This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Birthday - Round Two!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Happy Birthday - Round Two!

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Happy birthday, Jo! :ymhug: I hope you had a wonderful day, and a great year ahead! :ymparty:

(That is an amazing cake, Wunder!)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » May 10, 2020 4:53 am

Thanks so much for everyone's wishes: SnowAngel, Ryadian, stargazer, coracle, Glimmie, Courtenay, Rose. :ymhug: to all.

Yesterday was a really special and fun day, even though my preference is of course that our kids could have been with us in our home, but we are sure looking forward to when that can take place again.
:)
johobbit

Postby coracle » May 10, 2020 11:53 pm

Happy birthday to Varnafinde!! :ymhug: :ymparty: :D :D :D
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Courtenay » May 11, 2020 2:06 am

Happy Birthday, Varnafinde! :) :) :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 11, 2020 6:06 am

Wishing a wonderful birthday to you, Varnafinde! :ymparty: It is a joy knowing you through the forum here. :ymhug: Having a lovely day in every way!

I don't think I have posted this famous cake here before, but I'm sure Bilbo will be willing to share.
;) B-)

johobbit

Postby Varnafinde » May 11, 2020 9:16 am

What a great cake! Thank you so much! :ymhug:

And thanks for the other birthday wishes, too! :ymhug:

I've treated myself to something else for my birthday as well. A present from myself to myself.

I've been to the Focus on the Family Canada webshop today and bought the seven Radio Theatre versions of the Chronicles of Narnia. As downloads - so nothing tangible, but all the easier to send (takes less than five minutes :p ).

In addition to the versions that are available for the player they provide, I am also exporting them as mp3 files, which can be played on other devices as well.

I don't know when will be the best time to listen to them, but I wanted to buy them on this day :-bd
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Courtenay » May 11, 2020 11:26 am

Varnafinde wrote:I've treated myself to something else for my birthday as well. A present from myself to myself.

I've been to the Focus on the Family Canada webshop today and bought the seven Radio Theatre versions of the Chronicles of Narnia. As downloads - so nothing tangible, but all the easier to send (takes less than five minutes :p ).

In addition to the versions that are available for the player they provide, I am also exporting them as mp3 files, which can be played on other devices as well.

I don't know when will be the best time to listen to them, but I wanted to buy them on this day :-bd

What a wonderful present, Varnafinde! :) I have the full set of them on CD, but I must admit I haven't listened to all of them yet. I love the ones I've heard so far, though!
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Varnafinde » May 11, 2020 12:12 pm

And I've just had a "surprise" birthday party - a friend of mine phoned and told me she could come, and if there was somewhere out-of-doors we could sit with the proper distance, she would bring cake!

We had cake, as there were tables and chairs outside the block of flats where I live, where we could sit. It was a bit chilly, but we both had warm clothes, so we were talking and eating cake and drinking Fanta for nearly an hour.

Probably the only time I'll have an out-of-doors corona-regulated birthday party ;))
Varnafinde

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 11, 2020 12:23 pm

A very happy birthday to you, Varna! :ymparty: Those FotF Narnia radio dramas sound like such a treat! I have yet to listen to them, but they are on my wish list, so perhaps I will follow your lead when my birthday rolls around this year. ;)) So lovely of your friend to meet you for an outdoor birthday celebration! I hope you have a wonderful new year. :ymhug:
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » May 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Oooh, I am so excited you treated yourself to FotF's Chronicles of Narnia Radio Theatre today, Varna. \:D/ :D I listen to them over and over and over, probably 2-3 times/year. They are exceedingly well done. Courtenay, I hope you can hear the rest soon; Rose, I hope you can own them soon. B-)

And your surprise "out-of-doors corona-regulated birthday party" sounds really lovely. How nice you and your friend had that (distanced) time together, enjoying each other's company and some yummy treats (mmm, cake).

Glad you have had a really good day!
:ymhug:
johobbit

Postby johobbit » May 15, 2020 10:07 am

Happy Birthday to Snow Angel! :ymparty: Even though visiting is limited these days, we hope you had a delightful and fun day with your family. :ymhug:

An angel food cake all decorated up for you to (virtually) enjoy ...
:D

johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 15, 2020 2:22 pm

A very happy birthday to SnowAngel! :ymparty: I hope you are enjoying a lovely day with your family, SA! (I look forward to hearing about what you decided to cook/bake for your special day. ;))) Hope you have a terrific new year! :ymhug:
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Courtenay » May 16, 2020 2:42 am

Happy Birthday, SnowAngel! :)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » May 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Thank you, ladies! :ymhug: It was a wonderful day, the weather was beautiful. I didn't do a bit of work, I just drank coffee, played games with the siblings, opened presents, and enjoyed the delicious vanilla ice cream my sister made. :) Oh, and watched two classic westerns gifted to me by the younger siblings. :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » May 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Happy (very belated) birthdays to Varnafinde and SnowAngel. Sounds like you both had very enjoyable days.

(And happy Syttende Mai to Varna!)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Varnafinde » May 18, 2020 11:05 am

stargazer wrote:Happy (very belated) birthdays to Varnafinde and SnowAngel. Sounds like you both had very enjoyable days.

(And happy Syttende Mai to Varna!)

Tusen takk! :ymparty:
Varnafinde

PreviousNext