This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm

FencerforJesus, did you get it? :p
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Yep, and I discovered that there is a secret level after beating the 2nd Quest and beat that too. The secret level is a just for fun, "Party" level, but I've gotten all 121 stars on both quests. Now I need to decide what game I will play next, if I have time between my two major projects, Thanksgiving, and everything else in the next three weeks before Finals. I'll likely go through one of my Zelda games or Final Fantasy, but I haven't decided yet.

I might just wait until Zelda: Spirit Tracks comes out during Finals week (Dec 7, I believe is the date). It's for the DS and it will come in handy for my trip to Colorado right before Christmas and my trip to St. Louis for Urbana 09 right after Christmas.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, I loaded up Battlefield 1942. It took only about 5 min. to install *winks at Shadowlander*. I think that I will have some fun with it because I haven't played it in awhile: it's new and fresh again. However, I have a glitch. Battle of Britten map didn't install as well as some of the weapons (i.e. the Russian weapons). So, I play the Berlin map with Russian solders but American guns. LOL! Has anyone had a problem like this? Do you know of a patch to fix it?
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Wow, that seems quite a bit off, Watz...my recommendation is to either find the game developer's website and download the latest patch, or conversely you could always do it at www.fileplanet.com. That's where I went within 2 minutes of completing the installation. Got the patch, downloaded it in another 2-3 minutes (the site does make you install an addon, some goofy "download center"" that you'll never use more than 3-4 times a year), and within a few minutes I was on Wake Island in my shore battery hammering away at a Japanese cruiser. *snorts*
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh, thanks Shadowlander. that gives me a place to start. :) * =)) *
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 20, 2009 9:30 am

i just got Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for PSP. it's really fun, but i beat it in three days, it was still a good game though. i also really like Medal of Honor: Heroes, if you play on skermish you can just keep playing it, the maps are really good.
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Video game, glitches and Easter eggs

Postby LtCol Matthews » Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

I want to know if there’s any other cool Easter egg or glitches in any other newer games…
Ok I found the Easter egg on Assassin’s Creed 2 where you can us a violin as a weapon. look at my SIG :)

[this is a edit] sorry to evers above me i made a topic and i did not know if there was a video game topic. PS so sorry
LtCol Matthews
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Video game, glitches and Easter eggs

Postby TheGeneral » Dec 08, 2009 1:54 pm

LtCol Matthews wrote:Ok I found the Easter egg on Assassin’s Creed 2 where you can us a violin as a weapon. look at my SIG :)

You lucky duck, I'd love to play that game but it wouldn't work on my pc.

Siege of Mirkwood (LOTRO) is amazing. I haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like cause of being busy though. So I'm only level 61 almost 62 so far. The skirmishes are awesome!
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 08, 2009 9:02 pm

I am back on Zelda. This time it's Twilight Princess, a game I actually haven't played through in about a year and a half. So far it's the best one in the series and the game play is simply spectacular. I love the soundtrack and the boss battles never get old.

But between now and next weekend (a week from now) I need to get a new game: Zelda Spirit Tracks for DS. The reason I need to get it quickly is because I leave then for two weeks of traveling (to Colorado for family, then to St. Louis for Urbana) and it will make the travel more enjoyable (since I will be in a car or bus instead of flying).
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Dec 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Assassin's Creed 2 looks amazing. I've heard it improves greatly on the original. Pity my computer can't even play the original.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 09, 2009 12:19 am

The Skirmishes really are awesome. They're what got me up to level 60 at last, thus being able to use my Reforged Second Age bow that I spent a small fortune buying mats for. :D I finally got to play the South Bree Skirmish with a Fellowship tonight and it was pretty awesome. I'm still in the eastern areas of Moria (Deep Descent, 21st Hall), so I haven't been able to check out the Mirkwood content. I got a letter from Galadriel inviting me to come join the battle though. ;))
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 09, 2009 3:34 am

Zelda Spirit Tracks: My brother might buy it, there for i won't have to use my money or i will buy it after christmas.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby TheGeneral » Dec 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Bookwyrm wrote:The Skirmishes really are awesome. They're what got me up to level 60 at last, thus being able to use my Reforged Second Age bow that I spent a small fortune buying mats for. :D I finally got to play the South Bree Skirmish with a Fellowship tonight and it was pretty awesome. I'm still in the eastern areas of Moria (Deep Descent, 21st Hall), so I haven't been able to check out the Mirkwood content. I got a letter from Galadriel inviting me to come join the battle though. ;))

:D So you're a hunter I'm guessing? I have to say I didn't like Moria very much, I started doing quests in lothlorien as soon as I could. Yea it's insane how much XP skirmishes give, not to mention how fun they are ;) .
Do you notice that enemies pursue you for a lot longer time than usual now? Lately I feel like I have to run half way across the map before this bog crawler stops nipping at me 8-|
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 11, 2009 6:52 pm

On a run to finish Zelda: Twilight Princess before I leave my apartment for three weeks (I hate leaving projects, including video games, incomplete or unfinished until it is done.). Especially since my console games are not coming with me. But I have some new games to keep me occupied for a week at home with my parents, before going to Colorado and St. Louis. I got Zelda: Spirit Track and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days to keep me going for my trips. Zelda will be in the spirit of Phantom Hourglass, the best portable Zelda game so far. And I have heard good reivews about the Kingdom Heart series. Time for me to check it out.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 11, 2009 8:10 pm

You still haven't finished that?. If inished it like in 2007 lol. endless you just got it not logn ago. They will never make a zelda game as good as the ocarina of time.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Oh, I've beating it a number of times, on both GameCube and Wii versions. I was just talking about this play through. I like the Wii controls better, but I do not like that they had to flip the entire map just to make Link 'conveniently' right handed. Link has always been left-handed and being left-handed (playing a right handed Link left handed), the controls don't throw me off.

I always have a hard time deciding which Zelda is the best. Ocarina of Time has to be in consideration at all times, because it was completely renovating to that generation of video games. It was neck and neck with Final Fantasy VII for best game of that generation and it still considered one of the best games of all time. While it may be a personal bias, but I have always liked Windwaker and Twilight Princess more that Ocarina of Time due to the final sword-to-sword showdown between Link and Ganondorf. Talk about EPIC. But that's me.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext