This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby shastastwin » Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Regarding the new Base's purpose: I believe it allows access to an area beneath Icewing's Lair, wherein the Deep Mouse and possibly the Living Salt are catchable.

The recipe is still eluding everyone on the MH forums. They haven't found the correct ingredients yet, but they are apparently "close". ;))

1,641 ft on Hunt #257. Best run yet so far.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 15, 2012 3:17 pm

I FINISHED MY GRAPH! First. . . the pretty ;))

Now some explanation.

The four colors represent the four different levels of the iceberg. The Treacherous Tunnels are in dark purple. The Brutal Bulwark in Red. The Bombing Run in Green and the Mad Depths in Dark Blue.

The trap used was the SLM2. I used the Magnet Base in the Tunnels, the Dragon Jade base in the Bulwark. The Remote Detonator Base in the Bombing Run, and the Dragon Jade Base in the Mad Depths.

On the X Axis, you have the number of hunts. On they Y axis, you have the "Ease Quotient." The ease quotient is obtained by dividing your current depth, by your current hunt number. In other words, each data point represents the current "average." The higher up the graph, the easier the area. . . the lower down the graph, the tougher the area. An "Ease Quotient" of 6.55 or higher needs to be accomplished in order to make it into Icewing's Lair before the first chest is smashed.

As you can see, there is a pretty good amount of fluctuation in the Tunnels. Lots of ups and downs are present, but for the most part, it's the easiest part of the iceberg. Then you hit the bulwark and. . . well. . . the data speak for themselves. You fall very quickly. I honestly thought that the bombing run would see a return to levels around 8, but that didn't happen, and by the time I got through the depths, the 1st chest was destroyed.

The run that produced this graph got me into Icewing's lair in 340 hunts.

Any questions?
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm

I got my Master Burglar! :D I was killing time tonight so I thought I'd set up shop in the Bazaar and try my luck, even if I'd use up all my SB+ in the process. And I got him on my first piece of cheese. :D :D :D I'm really stoked because I tried ALL DAY for him yesterday and I really wanted that Crown Jewel! Now that I've got it, I'm going to head to the Gauntlet and start working on the first Tier. My plan is to do the Gauntlet very slowly and very thoroughly, so it will take me awhile to get through the first level so I want to get started. The points and gold are pretty pathetic and it's certainly not going to help me level up but I have tourneys that will keep me busy as well. If I get really impatient to level up, I can always head back to Furoma; that place is a points goldmine. ;))

Oh, and between yesterday and today, I attracted 5 or 6 Silths but no catches. Not surprising since my trap is still relatively weak for them, but I figure if I'm attracting them, it's only a matter of time. I'd like to catch one eventually but I'm in no rush. :)

FYI, if anyone is interested in a Whisker Woods tourney, the MH tourney FB group I'm a part of is hosting an in-house competition where all the teams compete against each other in a tourney for prizes. You're almost guaranteed to get some SB+, so it's a nice way to earn some gold, SB+ and tokens while having fun. :) The competition will be Sunday and it will be a lot of fun! Let me know if you're interested. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 16, 2012 6:57 am

I watched FBF yesterday but was in the middle of packing so I didn't jot down anything here.

There was a bit of discussion on the new Deep Freeze Base, which I now know you need to reach/catch the Deep Mouse. The blueprints are dropped by Icewing and I snagged those yesterday.

As of late last night, someone on the MH forums discovered the ingredients that go in the recipe but now figuring the correct combination of everything begins. If you remember the MSB, it took a long time to get it figured out. Here's what will go in the Base. Quantities, currently unknown.

Blueprints
Steam 9
Cold Fusion
Wire Spool
Frosty Metal
Platnium Bar
Stale SB+
Living Shard
Bead of Slumber

I will be too busy this weekend to participate in submitting combinations of stuff, but if anyone else gets the blueprints and wants to help out, here's the google document to see what's been tried...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... mNXc&gid=4
And here's the one to submit your attempts....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... SXBmNXc6MQ

Oh, and I finally got that stupid Treasure Chest (259 hunts!!). :P Which means as of now until the blueprint recipe is discovered, all I have left to do is catch General Drheller. He's being exceedingly shy. :P
Currently in the Slushy Shoreline farming more War Scraps, Wire Spools, and Frosty Metals. I guess I can smash my Heating Oil now.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » Jun 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:I got my Master Burglar! :D ... My plan is to do the Gauntlet very slowly and very thoroughly
Congarats on your Master Burglar. I do not recommend doing the Gauntlet similar to my methods. Most find it to get a little boring. ;))

On May 11, 2012, I wrote:Settling into the Gauntlet for the duration until obtaining the Eclipse. Back to Tier 3 with 1,309 pieces of Tier 3 cheese on hand.

Back to Tier 3 with a couple more pieces of Tier 3 cheese after securing a Gold Crown on the Toy Sylvan Moose. Tier 3 Cheese at 2,205 - more than enough cheese several times over.

I might just go back to acquire a few more Gold Crowns. For now, settling in for a bit of a haul through this level.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Currently having an amazing Iceberg run (even through the bulwark) 498 feet at hunt 64. I used two drill charges on my driller-2 before upgrading to the third driller. If I could get out of the Bulwarks before hunt one hundred. . . that'd be amazing!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » Jun 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm having the most difficult time attracting an Icewing. So far every attraction has been a Frostlance Guard. Aside from the fact that I want the Deep Freeze Base Blueprints, I'm closing in on the second chest. I'd really like to get it this time, since this has been my best run so far. I'd hate for the Lair to make it worse than my first (352 hunts). Also, that would give me enough BCF to craft the Spiked Base for my next run. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

ceppault wrote:
Gymfan15 wrote:I got my Master Burglar! :D ... My plan is to do the Gauntlet very slowly and very thoroughly
Congarats on your Master Burglar. I do not recommend doing the Gauntlet similar to my methods. Most find it to get a little boring. ;))

On May 11, 2012, I wrote:Settling into the Gauntlet for the duration until obtaining the Eclipse. Back to Tier 3 with 1,309 pieces of Tier 3 cheese on hand.

Back to Tier 3 with a couple more pieces of Tier 3 cheese after securing a Gold Crown on the Toy Sylvan Moose. Tier 3 Cheese at 2,205 - more than enough cheese several times over.

I might just go back to acquire a few more Gold Crowns. For now, settling in for a bit of a haul through this level.

Oh, but that's how I want to do it. ;)) I want to get to the Eclipse with enough cheese to get a bunch of Elicpses and then some left over for special events. ;) So yes, I do plan on taking the Gauntlet nice and slow! I'll probably camp out there during the night for the next while and then head over when I'm bored with other things. Not sure when that will happen though because I'm going to level up really soon and Legendary is a PACKED level; just huge with tons to do.

Out of curiosity, how many pieces of Tier 2 cheese did you accumulate to start out with? I know I want a LOT but I'm not exactly sure how much that is. Hundreds of potions, thousands...not sure. ;))
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby ceppault » Jun 17, 2012 6:42 am

Gymfan15 wrote:Out of curiosity, how many pieces of Tier 2 cheese did you accumulate to start out with? I know I want a LOT but I'm not exactly sure how much that is.

Back on 02 Feb 2012, I wrote:Tier 2 complete. Tier 2 Mice trapped: 981 with 256 Tier 3 potions dropped as loot. 26% average drop rate ... Ultimate Luck Charms did not change the drop rate.

I went through Tier 1 again for the purpose of getting my first Gold Crown. Final moose count was 2,013. Tier 2 Potions came in at just over 490; lost track of the actual number but this is very close. Except for one instance, conversion of Tier 2 Potion is with Swiss. The original number of 256 Potions is more than enough to yield a handful of Eclipse Moose. The later amount can yield about 15 Eclipse Moose.

The method of coming and going from the Gauntlet works well. Acquire the necessary traps and go back for visits. The Ancient Box is the only trap that effectively catches the Eclipse.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Ok, so if I aim for at least 500 Tier 2 pots, I should be very good as far as catching a bunch of Eclipse mice. ;)) Thanks! 2 potions down, 498 to go. ;) I need a higher luck setup, haha...
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:I need a higher luck setup, haha...

Actually luck doesn't seem to affect (or effect?) drop rates in the Gauntlet as much as attraction does...

I suggest going for power, attraction, and luck in that order (except for Tier 1, go for attraction, luck, power.)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 17, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm still farming gold in the Cats. ;))

I haven't caught any Dojo Sensei mice yet. Is it a good thing to try for that at this point of the game? What is the best set-up to catch one? I no longer have my Onyx stone (I think I used it to make my ACRONYM), so I don't have anything to make Onyx Gorgonzola cheese. Do I need to catch more Mojos to get Onyx stones? And if so, how many should I get?

Is there any way to catch a Mojo besides Rumble Cheese? It takes me forever to get those Tokens/Master's Seal/etc.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby ceppault » Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:... I need a higher luck setup, haha...
One can use a relatively low power trap in favor of luck and attraction. Used a simple glue trap and base of low power and a moose was never missed. Would fail to attract at times or the cheese would go stale; it was not common.
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Ithilwen wrote:I'm still farming gold in the Cats. ;))

I haven't caught any Dojo Sensei mice yet. Is it a good thing to try for that at this point of the game? What is the best set-up to catch one? I no longer have my Onyx stone (I think I used it to make my ACRONYM), so I don't have anything to make Onyx Gorgonzola cheese. Do I need to catch more Mojos to get Onyx stones? And if so, how many should I get?

Is there any way to catch a Mojo besides Rumble Cheese? It takes me forever to get those Tokens/Master's Seal/etc.

~Riella =:)

Nope, just Rumble will attract MoJo's. Getting shards is not that hard, I've found; it's just the tokens that take forever. Make sure you have a good trap setup and it's worth shelling out the SB+ for Maki. Or you could do what I did and get token packs using King's Credits. I didn't have my Ambush at the time and I figured, why slog around with my weaker trap not catching Students when I could expedite the process faster to get my first bead? Anyway, it worked out nicely in the end.

I would say, get as many Onyx Stones as you can. I LOVE those things, lol. Don't use them to make Onyx Gorgonzola; use them to make Unstable Curd. It's a little more of a gamble, but the cheese you get from it is worth it. I used maybe 7 Onyx Stones (I forget) and I got 3 batches of Onyx Gorgonzola, Rumble, Glutter, Brie and Swiss. You can also get Limelight, Ancient, Runic, etc. from it. Fairly painless way to get some cheese that can take awhile to craft otherwise. So yeah, if you already have your ACRONYM, use those puppies on Curd and poke away! ;) Eventually you'll need to save some for a trap later on but that's a LONG ways off.

In other news, I leveled to Legendary today! :D I am super eager to get started on the Catacombs. Time to spend all that gold, and then earn some more, haha!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

wolf wrote:Actually luck doesn't seem to affect (or effect?) drop rates in the Gauntlet as much as attraction does...

I suggest going for power, attraction, and luck in that order

I don't quite agree with this. I definitely agree that attraction is the most important stat in the bottom tier, as well as the upper tiers, but I rarely, RARELY get a fta once I start using Tier cheese.
Freshness is key in the Tower, attraction is also great, but in my last Gauntlet run during the Easter Egg hunt, I learned that luck in large quantities does make a noticeable difference. Just not to the degree that it does in the Tribal Isles.

Ithilwen wrote:I haven't caught any Dojo Sensei mice yet. Is it a good thing to try for that at this point of the game?

Gymmie and ramagut were very, very fortunate to catch their Sensei mice as early as they did. I don't really recommend going for him until you at least have the Horrific Venus Mouse trap. And if you can tolerate having that blank spot there a little longer, going for him when you're doing assignments from the Crystal Library is even better cause at that point you'll probably have Zugzwang's First Move. :) But it's totally up to you. It's just if you miss him, it's such a pain to farm all those supplies again.

Gymmie wrote:Don't use [Onyx Stones] to make Onyx Gorgonzola; use them to make Unstable Curd.
I completely disagree with this advice. :)) This works just fine if you've caught a Sensei already, but if you haven't, it was proven elsewhere that you will get far less Gorgonzola making Unstable Curds than if you make straight up OG cheese. And if you're going for the Sensei, this is kind of a waste of those hard-to-get Stones. ;)

Gymmie wrote:In other news, I leveled to Legendary today!
Congrats!! :D Now you can really start doing stuff! hehehe
Oh and how did the tournament thingy go on Sunday? I realized too late that Father's Day was kind of a bad day to have a big event like that.

The recipe for the new Deep Freeze Base was discovered a short time ago.
http://mhwiki.hitgrab.com/wiki/index.ph ... reeze_Base
I am short one BCF, 1 Wire Spool, and 4 Frosty Metals. Hopefully I'll get all of that stuff soon. Bought everything else already. :)

ETA: Oh, and just found on the forum when I was trying to find the bonus stats for the new base (the um, base base stats stink :)) ) that there is also a new collectible in the game--the Frozen Sealed Bottle. Presumably drops off of the Deep Mouse?

ETA 2: Just snagged the Living Salt Mouse in the Tunnels with SB+. Wasn't expecting that one at all. ;))

ETA 3: Just snagged another Living Salt Mouse in the Tunnels with Gouda. They must have decided to just stick these mice in to help advance people through the Iceburg more quickly. I'm certainly not complaining about moving 20ft through in one catch. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 18, 2012 12:47 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
Gymmie wrote:Don't use [Onyx Stones] to make Onyx Gorgonzola; use them to make Unstable Curd.
I completely disagree with this advice. :)) This works just fine if you've caught a Sensei already, but if you haven't, it was proven elsewhere that you will get far less Gorgonzola making Unstable Curds than if you make straight up OG cheese. And if you're going for the Sensei, this is kind of a waste of those hard-to-get Stones. ;)

I didn't find the Stones all that hard to get. :p ;) Yeah, I suppose if one is desperate for the Sensei then they should use the safe crafting method, but only make one batch at a time until you get it. For me, I got more batches of OG then I did of any other cheese (close to 30 pieces, I think). It's a bit luck-based but I feel like the other cheese that you can get is worth it. The Master cheese and Rumble can be SUCH a pain in the butt to craft, so if I can get some for "free", woot.

But that's just me; clearly my experience in Furoma is not typical for a mid-level player so what do I know. ;) I foresee Furoma being a favorite place of mine in the future; I've had good luck with it and I really, REALLY like poking Curd. ;)

Oh, and the Tourney went well. My team took 4th overall and 1st among the group teams. :D We bagged a bunch of Cherries (none from me, unfortunately) and did really well overall. I was pleased with how it went! :)

Speaking of tourneys, I have a question. I've poked around in the various Guides and it looks like the Aqua base is the next base that one typically gets. However, I've been comparing the stats with the Tourney bases and I'm not sure if it's as useful? I suppose it would depend on how close I am to getting my Silver base by the time I get to the Tribal Islands. The Silver Tourney base has better stats minus 1 luck, and I'm not sure if that 1 luck is worth shelling out for another base. Then again, it's not *that* expensive. Thoughts?
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext