This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

I play mostly on PC but occasionally I'll play board games.

MMOs and strategy games are what I mostly play on PC.
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Trufflepuff » Oct 26, 2019 7:43 pm

I've been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic occasionally. It's a good one! You get to explore a galaxy full of unique worlds.
I'm a beast, I am, and a book addict what's more.
Trufflepuff
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Oct 27, 2019 10:16 pm

I know, its so fun they added a few new worlds to explore only a few days ago.
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Trufflepuff » Oct 30, 2019 10:16 pm

Yeah, the Onslaught update sounds great! I gotta try it out.

Right now I am playing as a Sith Sorcerer. :)
I'm a beast, I am, and a book addict what's more.
Trufflepuff
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Cleander » Oct 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Well, Skyrim has been my main game of choice lately but I'll probably be switching back to Age of Empires 2 pretty soon. Feeling like playing some wintry scenarios ! :D
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Oct 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Sith sorcerer is fun.

I've only played Skyrim once I enjoyed it, do you play Elder Scrolls Online too? Cleander.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Nov 01, 2019 3:25 am

I haven't played ESO yet, mainly because I just discovered the whole Elder Scrolls world this year through Skyrim. How is ESO different from Skyrim?
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Nov 01, 2019 6:42 am

Its an MMO like SWTOR so theres more players and missions. I cannot play it for the moment for its a very very large download.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Nov 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition came out two days ago! :ymapplause:
I hear the graphics are updated, as well as some additional nations and campaigns.
Sounds worth checking out...
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Kalta79 » Nov 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Oooooo! I'll give it some time to see what people think of it before I buy it. In honor of Thanksgiving, I have been playing the Pilgrims map/scenario on AoE II, giving Final Fantasy Record Keeper a break. Sort of.
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Nov 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Same here! I made my return to Age of Empires II (what I consider the undisputed king of video games) last week to let Skyrim cool off.
And I still have not tried Pilgrims!! :ymblushing: That is definitely gonna be my next map once I'm out of Scandinavia.
I think the most appeal the definitive edition would hold for me is the fact that the Serbians finally get their own nation!! (I'm really hoping their campaign is about Prince Lazar, who was the last Serbian ruler to resist the Turkish invasions of the 1300's and died in a desperate but spectacular last stand at the Battle of Kosovo. A very poorly supported family legend suggests that we may be his direct descendants! :-o )
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » Dec 14, 2019 3:31 pm

This is very late since it came out months ago, but the FFXIV expansion Shadowbringers is so fantastic. Probably my favorite video game story ever. It made me feel so many different emotions at the same time. They have such talented storytellers. And the music is epic, as always.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Arwen_Daeneri31 » Jan 02, 2020 2:26 pm

I have yet to get that expansion it looks really fun. I still am trying to get through Stormblood.
–C.S. Lewis
Arwen_Daeneri31
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby mm1991 » Jan 05, 2020 11:31 am

@Arwen_Daeneri31 I'm glad to see someone else here who plays FFXIV! I am on the Exodus server.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Jan 05, 2020 12:02 pm

Meanwhile, I got Pokemon Shield for my birthday. Years and years ago I played like the second game that came out where you start with Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle..... When I played that, I remember it was the time when looking up all the secrets on the internet was kind of a new thing, so I did a full walkthrough of the online suggestions, used all the best suggested pokemon, etc etc. And for me, it made the game not all that fun. This time around I'm doing my best to avoid looking things up, though I'm surprised at how much is coming back to me from when I played that other pokemon game 15-20 years ago.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Over the last two weeks my little brother and I played through Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and both expansion packs Spearhead and Breakthrough. It was his first playing Spearhead and Breakthrough. We had so much fun together, it just might have been driving everyone else a little crazy. :D Since little brother was on Christmas break from school, we didn't set a time limit when we played and we played through Spearhead in a single afternoon/evening. B-)

We might play through the early Call of Duty games next.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

PreviousNext