This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 24, 2012 3:20 pm

MH was pretty messed up last night but it's been working fine for me all day. :)

Ok, so I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I finally caught my first Black Widow today! :D :D :D

The bad news...it was on a trap-check during a Moz tourney.

:-o :ymblushing: :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( @-)

lol...such is my luck, lol! We would have gotten a trophy if that mouse and the Vampire that I caught on a DIFFERENT trap check had counted. :p ;))

But, I'm one token away from being half way to my Silver base, so yay! :D Hopefully soon.

Right now I don't have a set plan. I went into the Forbidden Grove and am farming Runes and gold. I plan to head back to Digby as soon as I can find a tourney to do it in so I can take another crack at the BBB mouse. After that, it's just getting a tonna gold before I craft my SS Huntington and start on that side of the game. I'd like to have a LOT of gold before I go there because I know there's a lot of trap purchases I'll need to make.

There IS a two-day tourney that has a really lucrative token offer for even mediocre placements, but the bad news is that it's in the Lab, lol. I'd probably die of boredom. However, I'm thinking about maybe doing it...not sure. Anyone interested? ;)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 25, 2012 5:27 am

Unfortunately Gymmie I think most NarniaWebbers who would be interested in a tournament of that length are still out for the next couple days. And I must ask if you're going to be one of those crazy people that don't sleep through those tournaments? ;) Cause we all sleep! :P ;))

I must say, it's nice to be back in the Fiery Warpath again. :D I think this is my second favorite overall area, but it's my favorite just to chill out and hunt through. :) Cleared out the Scouts in Wave 2 yesterday and I'm now working on the Archers. Once I clear those, it'll be back to the Iceburg for me. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm

I am back and ready for tourneys! :D I was able to loot about 5 Frosty Metals on the trap checks that went through while I was gone.

Eventually I will have enough parts to craft everything. Maybe. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 26, 2012 8:33 am

So what else does everybody still need to craft for the Iceburg? I actually got a lot of my crafting supplies from the treasure chests on my multiple runs through. 12 of each crafting item and then several BCFs as well. :)

Cleared all of Wave 2 in the Warpath and returned to the Iceburg. I'm going for the Deep Mouse this run! Doing quite decently so far. Completed the Tunnels in 33 hunts (second best ever) and working my way through the Brutal Bulwark in what I believe is record time for me by a long shot. Currently at 480ft - 64hunts. I'm doing a SB run just to compare my numbers to a Gouda run, and so far it looks like it helps a lot more than I had originally thought, so we'll see what happens. I also have all 8 drill charges ready to go which I will probably save for the Mad Depths. :P

stwin, I believe you are on track to get the Silver Base if we place today right? :D And then it's only 200 more tokens to go for the Gold Base after that. ;) ;))

EtA: Just completed the Bulwark in 87 hunts. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Our team did a whisker woods tournament this morning and we took 1st place! Huzzah team!!!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » Jun 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Yes, I now have my Silver Base. :D I also have all the tourney collectibles thanks to our 1st place score today. Actually, that makes all three trophies within a week of each other. :D ;))

Back in the Shoreline. I'm 26 Wire Spools and 11 Frosty Metals from being able to craft the last two bases I need (Hearthstone and Deep Freeze). I also need another 15 BCF to craft those, so I'll be doing another few Iceberg runs. I won't even be able to contemplate going for the Deep Mouse this run. I still want to try for all three chests, though. Given my current feet/hunt, it's not highly probable, but not impossible. I'll spend another day or two farming and then make more Iceberg progress.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 27, 2012 1:11 pm

It must be the time to do tournaments because in the last week and a half, my team has snagged a 2nd, 3rd, and 1st place. :D And even the ones we haven't placed on, we've been really close. (5th place in Digby last night.) Congrats fellow teammates on 1st! :D

Continuing on with my obliterating-the-Iceburg-with-SB run.
837ft - #112
I've still been stuck in the Bulwark at this point in the past, let alone 237 feet into the Bombing Run, so I'm excited. The fastest run on the Iceburg Scoreboard is 172 hunts. I don't think I'll be even close to that, but I'm in very good shape for snagging the Deep Mouse. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

I've gotten enough Bottled Cold Fusion to craft the Hearthstone Base. Those Mad Depths were absolutely BRUTAL this past time, and I think I'd rather have that than I'd like to have the Spiked Base.

I just need one more Frosty Metal to make the base, so hopefully I'll have that tomorrow, and I'll then be able to move through the Iceberg again (which will give me enough BCF to make my Spiked Base).
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

*wanders in with as close to MH jitters as you can get* :P ;))
Just wrapped up the Bombing Run on hunt 195. :-o :ymapplause: Caught a Princess Fist which shot me 12 feet into the Mad Depths and then used all 8 drill bits which pushed me through to 1772ft - #195.
So now I just need to crush the last 28ft of the Mad Depths and then hope and pray I catch the Icewing quickly with the Deep Base. Shouldn't be a problem, I just have to stay under 250 hunts, but I have had bad luck with the Icewing before. :-ss
The record Icewing speed run is 172 hunts. I have no idea how someone managed to do that because I had a really, really good run.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 29, 2012 7:11 am

Still in the Iceberg. I have the Mk. II this time and I think it's making a difference. Who knows what will happen once I hit the Depths though. Here's hoping we place in the tourney today; I still have only the Bronze base.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Jun 29, 2012 7:40 am

For those who may be interested, Jacob is drawing a header for the Town of Digby.

I have made it to the Deep Mouse!!! :-O :-ss So far it's Deep Mouse 3 - FK 0 :P I'm doing a tournament that starts in an hour and a half so I'm hoping to snag him before then. I'll update if I get him. ;)
Still no General Drheller though. Grrrr.....

ETA: Just had to say something, snagged my Deep Mouse. :D I love the fact that he dropped Deep Thoughts. :)) =))

ETA 2: Here is my data for my best overall Gouda run and this SB run....

Gouda: Tunnels 43 - Bulwark 106 - Bombing 229 - Mad Depths & Icewing 259 (I did not have the Hearthstone Base for this run and I used 7 drill bits)

SB: Tunnels 33 - Bulwark 87 - Bombing 195 - Mad Depths & Icewing 204 (used 8 drill bits, all in the Mad Depths). Unfortunately I didn't write it down, but I think I caught the Deep Mouse around hunt #220.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I cannot get over the price of Super Brie right now! If it goes up much more it'll be at 10,000 gold per piece! That's just insane!!! People hard up for money might consider selling some off ;)

Doing decently on my Iceberg run. 400 ft at hunt 60.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

I have been selling SB+ off in small batches, Digs, just because it's so incredibly high and I'll have time to collect more before I get to the point in the game where I will really want it. I put 3 pieces up at 9500 the other day and it only took 12 hours or so for it to sell. :p

FK, since you're done with the Iceburg I don't know if you would consider this a spoiler, but regarding the Deep Mouse:

Apparently he's a guaranteed catch on the 250th hunt if you've completed all the other requirements. People have tested it out with Tacky Glue Traps, lol. Right now they're testing to see if it's an auto-attract as well. So you needn't have worried, and neither should anyone else who is going after him. :) ;)

Well, I'm currently in the Cats trying to recoup my gold from my SS Huntington and Net Cannon purchase. Right now I am planning on getting the Aqua base since I'm still a week or two away from my Silver base if all goes well, and since I'm going to need it later on for assignments...*shrug* Doesn't make a difference if I spend the gold now or then.

After I buy that, then it's the DDB, and then I'll be hunting in the Tribal Isles doing all that fun stuff, working on upgrading my traps. Considering how much they cost (gulp) that will keep me busy for a VERY long time, lol.

But boy, y'all were right when you said the Cats were a gold mine with the ACRONYM; I've not even been in there 24h and I've made 200k. It's a bit boring but tournies keep it fresh, and I like that I'm also collecting coal and scrap metal while I'm there, which obviously I'm going to need a TON of later on.

There's a High Seas Hunting tourny tomorrow that I'm interested in...anyone? If you're lucky enough to catch a Shelder he's worth a TON of points, lol!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I made it to the S.S. Huntington (is it II or III? I've seen it called both). :D

But I went back to the Cats right away because I didn't have very much gold. :P

What Hydro trap should I buy? The Net Cannon or Harpoon Gun?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 29, 2012 5:42 pm

I tell people to go with the Net Cannon. If you don't like it smash, recombine and you've got the Harpoon Gun.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I missed all three chests... again... I've got enough cheese stockpiled now though to go after the Shelder... hopefully I'll catch him sooner rather than later. Although, later would indeed be better than never :-s
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

PreviousNext