This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Why don't you like the Cardinals, MinotaurforAslan?

I'm for a Tiger/Cardinals World Series too, FencerforJesus. And I, of course, want the Cardinals to be the 2012 World Champions. :D

I have been trying to watch all of the Cardinals games, but due to being away from home I haven't been able to watch all of the games. But I have watched/will be watching every one can.

I'm off to watch the Cardinals hopefully beat the Giants. GO CARDS!!!! B-) 12in12!
SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm

The Tigers are up 3 game to none in the ALCS. The Yankees could come back, but they certainly have their work cut out for them.

I'm watching the Cards/Giants game now, SnowAngel (or at least it's on in the background), and the Cards are ahead. But it sounds like there is some pretty significant weather (heavy rain or hail) soon to hit St Louis.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Boy Scout » Oct 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I am hoping and praying for there NOT to be a Tigers-Cards World. I'm a Brewer's fan so it's hard for me to decide which I like less. I'm actually the sports writer for our student newspaper, so I'll need to write on it no matter what the result. :p
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Oct 19, 2012 6:43 am

Well, we know the Tigers are in. The Cards are one win away from being in as well.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby stargazer » Oct 22, 2012 11:24 pm

It turns out we won't see that flyover World Series after all. Congrats to the Giants, who came back from that 3 games to 1 deficit to earn home field advantage in the Series, which begins this coming Wednesday.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Oct 27, 2012 1:58 pm

SnowAngel wrote:[color=indigo]Why don't you like the Cardinals, MinotaurforAslan?

They eliminated the Dodgers at the end of the season, beating them out for that final wild card spot. :P
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 27, 2012 2:25 pm

MinotaurforAslan wrote:
SnowAngel wrote:Why don't you like the Cardinals, MinotaurforAslan?
They eliminated the Dodgers at the end of the season, beating them out for that final wild card spot. :P
Oh, okay. I won't say I'm sorry about the Dodgers not making it. The Cardinals cut it way to close for comfort winning the second Wild Card spot.

Well, the Cardinals didn't make to the World Series this year and I'm so disappointed, but there's always next year. I guess it will have to be 12 in '13. ;)
I'm rooting for the Tigers in the World Series, but so far it doesn't look like they will be winning it.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Oct 27, 2012 8:36 pm

The Giants have taken a 3 games to none lead over the Tigers, including 2 straight 2-0 shutouts with tonight's win in the Motor City. They've won 6 straight post-season games and are one win from their 2nd World Series championship in the last 3 years - but they'll have to do it in Detroit.
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm

That had to be one the most boring World Series ever, but especially after last year's. ;)

Mizzou won on Saturday, they beat UK for their first SEC win. :) They're only 4-4, I had hope they would be doing better. But the injuries have taken their toll. :( I think Florida is their next game, not going to fun. :(

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Boy Scout » Oct 29, 2012 8:03 pm

I know that as a Packer fan I'm a little biased, but the Bears did not deserve to win that game. But then again, maybe the Panthers didn't either. Just an ugly offensive game for both teams.
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AstroWolfD » Mar 31, 2013 7:32 pm

Ok, it's OPENING DAY in the world of MLB! :) The Astros get the spotlight, facing the hated Rangers in the only game tonight. Their new jerseys look great, navy, orange, and white home unis tonight. And the game isn't going poorly either ;) So far it's 7-2 Astros, top of the 7th. If we can hold on, this'll be one huge win! So meany reasons... just go Stros! B-)

EDIT: Astros win 8-2 :D
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby stargazer » Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am

Ah yes, the return of the 'boys of summer.' Nothing quite like outdoor baseball in the spring.

Except yesterday's season opener for the Twins (in Minneapolis) was among the coldest on record, with wind chills in the 20s. Alas, the Tigers beat the Twins.

But I'm looking forward to attending a few games at Target Field this summer.
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am

The Cardinals are 11-8 after last night's win. :D I have only seen parts of three games so far this year. The only game I saw all of was Shelby Miller's first start, that was a great game. :D What I wouldn't gave to be back in MO and able to watch the Cardinals on FS Midwest. ;)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby IloveFauns » Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm

I believe that Australian television focuses way too much on sport. Half the news segment is dedicated to sport half the time. I am sure there are more important things to talk about than some guys getting sacked from the cricket team for not doing homework. HaI hate AFL I just don't understand the appeal ha.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby SnowAngel » May 02, 2013 5:59 pm

I didn't know anything about cricket or Australian sports, ILoveFauns, but I love baseball. :D

My Cardinals are 16-11 after last nights win and on top of the NL Central. Image They are currently beating the Brewers four to nothing in the top of the 3rd inning. B-) GO CARDS! :D

The KC Royals got snowed out this afternoon!!! :-o On May 2nd! Wish I was in MO! :D

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Aurora » May 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Can I poke my nose about the English Barclays Premier League to say COME ON ARSENAL!! ;)
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext