader) found the paper and threw it away because "it was just a piece of junk." It had the recipe for happiness written on it! X( :(
I came up with a new prank today, but I haven't tried it yet. If you open a can of Sprite or 7-Up, and let it go flat, it looks just like water. :ymsmug:
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ValiantArcher » Oct 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Ooh, winterlife, that reminds me of something we did once, years ago. ;)) We took some Sprite and took off the labels and put some food colouring in the bottles---I think we had one orange and one brown or purple...I can't quite remember. And then we took them to youth group. I think a few people figured it out that it was just plain Sprite, but some people thought it was different types of pop, like Dr. Pepper and Cherry Cola. ;)) It's amazing how much sight can affect your perceptions. ;))
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby winterlife » Oct 16, 2009 2:40 pm

I keep asking my mom to let me play a certain prank in youth group, but she won't let me. I want to use banana to make a fake guacamole (I have no spellcheck, bear with me) and take it with chips for a snack. :ymdevil:
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby aslansothername » Oct 16, 2009 6:08 pm

When I was younger, my brothers and I had a rubber mouse toy. So one day my older brother Aaron decides to have some fun with it. My mom was grading papers, and Aaron sneaked up under the table, and put the mouse on my mom's foot. Mom looked down, saw the "mouse" and screamed like the house was on fire!!!!! =)) =)) The only problem though, is when you pull a prank on your parents, they can punish you for it. ;)
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Amat » Oct 17, 2009 9:30 am

I wish I had yall's skill, I'm not the best at pulling pranks. Though, I'm proud of my last one. :D My mom doesn't usually punish me for my pranks, if they're done in good humor and don't cause a lot of trouble. She dared me on the last one. =))
This is coming from someone who got her little sister to eat mud. =))
"Famous folks" prayer request, now on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=356574486073
Amat
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby WinterStar » Oct 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Some of these pranks are hilarious, guys! (Gals? Both?) Anyhow...

Last summer our youth group was staying at a couple's house for a week to help with our church plant VBS. And one morning we got up early and switched all the bags of cereal up so the Chex were in the shredded wheat box, and so on. We didn't get many people but the look on one girl's face when she poured her Corn Chex and got shredded wheats was HILARIOUS. She poured about half a bowl before she realized.

Not the best prank, but still it was fun. :D
"I'm genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow!"
Avi & Sig by ValiantArcher
WinterStar
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wisewoman » Oct 18, 2009 10:45 am

After reading this thread, I just want to say that I love you guys but I am glad I do not live with you ;))
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby Shadowlander » Oct 18, 2009 3:16 pm

When I was in Air Force technical school we had a ton of pranks we'd play on each other a lot. The most popular was to "penny lock" someone's door shut. This involved trapping the person inside by using about 5-6 pennies. One person would push (very quietly) on the door and the other would begin to jam pennies in between the door and the jam. If it's done correctly the person inside will not be able to get out of their room. We had one guy who ended up having to climb out of his window. =))

Then of course the more juvenile among us (like me) would love shortsheeting someone's bed. This involves making it so that it appears to the untrained eye to be a perfectly made military style bed (there's a method to how the military trains you how to do this, believe it or not, and you can bounce a quarter off the bed if it's done right), however the sheets are "shorted" so that when the person attempts to climb into bed that night their feet will only go down a foot and a half or so before they're stopped, and no amount of pushing will let your feet get all the way down. You have to physically remove all the blankets and sheets (which turns the bed into a wreck at that point) and it was always kind of funny to hear the victim's muted shouts of frustration and promises of recrimination. B-)
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Aslanisthebest » Oct 18, 2009 5:54 pm

*giggles over the funny pranks*

I've done several pranks, but this one's the one that comes to mind right now.

My mom made it a sort of rule that we should get up while she went on her daily morning walk, get ready, eat breakfast, do chores, etc so that when she came back, we could start school right away. Well, sometimes someone would not get up (which would probably be me...) and then she'd get sort of upset. So, we did this:
We got up on time and did all we were suppose do, then we started working to make it look in C.S.LN's bed that she was still in it, asleep. (We would have done mine, because my mom might have bought that, but I'm strict on making my bed right after I get up, and I don't like having to re-make it. ;;) ) Anywho, so we stuffed CS's bed with all these stuffed animals, and made it look realistic. Then, we put her American girl doll on the top (with extra other animals to make the head look...proportionate. :P ) and stuck the braid out, to make it look like that was CS's head.
CS ran to a closet where my mom probably would not look at first, and my mom came in. She asked where my sister was, and I pointed to the room, so she walked over, called C.S.LN's name, which didn't work, obviously. She tried to shake the CS-lump, pulled up the blanket, and her face was priceless. It was pretty funny. ^^

I've done other minor pranks, but I'd better not list them to save time. ;))
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby TheGeneral » Oct 19, 2009 9:54 am

Well, when I was little, I peed on the basement floor. :ymblushing: My parents thought a pipe was leaking, and still I kept silent 8-| . They eventually found out though, I don't remember what punishment I got, but I'm sure I got one lol
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next