This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Yes, Portal is a great game, if rather mind-bending towards the end.
I find GlaDOS to be creepy in a hilarious way.
Do you know if Part 3 of the Half-Life 2 expansion comes out any time soon?
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Shadowlander » Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

W4J wrote:Do you know if Part 3 of the Half-Life 2 expansion comes out any time soon?

I wish I knew. I check from time to time but it seems like the series isn't going anywhere soon. :( Just like Valve, they leave you at a cliffhanger moment and two years later release a 6 hour expansion. *sigh*

I've been kinda keeping track on the Black Mesa: Source, which is a complete redo on Half Life 1 using the Source engine, so it'll be up to HL2 specs. It's an independent outfit doing it, although they seem to have the blessings of Valve, but it's also why it's going so slow.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby briofthesilversea » Oct 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Ok, so I saw Elder Scrolls: Oblivion today for the PC. Does anyone know if it's any good on the computer, or if it's much better for the Xbox 360? I don't have a 360, but I really want this game, and I can't really get a 360 anytime soon.
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Oblivion is a good game but it is a time sink. I have it on the 360 but as a rule, provided you have a really good PC gaming rig, most games look better on the PC. But the 360 has achievements and a friendlier interface, as a rule. Give it a go, the game is definitely worth it either way. :)

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby briofthesilversea » Oct 10, 2009 1:09 pm

I bought it today! Thanks for the advice, Shadowlander! I can't wait to play it. I'm a huge fan of ES: Morrowind, so this one should be great in my eyes too :)
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Oct 10, 2009 3:40 pm

I've done one of the near impossible feats on Facebook's Bejeweled Blitz. I got a score of over 267k earing a 250k Medal, the highest possible.

Aside from that, I don't have time to start one of my other games. Once I start a game, I want to see it through, and I don't have the time but for an hour here and there on an occasional week.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lark » Oct 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I really like this PC game called "FATE." It's soooo addicting. The third installment "FATE:Traitor Soul" is going to release sometime this month. I've only played the demo,but I plan on buying it. It's a lot of fun!
On my PS2 I play "Prince Caspian","The Third Age", and "The Hobbit." I don't have much time to play them though. :(
On Facebook I do Yoville,and SuperPoke!Pets.
Oh,yeah,I also played another PC demo:"Dream Chronicles 2."
I need literally a whole day to play video games 'cause I hate to stop.
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 10, 2009 5:19 pm

I bought the lion the witch and the wardrobe on ds. It was really bad(graphics, game ect). I don't know why i bought it because all movie games i have played have been bad.Simpsons is the only one thats been good but that game came out before the simpsons movie.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby briofthesilversea » Oct 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Lark wrote:I really like this PC game called "FATE." It's soooo addicting. The third installment "FATE:Traitor Soul" is going to release sometime this month. I've only played the demo,but I plan on buying it. It's a lot of fun!
On my PS2 I play "Prince Caspian","The Third Age", and "The Hobbit." I don't have much time to play them though. :(
On Facebook I do Yoville,and SuperPoke!Pets.
Oh,yeah,I also played another PC demo:"Dream Chronicles 2."
I need literally a whole day to play video games 'cause I hate to stop.

I love the game Fate! It was my first RPG for the PC. Simply wonderful.

I'm having a hard time installing Oblivion...whenever I put it in, it doesn't do anything, and I can't find anywhere to start it, and when I click on 'run' on my start menu, I don't know what to type. Does anyone have any advice on that?
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Oct 10, 2009 5:43 pm

bri wrote:I'm having a hard time installing Oblivion...whenever I put it in, it doesn't do anything, and I can't find anywhere to start it, and when I click on 'run' on my start menu, I don't know what to type. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Hmm...you can try and sort of force it to boot. Go to "My Computer" and access your CD-ROM/DVD drive directly. I'm not sure why the autorun program isn't working, it should pop right up as soon as you put the game into the drive. It won't be on your start menu until you install it.

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Queen Swanwhite » Oct 10, 2009 6:04 pm

W4J wrote:Queen Swanwhite, I watched the episodes again and noticed you. Very cool!
I'm glad the cast treated you well and that you enjoyed working with Felicia Day. How similar are the actors/actresses to their characters?

Hehe, thanks! It was awesome, and I loved every minute of my time on set. :)

Felicia is geeky, like Codex, but she's much more confident. Jeff... well, he just seemed tall and imposing like Vork, but goofier. ;) Very laid back fellow.

Sandeep (Zaboo) is actually shy IRL (but I'd worked with him before, but not on a show I will recommend :p ), unless you get to know him, but he's still not quite as vivacious as his character.

Robin (Clara) is much more sensible, but still really sweet and fun. Vince (Bladezz) is probably the most like his character, only a little less... antsy? Not sure if that's the right word.

The gal who plays Riley (I'm blanking on her name now *feels bad*) is actually super sweet and nice, NOTHING like her in-show character. And Wil Wheaton was superb. Very down-to-earth, and willing to talk with anyone. Really nice guy... I loved hanging out with him. :D
...understanding is a three-edged sword...
NW Sis of Susan Pevensie!
Queen Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby FencerforJesus » Oct 10, 2009 7:22 pm

IloveFauns wrote:I bought the lion the witch and the wardrobe on ds. It was really bad(graphics, game ect). I don't know why i bought it because all movie games i have played have been bad.Simpsons is the only one thats been good but that game came out before the simpsons movie.

I played it on my brother's Xbox, and it was a one time game. Played it through once and that's all it was good for. I found this for the Lord of the Rings games as well. I have little regard for movie based video games and unless I were part of the program, I would seek to make a game that only lets the players re-live the action scenes in the movie, but also have excellent replay value.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 11, 2009 2:28 am

The need to make the game longer. Has anyone played the prince Caspian one. Is that any better?
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby NaiadWaker » Nov 15, 2009 12:36 pm

If you're talking about the Prince Caspian DS game, I don't think it's much better. The actions are so repetitive that it can get really boring, and the graphics don't compliment the movie at all. Once you beat it, you're done. I didn't want to beat it again; it was so repetitive.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Do you know if Part 3 of the Half-Life 2 expansion comes out any time soon?

This may sound like a stupid question but isn't Half-Life 2 an FPS? I love FPS especially the Battlefield series.

If any of you like FPS and also want an amazing play-for-free game then you should tryout Battlesfield heroes. It is a third-person-shooter but that didn't make any difference to me. Being an exclusive PC game it is not much good to any console lovers but to PC geeks like myself it is ridiculously fun. The feel of the game is more casual than other shooters so it rocks for the casual gamer well. You don't have to pore your heart an sole into the game to have fun and enjoy yourself. It is definitely a fun game and further more is the most fun free-to-play game I've ever played. You can check it out here.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Watz wrote:This may sound like a stupid question but isn't Half-Life 2 an FPS? I love FPS especially the Battlefield series.

Why yes it is an FPS (that's "First Person Shooter" to those of you not in the know B-) ). I have Battlefield 1942 and have enjoyed it a great deal in the past. I love the Wake Island map best of all, and the Battle of the Bulge map isn't half bad either. That Iwo Jima one was a beast, wasn't it?

There's precious little news is out there about HL2: Episode 3. This is the only news item I've been able to find regarding it. Apparently they're going to put a deaf character into the game who uses sign language. But since Gordon Freeman never speaks (mute?) I kind of find that ironic. No news yet on when it will be released.

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

PreviousNext