This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Birthday - Round Two!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Happy Birthday - Round Two!

Postby johobbit » May 19, 2020 12:05 pm

WIshing you a delightful birthday, coracle, on this 19th day of May. :ymparty: :D Sorry this is actually a day late for you (one of these years I will clue in to this the day before in my time zone :ymblushing: ), but hoping your day was lovely in every way. Sending celebratory :ymhug: your way, my friend. :x

johobbit

Postby Courtenay » May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Coracle!!! :D Hope you had a wonderful day. Love the Bag End cake!
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Many belated happy birthday wishes, coracle! :ymparty: I hope you had a great day yesterday in your beautiful home country! :ymhug:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby coracle » May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Thank you for these lovely messages!

Love the cake!!

This year I spent time with my sister and two friends, after two years with solitary birthdays when I lived in UK.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby stargazer » May 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Happy belated birthday, Auntie! Glad you enjoyed your day.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby coracle » May 20, 2020 12:38 am

Thank you, stargazer! I did have a good day, and feasted on leftover birthday dinner today!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby johobbit » May 25, 2020 5:12 am

:D coracle

Wishing a ♪ ♫ wonderful decade birthday ♫ ♪ to aileth today! \:D/ It is such a joy to know you, my dear fellow Canadian friend. :ymhug:

You see scenes similar to this every day, but I couldn't resist a cake of the same. :D (Linking because it is rather large.)
johobbit

Postby Courtenay » May 25, 2020 6:34 am

Wow, what a cake!! :D Happy Birthday, aileth! Hope you're having a wonderful day.
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby GlimGlum » May 25, 2020 10:06 am

Big Happy Birthday Wish to aileth!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby coracle » May 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Have a great day, Aileth! :ymhug:

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Nellie of Narnia » May 25, 2020 4:12 pm

To aileth today, and to coracle last week, wishing you both a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

And I know this is extremely belated, but I want to say THANK-YOU to my dear mom (johobbit), aileth, and SnowAngel for your three birthday posts for me back on March 20th. And I really like those musical cupcakes, Mom! Thanks! :ymhug: (And to be honest, I didn't even notice that the stem on those eighth notes is on the wrong side - probably because the proportion of the notes to the staff is quite off! :p But the whole display is still really cute! ;)) And so thoughtful of you. :) Thanks again!)
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 25, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm a little late, but belated birthday wishes to you, aileth!! :ymparty: I hope you've had a splendid day! All the best to you in the new year ahead. :ymhug:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby aileth » May 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Thank you, everyone, for the lovely birthday wishes! (Nice to see you, Nellie!)(Not belated for me yet, Betsy-Rose, here in Pacific time)

johobbit wrote:You see scenes similar to this every day, but I couldn't resist a cake of the same.

You do find the most gorgeous cakes, jo. Most apropos, really. A rainy day today, with all the mountains wearing shawls about their shoulders; a sunny day yesterday. This was a good thing, as a bunch of us formed a cavalcade in the morning, and went up to the sub-alpine meadows for a picnic. The road up is something else, so we dropped off the more genteel vehicles at the bottom, and crammed into the rugged ones. Lots of deer, and not TOO many mosquitoes--scads of wildflowers, and, up higher, patches of snow for the kids to slide in.

Today, I spent recovering /:)
*whistles a line from The Old Grey Mare she ain't what she used to be... *
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby stargazer » May 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Belated birthday wishes, aileth.

I love the imagery of "all the mountains wearing shawls about their shoulders." It seems to apply to many of my visits to the Pacific Northwest.

(It's raining here too, incidentally).
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby johobbit » May 27, 2020 8:33 am

I love that you were able to go to the sub-alpine meadows for a picnic, aileth. That sounds absolutely wonderful! :D

Hearty ditto to the evocative imagery of "all the mountains wearing shawls about their shoulders"!

Lia wrote:Today, I spent recovering /:)
*whistles a line from The Old Grey Mare she ain't what she used to be... *

:)) (I can relate. ;) )
johobbit

Previous