This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Decision time. Do I head to the Catacombs and farm gold as long as possible in hopes of making enough to buy the Thrasher or stay here in the Festival and farm Firecracker charms to get the ACRONYM skin? Hmm.

I'm not sure if I can make that much gold in two days. I'm at 402k right now. I could always head to Furoma. I have 30 pieces of Rumble cheese left and enough ingredients to make 26 pieces of Onyz Gorgonzola. Getting a few Mojos and Sojos would definetly jack up my gold. The question is, will it be enough? I'm not sure. Oh well, I think I'm going to do it and at least try. *determined look*

EDIT: first trap check: +27,300 gold from a mojo. :D
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Not to be a wet blanket, but I doubt that you'll be able to make that much gold in 2 days ;)). Even if you caught every MOJO that came to you, you'd get 819K, which would still leave you one million short.

Still, I wish you luck.

I finally cleared out my warriors, and (of course) after having good luck with them, I'm having a difficult time with the last of the Sandwing Cavalry Mice. Lots of stolen cheeses, but I've learned that Rewers + Dragon Jade is a decent trap setup for these guys.

0-0-0-27-6-9

EDIT: Ugh, still struggling through Wave 3.

0-0-0-23-3-9
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Feb 04, 2012 7:07 am

Alright Dot, Kat and I chipped in so you should be able to afford your Chrome Rhinobot now :D And DiGs, I see that you've gotten your Warpath Thrasher ;) ;)) :D though sadly it won't be much help getting through the rest of Wave 3.

I must say, it is highly amusing to look through the Scoreboard right now at everyone's gold amount. ;))

Our tournament is proving to be interesting. Unless we catch several Aether Mice (highly rare but worth 100 points) we will not make the top 25%. As of this morning when I got up, we're just below 50%. So I got some SB+ off the Marketplace and armed my Silver Base and Champion's Charms.... we'll see if we can't push back up into the top 50%. Still have 30 hours to go... :-ss ;))

ETA: Oh, something I forgot to mention yesterday, I didn't watch much of the art FBF at all. Jacob was painting a mouse for the "Valentine's mini-event." So it should be short, sweet, and to the point. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 04, 2012 11:26 am

Soooo close to finishing up Wave 3.

0-0-0-0-1-7

Question, because I cannot remember, does ACRONYM work against the Flame Ordinance Mouse? I honestly cannot remember what trap I used last time round.

Either way, I should be into Wave 4 by the end of the day (maybe even done with it?)
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 04, 2012 11:32 am

How can I maximize potion drops on Tier III? I'm going for some crowns, but I need to get to the top of the Guantlet... and the success of my runs always seem to depend on how well I do in Tier III.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 04, 2012 11:45 am

Tier three is what, Tactical? You got the 2012 Big Boom Trap, yes? That is absolutely ideal for tier 3. It has a really high attraction bonus (20%), which means that you'll almost always attract a mouse. Plus it has really high luck (25!!!!) which is good for loot drops (if only marginally so). Couple that with it's high power bonus and decent power, and it'll be great.

I'd couple it with either a power, luck, or attraction charm.

I'd then use brie cheese.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby hck1hk » Feb 04, 2012 11:48 am

Hello~ I'm new to here, nice to meet you all :)
Actually, I am seeking for some financial help in buying the new trap /__\"
And I accidentally find this site (from Google) where there're some kind people who may lend gold to the one in need Q__Q"

Actually, I am now working hard in the Pinnacle Chamber, but up till now, I've just got 1,044,761 gold, and I do want to buy the Chrome RhinoBot ><"

Could someone please lend me about 2,200,000 gold for buying that T__T"?
I will return the gold as soon as I can, or pay back in terms of SB+ or other staff like orbs if you like ><" Please, can someone help me?
hck1hk
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello hck1hk. Welcome to NarniaWeb! Do you have any interest in Narnia at all, or are you here solely for Mousehunting purposes?

I know that I'd help you if I was able to (especially after receiving help from so many people on here), but I've got less than 200 thousand in gold. I know that there are other people on here who are more able to help out than I am.

I do hope you'll stick around even if we can't come up with the money to get you the Crobot! We really are a lively bunch of people, who genuinely love mousehunt, and love to help each other.

Again, Welcome aboard!!!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Digs, If I used brie cheese I'd be on Tier 1! XD Other that that I'll take your advice XD

hck1hk, Welcome to NW's MH thread. Like Digs I'd offer my help, but I have less than he does right now... :/

Hopefully someone can offer you some help...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Wolf wrote:Digs, If I used brie cheese I'd be on Tier 1! XD Other that that I'll take your advice XD

Oh dear, you're completely and totally right :P I'll chalk that up to my sinus infection too (it sure is getting blamed for a lot recently :P )
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby daughter of the King » Feb 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Finally caught a Calligraphy Mouse today, and thanks to my great benefactors (bows to FK and kat) I have the Chrome Rhinobot! Course now I'm broke...methinks a visit to the Catacombs is in order before I start Balack Hunting again. I have a lot of ultimate luck charms so hopefully those will get me through another round in Balack's Cove.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby hck1hk » Feb 04, 2012 1:56 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:Hello hck1hk. Welcome to NarniaWeb! Do you have any interest in Narnia at all, or are you here solely for Mousehunting purposes?

I know that I'd help you if I was able to (especially after receiving help from so many people on here), but I've got less than 200 thousand in gold. I know that there are other people on here who are more able to help out than I am.

I do hope you'll stick around even if we can't come up with the money to get you the Crobot! We really are a lively bunch of people, who genuinely love mousehunt, and love to help each other.

Again, Welcome aboard!!!

Actually, I was looking for some good novels to learn better English, that's why I was searching for Narnia and found this site @.@" (I'm from Asian country,and I'm not really good at English Orz)
hck1hk
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi hck1hk! Welcome to NarniaWeb! :D I sent you a friend invite on Facebook. I'm pretty well broke by now and definitely can't afford to send you enough gold to pay for your whole trap, but I can send you 500,000g so hopefully you'll manage to get the rest before tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to chip in a little bit, you can send me gold and I can forward it on, just don't forget to factor in the 10% tariff for the King. ;)

I think that's really cool you might read the Narnia books! We all love them so if you do read them, let us know what you think. :D

@DiGs, yeah, the ACRONYM trap does work for the Flame Ordnance mice, but I haven't seen the stats on the Chrome Rhinobot yet. It may work better. I know I always use my Monstrobot. ;))

@wolf, everything DiGs said, but if you have any Freshness Charms, those would be a good one to consider too so you don't lose any Tier II cheese to staleness. ;))

@Dot, congrats on your Calligraphy Mouse! :D Just in time!

Well, our team isn't doing that great at the tournament, I don't think we'll place. That was my fault cause I saw it was a 2 day tournament (AKA worth lots of tokens) and signed up for it before asking if people were gonna be available this weekend. :P Oops. ;)) Ah well, we'll get that Gold Base here one of these days. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 04, 2012 4:31 pm

FK wrote:the ACRONYM trap does work for the Flame Ordnance mice

Yeah, I didn't miss a single mouse using it. It was pretty good ;)).

I'm not on Wave 4. Eight more Warden mice to go.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby starkat » Feb 04, 2012 5:25 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Well, our team isn't doing that great at the tournament, I don't think we'll place. That was my fault cause I saw it was a 2 day tournament (AKA worth lots of tokens) and signed up for it before asking if people were gonna be available this weekend. :P Oops. ;)) Ah well, we'll get that Gold Base here one of these days. ;)

We're at 79th place right now thanks to my catching my very first aether!!!!! :D :D :D It was the last mouse I needed to get to 302/302 of the regular mice. :D But yeah. I didn't mean to be gone quite so long today, but we had company for quite awhile. I'm just glad I caught my aether on a tourney horn instead of an hourly trap check. :)
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 05, 2012 5:47 am

I'm having the same problem in wave 4 that I did last time. I can clear most of the THeurgy Wardens without a lot of time passing, but I've got two left, and have had great difficulty in clearing them.

Hopefully I can get rid of the last two today.
DiGoRyKiRkE

PreviousNext