The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

Postby SnowAngel » Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm

With two games left in the season the Mizzou Tigers football team is finally 5-5 after winning 4 in a row. And they can actually look they can compete. Would totally awesome if they can beat both Vanderbilt and Arkansas to finish the season.

I am not a basketball fan, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Mizzou does this season.

What I won't give to be able to watch more St. Louis Blues games...they will be on NBCSN next week and I will definitely be watching. :D

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Feb 06, 2018 12:44 am

Congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans for their first championship in the Super Bowl era. It was a high scoring game that everyone at our Super Bowl party found quite entertaining. 7-month old Lily Foles got a lot of cuteness points as her father held her during the post-game awards. And downtown Minneapolis looked pretty impressive in some of the aerial shots taken during the game, with lots of lights (many of them purple, perhaps in anticipation of the salute to local musician Prince during the halftime show).

A few commercials got laughs in our group, including some of the Tide spots that spoofed previous Super Bowl commercials.
"The eclipse will melt your spine!'

- Overheard in a telephone pictionary game, August 2017
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » Mar 29, 2018 9:42 pm

*whispers* The Blues are really hot, they have won 6 straight games including 3 overtime games. They might still have a chance at making the playoffs. :)

Looks like the KC Royals and the STL Cardinals forget today was Opening Day. 8-|

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Previous