This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you for all you do mods! You are all so wonderful and nice! :D Thank you for keeping the community clean and fun. :) Thank you so much and we love you! :ymapplause:
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kate » Jun 15, 2011 10:35 am

What a surprise! I don't know if I'm pleased or slightly afraid that our members know how to be so sneaky! Fortunately, I know you well enough to know that you all would only ever be sneaky in the cause of good. Thank you all for the wonderful surprise. I love the letters, pictures, and art creations. The video is absolutely wonderful and I can tell it must have taken a lot of time to compile, animate, and (I'm guessing) record the music. You're all wonderfully talented, sweet, and thoughtful and we're proud to belong to the same forum as you. Your earnest messages mean a lot!
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby violetfirekrazed » Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

Thank you mods, for everything you do!

I wanted to thank you guys for your patience with me. I know I trod on a few toes unknowingly, but thanks again for sticking with me and not just kicking me out ^_^

~VFK~
violetfirekrazed
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby johobbit » Jun 15, 2011 11:03 am

How does one begin? I am overwhelmed ... and somewhat teary too. In a verrry good way. Thank you for your very kind words above, all ye wonderful members. This mean so much to us!

Lady Courage, I appreciate the sentiment "NARNIA WEB IS NOTHING WITHOUT Y'ALL!" but honestly, if it weren't for you members, we'd be bored stiff and out of a job. :)) Seriously, and for those of you who missed this, you folk are amazing! :ymhug: Thank you for your gracious words, Lady!

Thank you, each one of you, for your very meaningful and creatively awesome posts above, as well as for the cool siggies and avatars. Honestly, we must have one of the best memberships anywhere online! And now appreciative PMs are even coming in. :D

Narnian_Badger, that video is fantastic. What a lot of work it must have taken to put together. I had goosebumps the whole way through. Was that you playing the piano (Narnia-themed too! :D)? So lovely, it is!

*gobbles down some delectable cookies from Melian and Elanor*

And Louise the First, love ya' back! And your poem wasn't lame in the least!

wild rose, such beautiful nature artistry!

Silver the Wanderer, what a beautifully written scroll!

Thank you, everyone, for your loving, sincere, and fun comments:
daughter of the King; Melian_Maia; DamselJillPole; wild rose; FrecklefaceJill; Elanor; narnianerd ( :ymalien: right back atcha' :))); Lady Courage; violetfirekrazed (I'm glad you've stayed with us :D); Narnian_Archer; ForeverFan/Fanny; Miss Rosario (Louise 1!!!); Lyneya; Narnian_Badger; Lil Ani; Silver the Wanderer
... and others to come, I'm sure. :D

It amazes us that you have planned this all behind our backs. Way to go!
:ymapplause:
johobbit

Postby Sonny » Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks to all the mods who make this place work! Special thanks to the following 3 mods:

Stargazer
Starkat
Sweeetlilgurlie

Thanks!!! It has been a good time, especially writing with you. :)
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Cherry_cake » Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

Thank you dear mods for everything you do!!! I have only recently joined this website, but I can already say that is most wonderful, and I am 100% that all of this would be impossible to create without you. HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!! A big round of applause to all of you!!! :ymapplause:
Cherry_cake
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

dear mods,

THANK YOU so much ofr all your hard work here on narniaweb!! we couldn't have this much fun without you! :D
HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!!! we love you all! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

*hands out chocolate to all* ;)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am

Thank you Mods for making this the best place on the web! You are all the most gracious, king, caring, and funny crew that I have ever come by. NarniaWeb would not be NarniaWeb without you. *hugtackles all the mods and hands them all a special round of whatever dessert (that's the right word, right) they please :D (Just in case it wasn't here's a piece of desert for you all too *proceeds to hand each mod a cactus* Please hold it by the pot.)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

To all of the Mods and Administrators: Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! Thanks so much for being the best team! I really appreciate all of your hard work and kindness. :D

-Nellie :)
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby flambeau » Jun 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Oh wow!! This was such a surprise! I spotted Vi's graphics while browsing through Fan Art this morning, and then rushed over to the SO and found this thread; it completely blew me away! Ohhh my word, you guys are incredible!! I mean seriously!! This could not have come at a better time; I didn't have a really great day yesterday, and I wasn't really looking forward to today either, but this thread and everyone's special comments completely changed that! Thank you all so much! :ymhug: :ymhug:

Narnian_Badger, that video is amazing! Thank you so much!! You did a simply wonderful job on it; the editing, the illustrations, and the music were all perfect! :ymapplause: It kind of reminded me of the VDT end credits; is that what you were going for?

wolf, ooh! I get a cactus?? I've always wanted one of those!!! *gingerly accepts the gift, taking care to hold it by the appointed place* :D Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Maia, COOKIES!! *stares at them for several seconds...* Yep, you're right; I do want them. :P

DotK, excellent quote sigs! :D I especially love the quote on the first one!

Elsie, I love the graphics, but then you knew I would, didn't you? :P ;) Thank you for your totally amazing and epic post!! Despite declaring that you didn't know how to say it, I think you said it beautifully! I was grinning like a fool! :D

And a big, huge, ginormous, THANK YOU to Elanor, Silver (love the note!), Lil Ani, Lyn, Miss Rose, wild rose (that is so lovely! Thank you!), FF, Narnian_Archer, Joe (very epic post! Thank you!), FFJill, Damsel, Vi, Sonny, Cherry cake, Libby (thank you for the chocolate! :D ), and Nellie!!!

I can't get over how you were all able to plan this without us knowing about it; it seems that the mods aren't the only ones who know how to be sneaky! Thank you all once again for the virtual goodies, the sweet notes and PMs, the graphics, and the surprise! :ymhug: :ymhug: NarniaWeb officially has the most amazingly awesome members anywhere on the world wide web!

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby coracle » Jun 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Wow, I am amazed at the beautiful creations and kind words.

I had forgotten about mod day, having been focussed on dealing with yet another earthquake (two actually) on Monday, and the effects on my life.

Blessings, hugs and roars to you all!

“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

A big hug to all our wonderful mods! :ymhug: You guys are the best. I really mean it when I say y'all are the best team of moderators I've ever come across on the internet. And more than that, you're just a bunch of great people! I've gotten to know several of you very well since I joined last year, and those friendships mean so much to me. The forum would be nothing without you guys, and thank you so much for all of your patience and kindness and general awesomeness! We love you all! :)

Gwendolen was the first person on NarniaWeb to welcome me to the forum via PM, and I've always remembered, because I thought it was such a nice gesture. It was definitely a great indication of how friendly this forum is! :) What you see above is about the extent of my abilities with graphics, but the amazingly talented lover of narnia made my avatar and signature. I think I'll add them to the post, too, so they don't "disappear at midnight." ;))

And I have to offer a big congratulations to Elanor and her partner in crime narnianerd, the two sneaky ninjas who pulled this extravaganza off. :)) You two are awesome. \m/

Have a wonderful Mod Appreciation Day, everyone! :ymhug:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Rising_Star » Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Wow, this thread is AMAZING! Thanks guys! Wow, I really feel loved. I love all cookies and the video is especially amazing. :D Thank you, thank you, thank you! :ymhug:

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby princess_of_narnia » Jun 15, 2011 1:19 pm

To all our Moderators,
Thank you so much! You guys are the reason this forum stays alive and is a clean and healthy environment for all of us to have good fellowship. Narnia wasn't the reason I stayed around, it was you guys. And a big hug especially to Djaq! I love you so much and look forward to the day we can sit down with a coffee and chat in real life.

Thank you everyone!

(PS to Djaq: Sorry about the poor quality of my graphics. But after all I totally forgot about this day and I'm leaving tomorrow ;) Very busy. :P)
Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl
princess_of_narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby malkah » Jun 15, 2011 1:24 pm

*throws confetti in the air*

Happy Mod Appreciation Day to our fantastic mods!!! :D You all are truly the most friendly, capable, fair, clever, hilarious team of moderators I've ever encountered online. Narniaweb wouldn't be the safe, intelligent, tightly-knit community that it is without all of you! :ymapplause: Ever since my first day on the forum and the welcome PM I received from johobbit, it has been an absolute privilege to interact with such lovely people, both as mods and as friends. :ymhug: Here's to many more years and lots more memories!

Time for cake! :D

the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics
malkah
Moderator Emeritus
The Invincible One

Postby The Jedi Clone » Jun 15, 2011 1:52 pm

:ymhug: HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!! to all you mod's and Admins!!! Thank you so much for making NarinaWeb a safe and fun place to be! Thanks sooooooo much to you all, I wish I could put into words how much I'm proud of you all but words wouldn't be able to explain what I think of you all sooooo, I'll just say.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Jedi
RL Sister to Melian Maia
Adopted Sister to Weirdo and Gildor_Inglorien
The Jedi Clone
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext