This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 08, 2012 5:31 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:@wolf, eeesh, of all the places to be farming King's Crowns..... :)) I admire your patience with the Gauntlet. I don't have it. ;)

Well thank you ;)) It is my favorite part of the game so far.

Two minor pieces of news. I got one more Sock Puppet Ghost, and
I've hit 80% Knight.

I've done some math and I've caught 258/361 mice in the game (including event mice). Also I currently have 36 Silver Crowns and 136 Bronze Crowns (No Gold Crowns yet :( ) This means there are 86 mice that I have caught, but not yet gotten any crowns for (including 4 mice in the Guantlet, the entire Dreaded Horde, and the 2 mice I got in Dracano). There's also an additional 103 mice I have yet to catch (including 7 event mice, the Silth, and the Dragon). Basic point I have quite a ways to go...

Currently the closest I've gotten to a Gold Crown is the Ghost Mouse of which I have captured 384. The Sock Puppet Ghost mouse is my highest of the Bronze Crowns at 96. Finally the closest I am to a new Bronze Crown is 8 catches, which is shared by various mice in the game (including the Paladin).
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 08, 2012 10:49 pm

I finished warriors just a few hours before and is continuing to kill some archers, half done with them, ill be done with wave hopefully near end of week or beginning of next week, then on to wave3

Wolf: I have never spent enough time in KG for eclipse, lolol
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 08, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm back in the Tribal Isles farming Pepper Seeds so I can make Inferno Havarti and hunt in the JoD. I farmed 20 Tier 2 potions. I remember fk saying, I think in the very first MH thread, that she thought the best way to do the Gauntlet is farm Tier 2 potions ten or fifteen at a time and then leave and do something else so you don't get too bored and then go back a while later and farm ten or fifteen more and just keep repeating that cycle so you don't get bored with the Gauntlet. I am one of those people who would get bored very very fast so I think that will be the best way for me to do it.

It's really nice to be back in the Tribal Isles. It seemed like I was stuck at 57% on my way to Lady for days during the New Years event (and in the Gauntlet). Now that I'm back where there's bigger and better mice to catch, my percentage is going up faster again.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am

I finished clearing my warriors yesterday. I was hoping to get my archers out of the way as well, but I kept getting interruptions from sand cavalry mice, FTA's, Stales, and even another pesky caravan guard. (There were three friends in the area at the time, and he still successfully added troops :P )

At any rate, I'll probably have the archers cleared before afternoon, and then I'll probably go after my remaining mages.

0-0-6-29-10
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 09, 2012 8:13 am

im currently clearing my sentinels, seeing as i finished archers already...:) just started, so 0-38-0-41-19...i havent really used commander charms here yet, by teh way, i have 6, is that good amount?
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 09, 2012 9:40 am

Wil wrote:i have 6, is that good amount?

It's not a terrible amount, and it's probably enough for you to start using them. On waves 1 and 2 I don't use them unless I've got a streak of 6. On wave 3, I'll use them on a streak of four or five (depending on my mood :P )

Finished off my archers, and now I'm close to finishing off my mages.

0-0-0-28-6
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Feb 09, 2012 10:31 am

Doing a Catacombs tourny this morning. :) It'll probably be the last tourny I'll be doing for a few days as I'll be afk for most of the weekend. (Too bad cause there was a two day Warpath Marching tourny which would have been perfect for our team. Ah well, next time.)

So glad to see wil and DiGs doing well in the Warpath. :D

wil wrote:i havent really used commander charms here yet, by teh way, i have 6, is that good amount?
If you've got 'em and you get a good streak, use 'em. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ramagut » Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Well, using my Soul Catcher, I got the Dreaded Horde and it only took me a couple of days. But, I'm ahead of myself because of the Crobot, so I am in Digby trying to get the two mice I'm missing and farming points so that I can make the traps I need to go to Dracano. I'll be in different areas probably farming points for a while.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Rachel, you do realise that your Acolyte mouse is next on the list. . . not Dracano. . . right?

Why is it that I can only catch Crimson Commander mice on a streak of one :P Caught another one, and the only mice left are my Sand Cavalry mice ;))
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby ramagut » Feb 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Actually, yes, I did, sort of. I was planning on going after the Acolyte Mouse as soon as I get the Ancient Box Trap. But I hadn't really looked beyond that yet. Mentioning Dracano was only because that's the only place I have open that I haven't been to yet.
And I have lots of time before I go anywhere since I'm nearly at 15 million points and still have to get a couple more million before the Ancient Box Trap.
But thanks for the heads up! :D
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

ramagut wrote:Actually, yes, I did, sort of. I was planning on going after the Acolyte Mouse as soon as I get the Ancient Box Trap. But I hadn't really looked beyond that yet. Mentioning Dracano was only because that's the only place I have open that I haven't been to yet.

You need the Acolyte in order to be able to hunt in Dracano ;)) It drops the parts for the Ice Maiden, which is really the only thing capable of tackling those mice, I believe. That's what Digs meant.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm

wolfloversk wrote:
ramagut wrote:Actually, yes, I did, sort of. I was planning on going after the Acolyte Mouse as soon as I get the Ancient Box Trap. But I hadn't really looked beyond that yet. Mentioning Dracano was only because that's the only place I have open that I haven't been to yet.

You need the Acolyte in order to be able to hunt in Dracano ;)) It drops the parts for the Ice Maiden, which is really the only thing capable of tackling those mice, I believe. That's what Digs meant.

Yea, hopefully you don't get my luck. From what I've read/heard, people say you should make farm about 160 runes: 60 for the Ice Maiden and 100 to make Runic cheese out of for the Acolyte. Hopefully it only takes you 100 pieces of Runic cheese. It took me over 250 pieces so here's hoping you don't get my luck.

In other news, I've farmed all the Pepper Seeds I can with Gumbo and Shell cheese. I have just six pieces left of Crunchy cheese. As soon as I'm done with those last six pieces, I'm going to head to JoD with all the Havarti cheese I have left to farm Fire Salt so I can make Inferno Havarti and hunt in Dracano.

Speaking of which, I need a Shadow trap in JoD. The strongest Shadow trap I have is the Soul Catcher. At this point, the only two Shadow traps I can get are the Gorgon and Clockapult of Time. All the others are either lower powered than the ones I already have, limited edition and no longer craftable/available, or only available to Lords/Ladies. And it will be at least a month or two before I level up. I'm only at 60% Knight.

TL;DR should I hunt in JoD with the Soul Catcher or should I buy the Gorgon or Clockapult of Time?
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 09, 2012 8:35 pm

narnian_at_heart wrote:should I hunt in JoD with the Soul Catcher or should I buy the Gorgon or Clockapult of Time?

I've decided to wait and buy the Clockapult of Time, though I believe Ram did okay with it. Ultimately it depends on how long it takes you to catch your Dragon Mouse I believe... Which you obviously can't know ahead of time, therefore it's up to you as far as I know... But you may want to see what the "higher-ups" have to say about it as they've actually finished both areas and I have not :P (Though I did make it through the Jungle of Dread, but I was using Dreaded Charms... so I'm not sure how it would have worked without those)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Wolf wrote:I've decided to wait and buy the Clockapult of Time

And I went with the Gorgon Trap. I actually got through the JoD without a great deal of pain by using it, and it's strong enough to handle Tier 4 (or 5?) of the Gauntlet. I don't know how well the Soul Catcher would do under similar situations.

In the end, do what's best for you. I wouldn't save up for the Clockapault, wolf. . . it'll take FOREVER!!!!!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 09, 2012 9:21 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote: and it's strong enough to handle Tier 4 (or 5?) of the Gauntlet. I don't know how well the Soul Catcher would do under similar situations.

Tier 4 is tactical, 5 is shadow, though I've found Acronym to work wonderfully in both 5 and 6.

Well I'm getting one of the two... What's the catch rates like with the Gorgon Trap?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 09, 2012 11:01 pm

I got clockapult, so yeah, when I jod, it was with gorgon I thinbut soon after I ditched it...clockapult is needed for sg
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext