This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 15, 2009 1:35 am

Water temple the ocarinia of time- I can remeber when my brother first got the game he took 3 months to find this key in the water temple. He told me where it was so it didn't take me long. My favourite temple was the spirt temple, it was the most interesting.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 16, 2009 7:19 pm

I know this may sound ridiculous, but in four days, I beat Zelda: Spirit Tracks. For those that have played Phantom Hourglass, the game is essentially identical in terms of graphics and gameplay. There are only three similar items (boomerang, bow/arrow, and bombs) but there are also three unique items. I strongly recommend having a drink nearby when you play because you will use your breath frequently to blow into the DS' mic.

The temple set up is very similar. There are five temples along with a sixth 'super temple' that you keep revisiting. The bosses are also similar in thier game play, but they are more enjoyable this time around. The four parts to the final showdown is a blast, and I won't spoil it. But overall, the one thing that Spirit Tracks has over Phantom Hourglass is its soundtrack. PH has a lot of reused tunes, whereas ST has fun and unique tunes to each temple and boss. For fans of PH, ST is a must get. If you didn't like PH (in terms of graphics, gameplay, use of the stylus, etc) ST might not be worthwhile. I really enjoyed it and it is already up at the top of my portable Zelda Title list.

Next up is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. But I will wait until I actually get on the road Friday evening to start that (or I will do nothing else besides that between now and then).

IloveFauns, have you tried Master Quest? You might not like the Spirit Temple as much after you do that. It is the most difficult Temple in the entire series IMO.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 17, 2009 1:07 am

I did a part of the master quest but had to return it before i got to the spirt temple. still i like the feeling and sounds of the desert.

Also you mean ishould not play spirt tracks on the bus or plane because i will looks like an idoit blowing into the mic. I will not take it on the bus thanks for telling me.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 17, 2009 7:59 am

Better blowing into the mic than actually speaking into it. =))

On the Spirit Temple of OoT, yes, it was my favorite too. The puzzles were my favorite to solve (with the Mirror Shield) and the musical tunes were the best of all the temples. Plus the boss, Twinrova was my favorite as well to play.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 17, 2009 4:32 pm

The adult link temples were better then the kid link ones. shadow temple was my 2nd favourite. Couldn't you do the spirt and shadow in any order you want?. also their was that secret leavel where you could get the ice arrows.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I never tried to do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple, but I think you need the Hover Boots to get across the desert. And like you, I also liked the Adult Link temples better than Kid Link temples. Part of it was the quality of items. As for the Ice Arrows, yeah, there was like a hidden temple, but I was able to get it.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

The funnist part was bypassing those gards in that desert place to unlock the prisoners.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 23, 2009 7:24 pm

I am getting zelda spirit tracks for my birthday and i ahve been researching it to find out the storyline extra.

The storyline doe(their is one spoiler in this so thats why i had to put it in a spoiler box

Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. Apparently in the land that's now called Hyrule, the inhabitants had to deal with a vicious Demon King. In the timespan between the two games there was an epic battle and the spirits of the land helped take down this evil being. Though they couldn't kill the beast, they could muster just enough strength and energy to subdue him with chains and shackles and bury him underground. The shackles, extending the land of Hyrule in four different directions, became the Spirit Tracks, and the surrounding community used these tracks as transportation railways.

The game opens up with you, as Link – an apprentice railroad engineer – off to Princess Zelda's castle for a graduation ceremony where the honor of Royal Engineer will be bestowed onto you by the princess herself. As she rewards you for your service, she slips you a note, warning of the suspicious Chancellor Cole, and to take a hidden path and meet her in secret. She requests your help in investigating the mystery of the vanishing Spirit Tracks – she's restricted to her quarters, but needs your help sneaking out of the castle to figure out why the Spirit Tracks are mysteriously disappearing all over the land.

Zelda then presents you with a change of clothing – the familiar green garb – which will help you blend in and trick the guards."

I am really excited about this game. I have just finished replaying the phantom hour glass.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby fantasia » Jan 03, 2010 11:48 am

I gotta jump on here and say real fast that if you have a Wii and 600 Wii Points to spare, Bit.Trip Beat is AWESOME!!!!! lol It's sort of a throw-back to Pong, but with really fun music. ;) There is a demo available you can download so if you hate it, you won't waste your Wii Points. ;)

fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby TheGeneral » Jan 03, 2010 2:45 pm

My brother got me a gift card for gamestop, yaaaaa I'll be buying assassin's creed 2! :D

By the way, if anyone has the world war app., add me: HBGXHA
;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 03, 2010 7:03 pm

I got spirit tracks for my birthday. It is a good game but i am goign against most people and saying that phantom hour glass was better.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Jan 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Have you beaten it yet? There were certain parts to each game that were better than the other. PH has the advantage of being unique in gameplay, that ST lacks. The bosses are very similar in terms of style, but the one thing that makes me give ST the thumbs up is the soundtrack. PH has some good tracks, but ST has more tunes I like than PH does. Overall, they are pretty close to each other and stand up for being the best handheld Zelda games. They still won't beat OoT or WW or TP.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 04, 2010 7:07 pm

I only got it a day and a half ago so i haven't yet, I should of said so far. When i saw linebeck grandson first i thought he hasn't aged much. Also that game in hyrule town is that meant to be jolenes daughter or soemthing?

also anyother reason i like Ph better is because you don't have to play that stupid instrument.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Now you see what I mean by needing to use the mic a lot? I admit playing it is quite annoying, but the musical results are pretty sweet.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 04, 2010 9:31 pm

yeah when he brakes into it after you try do it properly 20 times. I can get th ones at the rocket right but the ones you have to do with those lokomos or what ever their name is are really annoying.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby waterkid72 » Jan 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Its been quite a while since I´ve been on NW!! Gosh, college really absorbed me... >.< Hi everyone, if you remeber me, I missed you!

Btw, I already played Spirit Tracks... I loved it. I was laughing a lot with it, and playing as Zelda was very unique. My only criticsm to the game are those horrible evil trains that torture you and that the graphics on the overworld look terrible, especially the snow world...
"Through vigilance and strength we create peace."

I just want to be hidden in the shadows... this silence; this cold.
waterkid72
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext