This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby shastastwin » Jun 18, 2012 5:51 pm

I never bought the Aqua Base and I've done well. Granted, I think it was introduced after my time at that level. Not sure. Anyway, I advise that you skip it, especially since you may be able to get your Silver Base soon (based on your post).

Speaking of which, I am 9 Tokens away from my Silver Base. :D

I finished my third run in time to get two chests, and caught my first Icewing! :D Still missing the Living Salt, though.

I just crafted the Spiked Base. That just leaves the Hearthstone and Deep Freeze Bases. I have everything for both except the required number of Frosty Metals and Wire Spools (of course). I'm planning on farming in the Shoreline overnight and doing the 'Berg during the day for the next few days. That way I can at least work on getting the required number of materials before too long. I'm glad to have the Spiked Base at last because the Bulwark always ruins me. I need another 23 Frosty Metals and 32 Wire Spools. ;)) I also need 15 more BCF, but since I should be able to get enough of that this run to craft the Deep Freeze, I'm going to focus on that one first. Given the requirement for the Hidden Depths, I'm guessing I will eventually have an amazing, super-quick run. Or give up in frustration. That's always a possibility. ;))

Then there's the Warpath and the Market for which I still have to complete building/farming/crafting.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks for the advice, everyone. :)

Still farming gold in the Cats. ;))

I caught my first Black Widow! :D

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 18, 2012 7:53 pm

So far, my Iceberg run is going rather well. I'm at 1,075 feet at hunt 240. So if I keep going well, I may manage to snag the last chest! Here's hoping.

Congrats on the Black Widow, Ithilwen!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

@stwin, nah, the Aqua Base has been there since they opened the Huntington I think. But I'm betting by the time you got there you had the Candy Cane Base which is a straight upgrade of the Aqua Base. Most people I know skipped it altogether. I only bought it recently because of the library assignments that required it.

@Gymmie, it's up to you whether you get it or not, but I would probably go ahead and skip it cause I think the Bronze Base is a little better and the Silver Base definitely is.

@Ithilwen, congrats on your Black Widow! :D

@n_a_h, hope you manage to get your last chest! Watching you all run through the Iceburg has made me realize just how incredibly lucky I was to get two chests on my first run through. And some people managed to get all three.... haven't figured that one out yet. ;))

Well I got all of the War Scraps I needed today and purchased the Diamond Ice Drill. Here's my updated to-do list....
~Catch that stinkin' General Drheller
~Craft the Deep Freeze Base (need 1 Wire Spool and 4 Frosty Metal)
~Catch the Deep Mouse
I plan on spending all of my time in the Slushy Shoreline (unless my team is doing an Iceburg tournament) in the hopes of getting those materials quickly. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jun 20, 2012 9:35 am

I got really lucky overnight and got 4 of the Frosty Metals, which were the last materials I needed. I have now crafted the Deep Freeze Base. :D
I'm not seeing any kind of special area boost in stats on this thing, so I expect when I get to the Hidden Deeps it's going to be a royal pain to catch anything. :P But, people on the forum were asking for hard and difficult so I guess this is gonna be it. (I haven't looked at spoilers, maybe it's not so bad.) In the Iceburg for what I would LOVE to be my last run. *continues grumbling at General Drheller*

If I do not nab Drheller this time, I'll start alternating Iceburg and Warpath runs. If I do nab him, I'll head back to the Warpath and return to the Iceburg for tournaments. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jun 22, 2012 8:13 am

Got my spiked base crafted. I'm going to work on the deep freeze base next. Then go back and craft the hearthstone. Up to 2 Icewings.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Jun 22, 2012 8:33 am

*crickets*
Where'd everybody go? ;))

Well, yesterday my team got a 2nd place finish in the Crystal Library. That was the last trophy I needed so now I have all of the tourny collectibles. :D

Anyways, here's the FBF review for today....
~Apparently people feel the Deep Mouse requires SB to catch him. The devs say that's not true. It's kind of like using SB in the Tower vs Gouda.
~They plan to run a fix so the Commander will drop more than one canister so people who collect traps can craft another Mk. II.
~Hey stwin!! They addressed your question. ;) They have no concrete plans on adding ways to check your Tower and Warpath progress without actually traveling there but it's on their "list" and it's higher on the list rather than lower.
~Mobile site is broken. They hope to fix it soon.
~They do not currently have any plans to add more to the Iceburg. Not to say that they won't add more in the future, but for the time being, they're done.
~Art FBF next week.
~New content is not being worked on at this time, they're still deep in fixing technical issues. But Jacob is hoping to start working on the preliminary drafting soon for some stuff.

Lots more random babbling. This was pretty much it. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wiltheavatar » Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

It's probably been a month since I last posted, as for progress, umm...not doing so well :(
I just started on my second run on Iceburg with MK II, and is lacking cold fusion to make anything else :(
My first run was an epic failure, I didn't get a single chest, but well, at least I finished :)
Anyways, Living Garden gonna be the new thing? It's due to come out near summer right?
Oh well, I missed like 30 pages and is too lazy to check :)
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Still farming wire spools in the Shoreline. I want to get the Mk. II before my next run. This area seems really difficult, or maybe I'm just not used to the upper levels yet. ;))
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Got my ACRONYM! :D :D :D *happy dance* Finally got over the point requirement that I needed, even though it was a few hours too late for the Cats tourneys that I did. :p Oh well. I've had good luck with Cats tourneys; I've done three so far and I've gotten 2nd, 5th and 6th! :)

Speaking of tourneys, I wanted to extend an open invitation to anyone who is interested in doing tourneys for tokens. I'm a pretty casual, laid back player, and I operate on a first come, first serve basis. There are no permanent members to my team, and the members change based on the tourney. You can't feel slighted if you get kicked to make room for someone who wants to play. ;)

I'm part of a group that matches up players for different tourneys, but I'm more than happy to do some with NWebber's too. If you see a tourney you like on the competition board, FB message me and let me know. (Please be aware that I'm only Legendary so I can only do those level tourneys, lol). If it's a good time for me, I'll put you on the team. I often fill spots with people from my group, so you have to either be open to friending them for the duration of the tourney or be completely responsible for sounding all your own horns. There is a way to add friends with really restricted access to your profile, so basically all they can see is what the public sees. If you're comfortable with that, it's really easy to find people to tourney with. :)

The only rules that I have is that you make sure you stay online for the duration of the tourney and can clear King's Rewards and sound when you can. Other than that, pretty casual.

So yeah, FB message me if you are interested in doing tourneys. :) Some of mine are pretty last minute so you have to be flexible, lol.

In other news, I'm staying in the Cats until I save up a tonna gold and then I guess I'm going to head back to Digby and see if I can catch the BBB with my ACRONYM. If not, I'll head over and get started on the SS Huntington. I was advised to leave the Forbidden Grove alone until I have a better trap, so that I will do.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 23, 2012 8:42 am

wil, Hi! Good to see you again. :D Sorry your Iceburg progress isn't going well. :( Hopefully it will get better soon!

Dot, yeah, I think if you weren't farming materials when they first opened the Slushy Shoreline it's a bit harder to get them now. But even so, I still don't think this area is as difficult as Zugzwang's Tower (which you haven't been to yet).

Gymmie, congrats on your ACRONYM!! :D Yay! :D
I was advised to leave the Forbidden Grove alone until I have a better trap, so that I will do.
I assume you were advised this when you still had the Obelisk of Slumber. There isn't any other trap you can get for the Forbidden Grove/Acolyte Realm besides the ACRONYM. (Except for the Acoylte Mouse which requires the Ancient Box Trap, but the ABT isn't useful in the Grove.) So you can go to the Grove at any time. :) In fact I highly recommend you do so to start farming runes.

Well I found out yesterday while watching FBF what it is about the Iceburg that's so hard (thus far I haven't found it hard at all, just time consuming). And that's that you have to complete a run in under 250 hunts to even attempt the Deep Mouse. My best so far is 259 hunts and I'm not gonna come close to beating that this time.
So, my current plan is to finish the run I'm on, get through the Tunnels again cause they're worthless for tournaments, head back to the Warpath for a bit cause I need a break, and then alternate back and forth between the Warpath and the Iceburg til I finish the latter area.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wiltheavatar » Jun 23, 2012 9:45 am

My run isn't going that well, on hunt 61 and only 316 ft :(
Oh well, I'll just grind my way through
I really miss FW, at least no race against time
that SMB, i just left it there and nothign to do :<
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Mousehunt is down for me... Both the main Mousehunt website and the Facebook App. It says "This site has expired".

Anyone else having this problem?

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 23, 2012 8:10 pm

^No, but my FB account was down earlier altogether, it's back on now though...

Been stocking up cheese for my attempt at the Shelder... currently I have 400 pieces... I'm hoping for at least 500 before I go anywhere...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 23, 2012 8:22 pm

wolfloversk wrote:^No, but my FB account was down earlier altogether, it's back on now though...

Mine is still down.

This is what I get from the Facebook App: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... /Error.png

This is what I get from the main site: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... xpired.png

This has never happened before, and I haven't done anything differently...

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby fantasia » Jun 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Ah, yes, I did have that happen earlier Ithilwen and I did what was probably the dumb thing and clicked on "proceed anyways" and it's worked fine since. I don't think any viruses or malware were installed on my computer in the process.
I don't know much about security certificates at all so I don't know what it means when one expires on a website.
If you click on "proceed anyways" it should start working again but whether you want to do that or not is totally up to you.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext