This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby fantasia » Jun 07, 2012 5:56 am

Astro wrote:The GPGH are going to participate in that WW tourney tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a friendly competition? :D

We are signed up. :D I don't know who we'll have in our final lineup, I think there are 5 people interested and only 4 spots so we'll see what happens. ;) Happy to have you on the team for this tourny Gymmie. :D Although you may never want to join us again. ;) ;))

wolf wrote:Indeed- I feel I need to leave the Shoreline for a bit and do something less... frustrating?
Frustrating is the word that most definitely describes my feelings towards the Iceburg right now. I finished the tunnels late last night in 63 hunts. 63!! That was with the Mark III and the Magnet Base and it was by far my worst run through that area. So I'm annoyed this morning and if I end up stepping out of the tournament this afternoon so the rest of my team can participate, I may head to the Seasonal Gardens for a while to build up my amplifier so I can take a break.

Good luck in Whisker Woods today everybody!! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 07, 2012 8:03 pm

I just finished my second run through the iceberg. I nabbed the last two chests and got enough BCF to make Steam Laser Mk II and the Remote Detonator Base.

I still need some crafting material to get the SLM2, so I'm camped out in the Shoreline until I get everything I need.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 08, 2012 1:22 am

My amplifier is filling SO slowly. I was at 130% this morning and I figured it'd take me a couple dozen hunts or so and I'd be good to go. It's been over 50 hunts and I'm at 147%. I was up to 149% half an hour ago and then an FTA and I'm down to 146%. I really want to fill it tonight and then head to ZT before going to sleep (it's after midnight).

Anyway, /rant.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby shastastwin » Jun 08, 2012 6:18 am

I finished my second 'Berg run. I have everything I need to craft the Steam Laser Mark II except Wire Spools, so I am camped in the Shoreline trying to farm those. This is going to take me a while. ;)) I have 2 so far, and one of those came from the single chest I saved this run. My second run was actually worse, despite having the Magnet and Remote Detonator Bases. :( I hope I can at least save two chests the next time. If I can at least catch an Icewing, I'll be done with this area for a bit (not too worried about higher-level drills or the other two bases at the moment, and I'll come back for the Living Salt eventually). Then it's back to the Warpath and the Market. :)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 08, 2012 8:36 am

FBF Review

~More stuff coming to the Iceburg "shortly", including the "secret tunnel" a new way to catch the Living Salt Mouse, and something else that I can't remember what they said.
~Tournament updates just aren't the highest priority right now. They're still wrapping up the iceburg and working on bug fixes. When they do get to it, it will be a full team project with everyone working on it.
~They confirmed that the Magnet Base does indeed work in the Mad Depths, but it's a slight increase in attraction, not a lot.
~They hope to readdress the daily gifts at some point, but it's not a top priority, but it is on their list.

There was some other stuff, but I don't think it affects anyone here (like visiting MH HQ in Toronto) so I didn't bother copying it down. But that was about it for today. :)

My own progress, the break from the Iceburg has been very nice. My team did ok in the Whisker Woods tourny yesterday (ok = we placed), and then I went and worked on getting my amplifier up to full in the Seasonal Garden. I think when I left last night it was somewhere around 125%. Doing a Slushy Shoreline tournament this morning and we're sort of staying in the top 25% range so hopefully we'll hold that.
After this it'll be back to the Iceburg again for more pain and suffering. :P (Ok, it's really not that bad. :P ;)) )
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 08, 2012 12:02 pm

shastastwin, I've noticed that it's way harder to get drops in the Slushy Shoreline now. I was there for a couple days before heading to SG and I got War Scraps off almost every mouse but no crafting drops.

Finally, after getting another FTA and dropping to 145%, I decided to go to bed. I woke up this morning at 150% and headed to ZT. And I'm loving the attraction charms! Eight mystic pawns in a row: no FTAS or misses, that's what I'm talking about. I've never had that before when I wasn't using Attraction charms.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh yeah, Attraction Charms + WBWT is definitely the way to go with those pesky Pawns. I don't get usually get 8 Pawns in a row, but I would say that my average is 8 Pawns out of 9 hunts. :D So congrats on a perfect start n_a_h. Hopefully the rest of your run will go as smoothly.

Well, after my worst Tunnel run ever, I did follow it up with my best Bulwark run ever. (I think the game was feeling my wrath. :P :)) ) I liked the Spiked Base! I think I'm gonna use it in the Mad Depths as well.
Here's hoping the Bombing Run goes smoothly. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Jun 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Since my last post, I have looted a whopping 2 Wire Spools. ;)) However, we made top 25% in both of our Slush tourneys this morning so I'm closer to my Silver Base. I have 54 Tokens, so I'm approximately 8 tourneys away from my Base. :)

The "secret tunnel" bit makes me think of this scene from Avatar: The Last Air Bender. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Well I decided to take a extended break from the Slushy Shoreline and head into the SG to work on my next task and get the Sandtail Call to Arms (which so far have eluded me.)

I'm debating whether or not I should try a double run, then finish it with the chessmaster because my task is
-Catch 30 mice in the SG with ZFM (currently I have 27/30)
-Catch a Technic King with Checkmate (0/1)
-Catch a mystic King with Checkmate (0/1)
-Catch a Chessmaster (0/1)

I currently have 18 pieces of checkmate and am 66% Lady, what are your thoughts, upper ups? Is it to early for me to try this?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 09, 2012 4:49 am

Wolf, I don't think it's too difficult at all. . . it's just going to take a while. ;)

I'm getting really close to getting my SLM2. Just need two more frosty metals, then it'll be back to the Berg.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 09, 2012 5:56 am

stwin wrote:The "secret tunnel" bit makes me think of this scene from Avatar: The Last Air Bender.
"Why is your forehead so red?" ;))

wolf wrote:I'm debating whether or not I should try a double run....
I currently have 18 pieces of checkmate and am 66% Lady, what are your thoughts, upper ups? Is it to early for me to try this?

No one on this forum has successfully done a double run (to my knowledge), but I've been very close one time. The problem is, once you've caught the first King with Checkmate, it unlocks the Chessmaster. And then once you've run up the other side, you have to snag the other King with Checkmate, and so when you arm it, you have just as good of a chance of getting the Chess Master instead, if not better. That's what happened to me anyways, just the one King short of the full double run.
There is no reason you shouldn't attempt it when you start a run, but unless that first side goes perfectly, I'd just plan on completing the assignment in two runs. (Plus that would give you the chance of catching two Chess Masters. ;)) )
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 09, 2012 11:52 am

I crafted my SLM2, and am back in the iceberg. This time through, I'm keeping track of my hunt number, depth, and depth/hunt ratio. At the end, I'll put all of that info onto a graph. . . I know. . . I'm a nerd :P

EDIT: Currently having an incredibly awesome Iceberg run! I'm already at a depth of 340 feet, and only on hunt number 38!!! If I can keep this up overnight I could easily get out of the Brutal Bulwark tomorrow afternoon!

My graph is looking very pretty too ;))
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby starkat » Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

I am finding the remote detonator base far more worth it than the magnet base. I didn't get out of the tunnels until hunt #58. I ended up in the bombing run about hunt #158 I think and I've hit hunt number #209 and blown through 355 ft (@ 955 ft)in that space in time. It's not much compared to what those with the mark 2 or who are having better luck with the magnet base than I am are doing, but it's been pretty good compared to the tunnels.
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Either the SLM2 is amazing, or I'm having an incredibly lucky iceberg run! I'm getting through the bulwark pretty quickly, and will probably finish it overnight.

Currently at a depth of 482 feet #68.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby shastastwin » Jun 11, 2012 4:58 am

I'm slowly accumulating my SLMII materials. I need four more Wire Spools. I have a few extra Frosty Metals at the moment, which I'll be saving for my Spiked Base, and I almost have enough Heating Oils for everything left to craft, so after that I'll be smashing each of those that I loot (I've already smashed a few because I have what I need for the Mk. II and the Spiked Base). I have 2 silver crowns and 13 bronze crowns for the Icewing's Invasion mice.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I just wrapped up my best run yet with exactly 300 hunts. If only those Tunnels hadn't given me so much trouble because I made it through the other three areas in record time. Now I guess it's just rinse and repeat til I get all I can. Checklist....

~Get that third chest!
~Craft the Hearthstone Base (just need two more BCF)
~Catch General Drheller (he sure doesn't like me)
~Catch the Living Salt Mouse (will probably wait on this one til the next Iceburg update)

But my short term plan is to just get the last base, and then bounce back and forth between the Warpath and Iceburg (my team is doing tournies here like crazy) until the next patch is released.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext