This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby shastastwin » Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

I got my Mark II!!! :D And only half an hour into our 'Berg tourney. ;)

I also picked up the Mk. II Drill, since I had the War Scraps, so that I would be armed with plenty of drill charges for the Depths. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 11, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm very annoyed with ZT right now. I started out really well. At 71% (could have been slightly higher but I know for certain my amplifier was no lower than that), I had caught everything but the Mystic King and Queen. I used Attraction charms the whole way through. It wasn't until 32% (a good day and a half later) that I caught the Queen and then ran my amplifier all the way down to zero trying for that King and never caught it. I caught the Queen and King last time with my amplifier much lower then that. X(
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Well well, it's been a really eventful past few days! I'll summarize as briefly as I can.

- Headed to Furoma and started collecting tokens. I decided to spring for a few token packs from the Prize Shoppe since I had Credits and I could get my first Master's Seal easily if I just had a little help first, and then I'd be able to upgrade my trap. I was able to catch all my Masters within half a day or so and crafted my Ambush! Really liking it so far. :) Oh, and I got an Assassin completely randomly a few days ago. That was a nice surprise.

- Participated in quite a few tourneys! I'm part of a FB group that helps match players together for different tourneys, so I did a lot over the weekend. One of the nicer ones was an "in-house" competition where all the different teams in the group competed against each other in a Moz tourney. My team took second among our group and I got quite a lot of SB+ out of it. :D I sold 35 on the market, made some Maki and STILL have a lot left over. I'm loving the gold I have right now, haha!

- Last night I did a really last-minute Woods tourney to push me over for enough tokens to get my Bronze base, but we ended up taking the Bronze Trophy by two points. :D That was definitely unexpected and exciting! I have my Bronze Base now and I'm loving it.

- Today I did a Furoma tourney and caught 4 MoJo's. :D I saved one Onyx Stone for my ACRONYM and the rest I turned to Curd; I got 19 pieces of Onyx Gorgonzola and some Gnarly cheese. I'm feeling kind of lucky so I may give the Sensei a whirl tomorrow even though I know it's a long shot. Hopefully he doesn't pillage me too badly...

- My Cats map piece should be done tomorrow, so after it's done I plan to pack up and head over there for the future until I get my ACRONYM and save up enough scrap metal for the SS Huntington. I've been advised not to bother with the Lagoon until later, so I plan on focusing on the Cats region for the next while.

55% Grandmaster; those MoJo's really put a nice cushion to my point total, lol!

Anyway, having fun; hope everyone else is doing the same. :)

ETA: Oh, I CAN'T head to the Cats until I level up...boo. That's boring. :p Well, I might farm gold in the Moz then, and fill some missing blanks in my mice pages.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby AstroWolfD » Jun 12, 2012 6:15 am

I honestly don't know what to do next. I have my ACRONYM now of course, and I have access to the Forbidden Grove. I guess I just continue to save up gold to build the S.S. Huntington next? Also, the tourneys that the GPGW have participated have been enjoyable. We finished 15th in the indigenous tourney last night, putting me only 7 tokens away from the bronze base.

Current status if anyone is interested: 58% Legendary, 4,316,207 points, 212,047 gold. (*)
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby fantasia » Jun 12, 2012 6:23 am

@n_a_h, :ymhug: After that awesome start too....
@Gymmie, :D You're just rocking! That's very cool that you've been able to snag the Bronze Base and Bronze Trophy already. Good for you! :D
@Astro, have you gotten the Ship Blueprints off of the Hydra in the Lagoon? If not, that's something else you can work on while saving gold. If you have, then yeah, farming the FG for runes isn't a bad idea. ;)
And good luck on getting those last 7 tokens! :D

My team is hopefully doing a Slushy tournament here in two hours. We'll see if we can get enough people signed up for it. ;)) And I'm hoping to make it through the Brutal Bulwark today. I just need one more BCF for the Hearthstone Base and then I'm taking a break from the Iceburg for a bit. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Jun 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm slowly making progress on my third Iceberg run. I had a remarkable run in the Tunnels this time. 39 hunts. :D However, the Bulwark is not being nearly as friendly with me. I'm currently at 380 ft on hunt 74. :/ I am also getting closer to my Silver Base. I have 59 Tokens. :) Four silver crowns and eleven bronze crowns.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Pretty successful day today! :D I got two Sensei's and several more Mojo's. My points and gold rejoice. ;) I got some more Rumble and Onyx Gorgonzola out of my Unstable Curd so I will head back to the Pinnacle Chamber later but right now I'm trying to catch the SB+ mice in the Training Grounds. Might do a Lab tourney tomorrow afternoon. Am thinking that I might head back and grab some of the mice I've been missing while I wait to level up to Legendary; I need to head to the Mountain anyway since I forgot to buy Charmbit. ;))

I'd be correct in assuming that my order of trap/map buys would be Obelisk of Slumber > ACRONYM > SS Huntington III > Digby Drillbot? Or is there another trap between the SS Huntington and the DDB. I can't remember if I'm supposed to be getting a new Shadow trap soon or not. :P
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jun 13, 2012 5:35 am

You rocked the game yesterday Gymmie, way to go! And MEGA-congrats on those two Senseis. When he was first released, I went in there with the Horrific Venus Mouse Trap and Magma Base and ftced him 33 times before I got him finally. He's not an easy mouse to catch and you caught two with the Ambush. ;))

Gymmie wrote:I'd be correct in assuming that my order of trap/map buys would be Obelisk of Slumber > ACRONYM > SS Huntington III > Digby Drillbot?
Your first three are correct. But then I'd go with one of the Hydro traps instead of the Drillbot. I'd start with the Net Cannon. If you don't like it you can smash it, stick your trap parts in crafting, and turn it into the Harpoon Gun. ;)
Although I don't know how much gold you made from selling SB, I haven't looked, so maybe you have more than enough to go ahead and buy the Drillbot and have it ready to go for when you need it. ;) ;))

I am now the proud owner of the Mark III, all four Iceburg bases (just crafted the Hearthstone), and the Ice Drill Mk. III, soooo... I think that's it.
All I need now are the two remaining mice, and the treasure chest, then I'm done with the Iceburg til the next patch.
The treasure chest I'm determined to get this run because I can use 7 drill charges and I have 11 of 'em so that chest is mine!! :P ;))
My team is continuing to do Iceburg and Slushy tournaments so I'll be returning to the area to do those, but after the tournament today, I'm gonna head to the Seasonal Garden for a bit to finally max out my amplifier and then I'm gonna head back to the Fiery Warpath. :)

ETA: Ok, I see there's another Ice Drill upgrade I need. Low on War Scraps so I'll be farming those during tournaments for a while.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:You rocked the game yesterday Gymmie, way to go! And MEGA-congrats on those two Senseis. When he was first released, I went in there with the Horrific Venus Mouse Trap and Magma Base and ftced him 33 times before I got him finally. He's not an easy mouse to catch and you caught two with the Ambush. ;))

Gymmie wrote:I'd be correct in assuming that my order of trap/map buys would be Obelisk of Slumber > ACRONYM > SS Huntington III > Digby Drillbot?
Your first three are correct. But then I'd go with one of the Hydro traps instead of the Drillbot. I'd start with the Net Cannon. If you don't like it you can smash it, stick your trap parts in crafting, and turn it into the Harpoon Gun. ;)
Although I don't know how much gold you made from selling SB, I haven't looked, so maybe you have more than enough to go ahead and buy the Drillbot and have it ready to go for when you need it. ;) ;))

Mmm, well, I'm closing in on 700k, but I know between my OoS and ACRONYM that's going to pretty much clean me out. And that's not even getting s tarted on the SS Huntington. ;)) BUT then again, I don't have enough points to craft the ACRONYM as soon as I get the scrap metal, and I'm not sure how fast I'll accrue points/gold in the Cats. Anyway, I think I'll hang onto my gold for a little bit longer. I'm still hunting MoJo's and Sensei's so I might get some more gold soon, lol. Or I could lose a lot too; who knows! Legendary is going to be a LONG rank to get through so

That's funny that it took you 33 tries to get the Sensei. Was that a normal catch rate back then? I used Prospector Charms for the power but other then that, yeah, just the Ambush and Bronze base.

I tried some SB+ only mice hunting today and it was utterly boring. :p So tomorrow I might go to the Bazaar and see if I can catch some more Burglars. I'd like to stock up on Guilded for when I get a more powerful trap to try for the Master Burglar; or do you think my Ambush might be decent enough now? I mean, if I can catch a Sensei with one... :p ;)

ETA: Make that three Sensei's. ;)

Have I mentioned that I am having the WORST time getting Students in the Dojo? Seriously, what is up with that. Maki and SB+ doesn't seem to make that big of a difference. I just want some tokens, guys!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jun 13, 2012 5:32 pm

No, you're just really lucky with your Sensei's Gymmie. According to furoma.com, with your setup your catchrate should be about 1/10. Right now you're about 1/4. ;))
Gymmie wrote:Maki and SB+ doesn't seem to make that big of a difference.
SB+ will not make much of a difference at all (aside from eliminating ftas) but Maki should. How many pieces did you try? I use it and I get really good student attraction.
By the way, when you get to the Crystal Library, there are going to be a number of assignments that require you to catch the mice of Furoma. It wouldn't be a bad idea to start hoarding some of that cheese and those tokens for future use. Just a suggestion. :) Use if you wish.
And if you can catch three Senseis, you can catch a Master Burglar. :)) They're a far easier mouse to snag.

Maxed out my amplifier in the Seasonal Garden, so if anyone on my team is ready to give the ZT tournament another shot, I'm ready. ;)
Back in the Slushy area (blegh... ready to move on). I need 100 War Scraps and I only have 19. But I think I'm done crafting everything there is to craft, so I guess I could smash all of the Wire Spools, Frosty metal, and Heating Oil. Still wouldn't get me very far. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby AstroWolfD » Jun 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Caught my first Black Widow. I had managed to attract her 3 times before, but this time I got lucky. Dropped 10 SB+ as well. Will probably farm gold in the Mouseoleum for a while...
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 14, 2012 4:04 pm

I swear the Dev's are playing a sick joke on me. ;) I caught three Sensei's no problem, but I've been hunting since last night and I have not got ONE Master Burglar. I've used SB+, Gilded and every charm under the sun. :p ;) I've attracted three or four but none of them were caught! WHY OH WHY OH WHY. :((

I really want that Crown Jewel so I can start on the Gauntlet, lol.

Oh well. Sticking it out in the Bazaar till I get that MB or I level up, which ever one comes first (hopefully the former otherwise I'll be here a LONG TIME).

In other news, I did get my first Silver crown today; a Steel Mouse! :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jun 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Congrats on the Silver Crown at least Gymmie. I'm chuckling that you're having so much trouble with the MB, but if I were to choose between having a harder time with the MB or the Sensei, I'd go with the MB for sure cause Senseis are awesome. ;))

Kind of surprised no one has mentioned the update that went through today. I didn't cause I didn't want to double post. ;)) But, they added one seriously creepy looking new mouse (judging by the shadowy outline) and a new base. The base is going to be in the same vein as the MSB for those of you who remember when that came out. They're not sharing any details on it aside from the fact that there are torn up blueprints and that it exists. ;))
And I'm assuming that's it for the Iceburg?

Doing an Iceburg tourny with my team. We were actually doing really, really good for a while. :)) We were in first place at the halfway point but then we ceased to be able to catch a mouse. :P :)) I'm still crossing my fingers that we'll get the top 10%, but it'll probably be top 25%, and it's the same amount of tokens so yeah.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Nearly done with my second run of the Iceberg one way or another. I have nine hunts left until the last chest smashes and I'm hovering just above Icewing's Lair. On both runs I've been catching and missing in streaks and the Mad Depths always seems to have more streaks of misses than catches. I'll either in the Shoreline farming trap parts after this or heading back to the Seasonal Garden for a break and trying to get the Key Shards.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 14, 2012 7:29 pm

I was in the SG for a while re-filling my amplifier for another go at ZT but decided to leave. Now, I'm back in the Iceberg on my second run. 353 feet - hunt 63.

Team, I'm going to move around for a while and pretty much do whatever so if you want to do any tourneys, I'm down.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah, I didn't end up getting the MB today. I decided to give it a rest and let my luck reset. ;) I'm in the Lagoon right now and so far so good; I've got a Hydro and a Harpy! :D And I got the blueprints too. So now I guess I'm collecting crafting supplies and see if I'm lucky enough for a Silth. ;) Not holding my breath though!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext