This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Acting and Live Theatre.

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Acting and Live Theatre.

Postby King_Erlian » Oct 03, 2013 1:30 am

Last night's performance was better. Still room for improvement, but at least I got through my solo without cracking.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby King_Erlian » Oct 07, 2013 5:28 am

HMS Pinafore finished on Saturday. My voice gradually improved through the week, but the bug did its rounds within the group, so our lead tenor was suffering with it on Saturday. Still, there was a happy spirit in the show, and we got good audiences.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

We had a massive rehearsal today because it was the first day we were on the revolving stage...WOW. I'm not allowed to post any videos of it at the moment (they want to keep it for the paying audience), but it's insane. It doesn't work perfectly...we've discovered that there's only so much weight it can take before it refuses to turn, and you have to have the weight distributed in a certain way or it fusses. But it's SO cool for the show. Considering everything, I think the first rehearsal went pretty well and even if they can't get the revolve to work a little better, we will only need minor re-choreographing to make it work.

And obviously, since we're on the revolve, that means we've made our third and final move and are now rehearsing in our actual theater. It's all starting to feel very real and exciting!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Thank you so much Princess Anna :)

Coracle that sounds like a lot of fun! Has the show already begun? If so how was it?

I'm glad that your solo and performance went good King_Erlian.

I came back in here because my imdb page is finally up and all of my film credits have been updated and hopefully more will be added soon once I get booked with a part again. The only thing that has not shown up yet is my birthday. Hopefully it'll be added soon.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6026976/?ref_=rvi_nm
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Oct 30, 2013 12:32 am

My show has well and truly finished, and it was just long enough to be fun.
Now I will have a rest for the rest of the year.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby IloveFauns » Nov 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Did anyone see Jesus Christ superstar live on its most recent tour?. I recently bought the DVD( Mainly due to the people involved in the production). I missed seeing it live due to tickets running out and working commitments.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady Haleth » Nov 10, 2013 11:55 am

I recently saw a production of Big River, which is a musical of Huckleberry Finn. It was very good, and I especially liked the singer for Jim.
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Opening weekend for Les Mis was a success! Three shows, four standing ovations...we were all so happy with how it went, and the reaction has been AMAZING. We're expected to sell out the remainder of our shows next weekend.

Here is a promo vid that was shot at one of our dress rehearsals...it will give you a taste of what an amazing cast we've got! I'm constantly blown away. :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkj_SSeOE ... tkj_SSeOEw
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Movie Aristotle » Dec 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Got cast in A Christmas Carol at the last minute. We open next week. They needed a Young Scrooge so they gave me a call. Just 3 lines in an hour-long production in a small town, but still fun since I love A Christmas Carol.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Princess Anna » Dec 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Eek, sorry I never finished letting you all know how Shrek finished up! Anyway, we got standing ovations every night, except the first. (so, 7 out of 8. not bad, huh? :P ) I miss it, but not as badly as I did the first few weeks after it was over.

A few weeks later, at the end of October, one member of our theatre family died suddenly of a heart attack. I remember thinking "But... he was fine when we saw him during Shrek..." when I found out. He was only 44 years old, and left behind a wife and two kids (one in high school, the other in jr. high). :( So, we've all been dealing with that. He did SO MUCH for the playhouse, and was always encouraging everyone and giving hugs, and... it's been really hard. Especially for his daughter, Emma, who was a big daddy's girl. Luckily, she's still coming... and her brother has now started helping with lighting and such, like their dad. (at least he did for the show I'll speak of next!) I guess prayers for Vicki, Josh, and Emma would be great... and for everyone who knew and loved Jeff.

Movie Aristotle wrote:Got cast in A Christmas Carol at the last minute. We open next week.

Ohh, exciting stuff! Break a leg! Will you tell me about it later? (Young Scrooge is the one talking with Isabelle, correct? It's hard to keep track what with there being three Scrooge's [of various ages]) Oh, have you done any shows before?

When I first saw your post, I remember thinking "Funny... that's two of us now!". Yup, this past weekend was this year's production, of what for our group is an annual tradition. :)

It was really packed each time, so that was fun. Crazy busy, though... but that's what you get with eight rehearsals (seven, this time, because of the snow), followed by four performances in three days... all in two weeks time! Is it odd that it never ceases to amaze me how fast it goes?

It's a great "starter show" for people new to theatre in general, or our group. Mainly because of how fast it goes, I guess. Speaking of, we had quite a lot of newbies this year. I'm actually sad, because some of the people I met this year are moving. One family should be leaving with in the next month. :( They're gonna write me, though. :) I guess that's what comes of living in this area. (we have a ton of military families) 8-| ;))

And... I can't think of anything else to say. But have no fear... I'll be back! Until then, keep on shining and having tons of fun! Merry Christmas! :ymhug:
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Anfinwen » May 26, 2014 7:23 am

We finally got our tickets for Sight and Sound Theater's Moses! I really cannot wait! For this production they have added wrap around projection on their 300 foot stage and a stationary treadmill so the actor can run in place, plus gobs of other awesome special effects for the burning bush, staff to snake, and other plagues. If you are headed to Pennsylvania this year, I highly recommend it!

Image is from their website: http://www.sight-sound.com
where you can see behind the scenes videos, pics, trailers, and listen to samples from their original soundtrack.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby johobbit » May 26, 2014 7:28 am

Oh my, Anfinwen , we have visited that area of PA a few times (from Canada) over the years, but have yet to see a Sight and Sound performance. My parents, however, have been to a number of productions there, and can't speak highly enough of the experience. Enjoy!
johobbit

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 24, 2014 12:03 pm

...Moses sounds really neat, Anfinwen.

The last play I attended was Little Women; the script (or is it book?) was done by one of the production members and it was lovely. It's been years since I read the book, and most of the scenes I was nodding my head and going, "Oh, yes, I remember that!" It was so refreshing it is to find an adaptation (of anything) that sticks close to the source material while being suitable to the medium. The staging was creative and their Jo was so lively and expressive.

One of our local high schools is doing the musical version of Les Mis and I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Saturday. I've heard their Enjrolas is excellent. :D
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby johobbit » Jul 28, 2014 8:55 am

Popping on to ask Mel how the high school performance of Les Mis was this past weekend? :D Did Enjolras meet your expectations? As well as the rest of the characters/production?
johobbit

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 28, 2014 9:13 am

*gush, gush, gush*

It really was a lovely production. It turns out my sister's flute teacher was a member of the orchestra and another friend of ours was on violin.

I think every time I see an adaption of the story I love the bishop's character a little more. I didn't remember the song that went with the scene at all so it was like seeing it for the first time.

I wasn't all that fond of Valjean's voice in the first couple numbers but by intermission I'd become accustomed to it and thought he did really well with range and depth. (And he looked super good with gray hair. :p)

I think it had a bunch of nods to the recent movie--I certainly didn't remember seeing Enjolras stretched out the window of the barricade last time I saw the musical but I've seen that promo photo; and Fantine reminded me of the movie promos too with her really short hair.

*more gushing* :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby johobbit » Jul 28, 2014 9:39 am

Ahh, ditto about the bishop's character: he is my favourite character in that entire, wonderful tale. And how cool you knew some members of the orchestra. Live instruments are the best in a theatrical presentation! Really glad you enjoyed it all so much. :) (Gush away. ;)))
johobbit

PreviousNext