This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 16, 2019 7:43 am

Congrats! I'm now trying to win Death Match in the Capricious map, and this time the map gives you tons of all resources plus you already start with huge amounts. Only 2 enemy civs this time though.

And does anyone here own one of those NES/SNES mini consoles? Been thinking about getting them, but would like more opinions before I do. Not interested in the PS Classic one, only game on there I'd bother with is FFVII and I already have the original and the Steam version, so no need to waste the money.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Jan 17, 2019 6:17 am

I would try Capricious only if I knew there would be tons of resources...
I tried a Death Match against 3 AI civs (all different teams), and it didn't go well. At one point the other civs were literally fighting each other for the privilege of destroying me :(
One civ burned part of my town, then another came and chased them away.... only to turn on me. :((
Sorry I know nothing about those consoles.... anybody else wanna answer this question?
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 17, 2019 9:00 am

Oh I just keep quitting and starting a new game until it's tons of resources one. There are other scenarios in the Custom option that are alot of a fun, like the two Sherwood Forest ones, the Graveyards(for Halloween), Dingos(which means instead of wolves or jaguars you've got pack of wild dogs to deal with). Metropolis like I said is when you and all the other civs start out with 3 town centers and the requisite amount of villagers and scout cavalry for each one. I thought it would be easier since I could have one town center be used for advancing while the other two could pop out more villagers, but the enemy has the same perks and you have to defeat them all to win. Oh but you can't do any of the Custom maps in Wonder Race game, found that out to my disappointment last night.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Jan 17, 2019 10:25 am

Does graveyard look like what I think it does? 8-x
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

There are tombstones everywhere, and crosses...can't remember if there are actual bones and ghosts too...oh and dead trees meant to look spooky.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Jan 17, 2019 4:50 pm

I gotta do that one! Does it have any special resource bonuses and stuff like that, or is it just a different look? ( I guess I'll find out anyway...)
Metropolis also sounds extremely fun just because of the power. I don't think it would bother me at all that the enemy has the same ability...
So thanks! I now have a full agenda! :D
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Just a different look, haven't played it in a while, but if I remember, the stone deposits each only have 3 pieces but there's plenty of them. Not sure if the gold was the same way.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Jan 18, 2019 4:32 am

Ok , I tried graveyards... there are bones, but no ghosts, and it's not quite as dark as I was expecting; I ended up just mining the gold since I was in Death Match , and it seems to have normal amounts in each pile.
I played with an AI ally against two AI enemies and went for a Dark Age militia rush since I was the Huns... and it worked again! I smashed one AI and joined my ally's attack on the other one, burning down both towns in about 11 minutes!! :-bd :)) :ympeace: \:D/
I want to try your aggressive fortification strategy sometime to see if I can figure it out.
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 18, 2019 7:45 am

I was hoping AoE3 would have had more custom scenarios like graveyards and pilgrims and such with better graphics...I don't know if I'll bring myself to play it again. It doesn't seem to have the freedom of the first 2 games where you're on a map and just have to best the enemy however you chose. It boxes you into stuff and has that stupid objectives and home city stuff. I'm not happy with Civ 3 either, because it doesn't have the ruins to search that can get you advances without having to research them. Haven't played 4-6 for the civ series though. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the older games had prettier colors and better gameplay imo. Newer doesn't always mean improved these days.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Jan 18, 2019 8:32 am

I actually started with Aoe 3, but before I even played Aoe2 i knew I'd like it better just because it was medieval. The battles are a little more realistic in age 2, I find, because coordination among your units is really the key to victory. That and having a bigger army. :D
Age 3 doesn't seem to give you that. It just focuses on numbers and upgrades, whereas anyone who studies history knows that smaller, less equipped forces have won out often in the past.
I played civ 4 a bit last year, but I don't remember enough about my experience with civ 2 to make any meaningful comparisons. Maybe I'll have to resurrect that game sometime...
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Well my game playing is gonna be minimized for the next week or so, been hit with an early spring cleaning frenzy...early as in it's not even spring for around two more months! 8-} B-)
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 18, 2019 9:43 pm

I've been working on my way through Splinter Cell: Conviction in the evenings. This is my third or fourth time playing through Conviction. Can't believe how much I like playing Splinter Cell. :D I tried to talk my younger sister into playing the coop campaign, so far I have not been successful. And since I am enjoying Conviction so much that's got me thinking about getting Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the 360.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Cleander » Jan 19, 2019 9:04 am

Stuff is gonna be crazy with my classes for a short while to come (I'm in college), so my gaming may be somewhat inhibited as well. See ya 'round, Kalta!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 20, 2019 12:00 pm

What is Splinter Cell, SnowAngel? I mean what genre of game?

Would have replied before now but home internet suddenly went wonky. And it's dialup, that really never happens. But we're thinking of getting satellite internet in April.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Jan 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Is anyone currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2? If so I would love to discuss it. I just finished chapter 4 on story mode and WOW... this game is so detailed. As much as I enjoyed the first one, I have to say this one is my favorite of the 2. I have grown attached to Arthur Morgan and his world, just as I would have watching a movie or reading a book.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 31, 2019 2:20 pm

I think I've heard of that game. Not positive, but it sounds familiar.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext