This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Shadowlander » Aug 01, 2015 6:04 pm

:)) I have some for my XBox 360 but sadly none for the PC. *However* I can foresee downloading one or two if it finally means a multiplayer game. I'm quite rusty though, so take it easy on the old man. :P
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby SnowAngel » Aug 03, 2015 11:54 am

Shadowlander wrote::)) I have some for my XBox 360 but sadly none for the PC. *However* I can foresee downloading one or two if it finally means a multiplayer game. I'm quite rusty though, so take it easy on the old man. :P
I can try, but I can't promise anything. In spite of my granddad always telling me it's just a game (usually referring to cards and board games) and whether it's good or bad to have this character trait - I did inherited the family gene of playing to win at everything. ;)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Aug 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I finally beat Half Life 2!!! B-) :D :p And now it's on to Bad Company 2! ;)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Shadowlander » Aug 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I salute you, ma'am!

*SnowAngel is now HARDCORE Achievement* 500 pts.

B-)
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby SnowAngel » Sep 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Shadowlander wrote:I salute you, ma'am!

*SnowAngel is now HARDCORE Achievement* 500 pts.

B-)
Thanks, old man! ;)

Well, now I have gotten myself stuck in Bad Company 2, I think I might have to ask my brother for help (that means to play this part for me). Very irritating, I don't like asking for help.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby NarnianMonkey » Sep 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Looks like nobody's been posting in this thread recently...

So, anybody else here own a Wii U, by any chance?
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Arwenel » Nov 01, 2015 11:51 am

NarnianMonkey: nope. Just a regular Wii, a PS3 and a PS4.

Has anyone here played Undertale? I finished it the other day. It's ... well, it's very interesting. I'm still trying to fit my thoughts on it into words.

Side question, does anyone else here watch Let's Players?
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby NarnianMonkey » Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! I watch some let's players! :D

Mind you, there are certain, specific ones that I tend to watch more than others, but I do watch them nonetheless. :)

They can sometimes be pretty good at telling whether or not a game is something you will like, actually, though they probably shouldn't be your only source of info on that if you can get any other info elsewhere, and they probably shouldn't be your source of info on games that are rather story-heavy if you care about spoilers (and, in the event the game is basically ALL story, spoiling the point of the game itself). And that's just reason #1 for watching them!

Reason #2 is that they can sometimes be fun/funny to watch. Reason #3 is that they can sometimes pull off impressive stunts that are really fun to watch. There are, of course, a zillion other reasons I could mention, but I'd rather not make this post any longer than it already is. XD

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 01, 2016 9:08 am

I finished replaying Portal last night... "Still Alive" is still rockin'. \m/ I had forgotten how to solve all of the puzzles, but the techniques that I learned from it and its sequel must've stuck because I got through the game pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to replaying Portal 2 (and revisiting its characters ;))), but I was hoping to thoroughly discombobulate the puzzle-solving regions of my brain first... on that note, has anyone played the community-made mod Portal Stories: Mel? I've heard that the puzzles are challenging, but I don't want them to be so hard that Portal 2 seems easy by comparison.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby NarnianMonkey » Oct 06, 2016 8:24 am

I haven't played Portal Stories: Mel, but I have played Portal 2. From my experience, Portal 2 is a lot easier on a second run through it, even if it has been a while since you've last solved the puzzles, and while Portal Stories: Mel may re-familiarize you with the mechanics, you'll probably find Portal 2 to be a bit on the easy side whether or not you play Portal Stories: Mel first.

Of course, as someone who hasn't played Portal Stories: Mel, I could be wrong, but that's just what I'm guessing.

NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 06, 2016 10:23 am

^Thanks for your thoughts, Monkey! I think I've decided on just going ahead with Portal 2 next and trying Portal Stories: Mel sometime later on, since I remembered that the sequel introduces a few Aperture Science innovations that aren't in the first game and it would be better if I went into playing Portal 2 still "rusty" with using those.

I'm looking forward to catching up with Wheatley, GLaDOS, Cave Johnson and Caroline soon. ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby fantasia » Nov 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Mmmm... Portal. My husband and I had been working through the two player Portal 2 campaign a few years ago when my son's early arrival put it on hold. I do rather miss that game, it was a lot of fun.

I never jumped on the Pokemon Go! bandwagon. The last thing I needed was a way to get myself killed while driving around trying to catch a pokemon LOL.
But I just saw that Nintendo is releasing Super Mario Run for apple products in December and for Android in the future. I'll have to wait for the Android release, but I have had multiple conversations with my husband as to why on earth these big gaming companies don't take advantage of the app plantforms. ...and now they are. :D I'll have to snag myself some Super Mario when it comes out. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby NarnianMonkey » Nov 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Yeah, Super Mario Run looks rather promising, but I will also have to wait on the Android release.

As for Pokemon Go, I also haven't played it yet, but that's less because of concerns of playing while driving (you can't even play the game properly while driving at proper driving speeds, from my understanding, since it detects when you go above 15MPH), and more because I have an Android tablet rather than an Android phone, and it's not exactly compatible with it. XD

NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shawna » Nov 20, 2016 8:33 am

I have a Wii U, and I enjoy it. Now they've got the Switch coming out soon, and it looks pretty interesting. I may get that when it comes out.

I'm currently playing a lot of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
author webpage: http://shawnacanon.com
Shawna
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby mm1991 » Dec 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Does anyone play Stardew Valley? I'm obsessed with it! I started a few months ago but I tried doing too much too quickly, I got burntout and stopped playing.
Now I started a new farm and I'm just playing it slowly, taking my time, not rushing. I'm in Spring, Year 2.

I only have a laptop so I can't play more intense games. I'm super sad that my little laptop can't handle Overwatch. I love watching other people play it on Twitch and I just want a chance to play it too someday. :((
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Mar 03, 2017 6:27 pm

My niece sat in line for 8 hours last night and got herself a Switch and Breath of the Wild. I'm a little jealous, especially since I'm sick today and you can only look at FB so many times before going crazy. :)) Playing Zelda would have been a nice break.

Anybody else getting one? We will eventually I'm sure, but we won't be sitting in line for 8 hours. ;) (We did wait an hour for the Wii when it came out, sooooo... I can't say much :P )
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext