This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

MouseHunt Two!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: MouseHunt Two!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 28, 2011 7:20 am

I wouldn't go into Tier VII with anything less than the Ancient Spear Gun, wolf. It's a fairly painless upgrade ;)).

It's Autumn in the Garden right now, meaning that it's time for the Cackle Lantern trap. I've got my amplifier up to 43%. We'll see how far I can get sometime today.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 28, 2011 8:03 am

Well, the Jungle of Dread was...interesting. You were right, Digs, I had an abysmal catch-rate. Still, I managed to get four? parts for the Ancient Box Trap and a few fire salts and Runic potions. From what I can tell, that area exists only to pick up stuff for other areas in the game. Which is kind of annoying because you have to use a different kind of cheese for every single mouse.

Right now I'm in the lab farming RB potions and then I'm going to head to the Catacombs for awhile. I still need roughly 1.5 million points before I can craft my Rhinobot so I'm going to farm gold in the meantime.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Um guys!!!!!! *runs in and slams into the wall*

MH wrote:10:12 pm - Catacombs
I sounded the Hunter's Horn, but my efforts were fruitless. A High Roller Mouse ate a piece of cheese without setting off my trap.

What's up with that?!! :-o
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 28, 2011 7:28 pm

;)) Those guys are hanging around still, Wolf. Encountering one of them is QUITE rare, but not unheard of.

DOTK: What base were you using? I'm sorry that you didn't do as well as you'd hoped. Are you prepared to make more cheese, or do you need to farm more peppers?
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Well even though I didn't catch him I still got 1 Prize Power. (Didn't know you could catch high rollers outside of the event.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

dotK wrote:Well, the Jungle of Dread was...interesting. You were right, Digs, I had an abysmal catch-rate.
I was watching you when you went in there. You actually started off REALLY well. ;)) And then..... the usual catch rate set in. ;)) Even so, it still looked like you had a successful run as you got the types of mice for the types of cheese you used. :) Congrats on your four of six trap pieces!

@wolf, that's one of the two mice I don't have. ;)) Someday I'll get him.

wolf wrote:Didn't know you could catch high rollers outside of the event.
The Leprechaun is NOT in the game at the moment, but the Mobster, High Roller, Snooty, and Treasurer all are. Extremely rare, but they're there.

*wraps up Wave 1 on her 11th Fiery Warpath run* I bought 1000 Living Shards the other day, so the only left that I need for the Oasis Trap (besides the Oasis Bead) are the blueprints.
Interestingly enough, the price on the Oasis Bead is dropping rapidly on the Marketplace. It's down to 1,100,000. If I get enough money to buy both the Bead and the Blueprints (800,000g), I might do that. But until I get that much gold and then some, it's more Warpath runs for me. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Well I finally grew impatient and meandered into the SS Huntington II. I bought the Aqua base and I'm currently using it and my Digby Drillbot. Also I found that Brie was working much better for me. I caught 3 or 4 new mice one of which dropped the compass :D

(Edit I also got the sextant)
(Edit 2: and on my last piece of brie I got the telescope :D)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I wish you hadn't bought the Aqua base. . . the Candy Cane base is actually a wee bit better ;)). Oh well. . . . . it does look pretty cool ;). I'm glad you're doing well, Wolfie!

I forgot to change my trap this morning, and as a result, I did horribly today in the SG. It's now winter (which is my second favourite season), and my amplifier sits around 110%. I should have it filled by sometime tomorrow afternoon. After that, it's back to the catacombs to farm lots and lots of gold ;))
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 01, 2011 2:22 pm

DiGs wrote: What base were you using? Are you prepared to make more cheese, or do you need to farm more peppers?

I don't remember, but I was probably using the Candy Cane base since I use it pretty much all the time. ;)) I do need more peppers, but I want to craft the Rhinobot before I do that. And when I do the Derr Tribe is going down!
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 01, 2011 3:06 pm

*is collecting bases*

Besides the Candy Cane Base is an event base which I don't have :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

wolf wrote:I bought the Aqua base and I'm currently using it and my Digby Drillbot.
DiGs wrote:I wish you hadn't bought the Aqua base. . . the Candy Cane base is actually a wee bit better ;))
It's another 5 months before she'll be able to get the Candy Cane Base though. The irony however is that I'm not a huge fan of the Aqua Base. :)) I got it and it performed so horribly for me I just sold it back and kept using the Explosive Base til I could get the Tribal Base. :))

wolf wrote:I caught 3 or 4 new mice one of which dropped the compass :D
(Edit I also got the sextant)
(Edit 2: and on my last piece of brie I got the telescope :D )

Congrats wolf!! :D Clearly the Aqua Base is working for ya! So does that mean you're in the Tribal Islands now?

DiGs wrote: It's now winter (which is my second favourite season), and my amplifier sits around 110%. I should have it filled by sometime tomorrow afternoon. After that, it's back to the catacombs to farm lots and lots of gold ;))
The nice thing about winter is that it's the season where the mice drop the most gold. :D But yeah, the Seasonal Garden isn't exactly a cash cow. What are you working on getting money for? Just cheese and charms?

Dot wrote:I do need more peppers, but I want to craft the Rhinobot before I do that. And when I do the Derr Tribe is going down!
Yeah!!! :D How close are you to getting said Rhinobot?

Well, lets see. I am currently working my way through Wave 3. I started out by crushing the scouts. I got 2 back to back runs of 6, equipped Commander's Charms after both of them and brought down a total of 72 mice in a very short span of time. :-o And now that the scouts are done, I'm not catching much of anything. :)) Sitting at 32-0-35-47-16-8.
Oh, I caught my first Gargantuamouse yesterday morning without equipping the Ice Maiden, so that was a nice surprise. :) (There's like a 4% chance of doing that ;)) )

So Kat, I was gonna tell you about my husband's most recent strategy in Waves 2&3. He went in there and started with the Mage Mice because the Oasis Trap is his best trap. Got a few good runs in doing that too. I thought I'd let you know since your best trap is also the Oasis. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 01, 2011 4:07 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Clearly the Aqua Base is working for ya! So does that mean you're in the Tribal Islands now?
Actually I'm in the catacombs again... I made a run to get more brie (if you buy enough (I thing its like 10+) pieces you'll actually save some more gold if you use Larry's travels and buy it in Gnawnia, but I also wanted to do some more research before heading over there since I know some of the areas are pretty tough.

Mostly: what trap setups I should use in each location?
Which mice are location specific?
Are there any map pieces I need there?

Also I could still use a hydro trap, I did make a profit though.

And yes the Aqua base is working rather well in fact :D I was always partial to high luck setups over high power... And I think my catch rate in the Catacombs actually went up a bit since using it. (Unless I'm just having a really lucky run.)

Edit! Also how much ancient cheese will I need in the Forbidden grove?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 01, 2011 7:56 pm

wolf wrote:Mostly: what trap setups I should use in each location?

First of all, Cape Clawed exists for two reasons. To buy stuff. To catch the wise old mice from each tribe (three total). Don't bother to hunt there otherwise. :P

Nerg Plains: Tactical Trap (You're aiming for the Horrific Venus Mouse Trap.)
Elub Shore: Hydro Trap (Get either the Harpoon Gun + Bamboozler Base OR Net Cannon + Aqua Base, you're aiming for the Ancient Spear Gun)
Derr Dunes: Physical Trap (You're aiming for the Rhinobot followed closely by the Enraged Rhinobot)

Upon completing these three areas....

Jungle of Dread: Shadow Trap (Minimum Gorgon Trap, but if you have to farm Fire Salt eventually, you'll want the Clockapult of Time)

I would recommend starting off in the Nerg Plains. It's the easiest of the three areas, and it has a nice combination of points and gold. Plus it has the first trap that you'll be able to upgrade. :) And you will be doing a lot of upgrades... the order goes something like this....

8 mil points - Horrific Venus Mouse Trap
12 mil points - Ancient Spear Gun
14 mil points - Tribal Base -> Upgrade to Tiki Base
16 mil points - Rhinobot
17 mil points - Enraged Rhinobot
17 mil points - Ancient Box Trap
17 mil points - Ice Maiden
18 mil points - Molten Shrapnel Base
20 mil points - Clockapult of Time

So that oughta keep you busy for a little while. ;)

Edit! Also how much ancient cheese will I need in the Forbidden grove?
Uhhhhh.... you're going to be aiming for 160 runes. So however much cheese you need to get that many runes. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Well I have 20 runes so far from my last trip there, 2 Runic Potions (from I believe the Easter event, but I could be wrong), 423 Stale cheese, and 90 Ancient Potions... don't ask me how I ended up with 90 ancient potions.

Of course I'd rather use stale cheese since using the potions are expensive and since they have a relatively low conversion rate. I don't suppose any of you know if I could make a profit with the potions would you? Though I'll likely be hitting the tribal isles soon, but I'll be back in the area eventually.

Thanks FK for the advice :D

Edit actually that's 91 Ancient potions... :ymblushing:

Edit 2! Wow I really am liking this Aqua Base so far. I already made back what I spent on it and my catch rate in the Catacombs has vastly improved. (Oh and for the record the Ancient Potion count is up to 92)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 02, 2011 6:50 am

I have 689 Ancient Potions. That should give you a fairly good idea on how often I use them. ;)) No seriously, I don't think you'll lose any money if you were to use your potions, but you wouldn't make any either. Making Ancient from Stale Cheese is the way to go. :)

Well, I cleaned up the Warriors on Wave 3 this morning. Onto the Archers. :D
0-0-35-45-16-8
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jul 02, 2011 7:04 am

I made it to Wave 4 this morning. The Flambane charm helped me catch 3 wardens in a row. I only bought 3 charms because I didn't want to spend the flameshards for more since I wanted a monger charm too.

Thanks for that heads up on the oasis trap. I'll give it a go next round. For the end of wave 3, I had cavalry mice and artillery mice left. I switched to the super power charm for over night and had a better catch rate than I normally do at the end of wave 3. I had under 10 of each mice left. I think it was 6 and 4 or something like that. When I switched over, I hadn't had a catch in like 2 hours. So it was more consistent. I'm going to try it again at the end of wave 3 and see if it happens again.

I have 624 ancient potions. I think the only time I've ever used it is when I was completely out of stale cheese and I was in pursuit of the acolyte. It's too expensive per piece to use the potions.

I may go back to the Market after I get through Wave 1 again. Just for a break.

Edit: *insert whine* End of wave 4 and NO loot drop again! :(( :(( This makes the start of my 9th run through and I've only had one loot drop and that was the first one. I've used monger charms for the second time in a row. *sigh* /end whine
starkat

PreviousNext