This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Things

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Things

Postby Princess Anna » May 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Ok, I'm going to borrow this format from The Pendragon. (hope that's ok!)

Book?
Have I mentioned that I'm a lifelong bookworm? This is a loaded question. ;)

-Fiction: Uhh... if I started listing them, we'd be here all night. And I don't want to be that rude. Suffice it to say, that the following are included: Narnia, Little Men, Little Women (yes, I like the other slightly better), The Outsiders, Bridge to Terabithia, To Kill a Mockingbird... I better stop there. If I don't... :ymblushing:

-Non-Fiction: The Bible (I agree, here. I mean, how could it be topped? ;) ) And maybe biographies (and auto-biographies) on my favourite authors, and people like Corrie Ten Boom.

Movie?
Again, how long ya got? :p This could take hours. But, I suppose I could list a few examples...
The Mighty Ducks Trilogy; the Star Wars saga; The Neverending Story; The Dust Factory; ANY Narnia film, past or present; The Outsiders; The Sandlot; Stand by Me; and many, many more #-o

Color?
Short answer: Blue
Long answer: I've always been odd, in that I changed my mind off and on throughout childhood and into adulthood. Finally, after always going between the same four colours, I decided they were ALL my favourites! ;))

So, the real answer is: Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow. (but the order switches) I also like Brown, Grey, and Orange. But purple is pretty too... I HATE BEING INDECISIVE!!! =))

Food?
Uhh... default answer: pizza ;))
Though truth be told, that's probably a cop-out. I like LOTS of different things!

Actor/Actress?
I've always figured the best way to respond to that question is: "whoever is in my fave tv shows and movies!" =))

That said, certain ones stick out above most, and I tend to follow the careers of ones I think are really talented. (or that just pick jobs that have interesting plots) :) Some of them, are: Ryan Kelley, Wil Wheaton, Joshua Jackson, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Barret Oliver, Gregory Smith... I forget the rest. *still thinking about which actresses stand out*

TV Show?
Again, I'm a sucker for stories. I blame my writer side. 8-| If it's interesting and pulled off well, I'm sold. So, again, I get VERY indecisive. Know that these I am listing in no way are the ONLY ones I love. These are again, examples.

Childhood: Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Star Trek (any, but mostly TNG)
Teen/College Years: Everwood, Jack and Bobby, Smallville
Current: Criminal Minds, Bones, Merlin, Eureka, Alphas, Warehouse 13... OH! And The Big Bang Theory!

Season/Month?
Hmm, there are good and bad things about each season. So, my gut says that I love all four. That said, my fave months?

June- VBS, Camp Pioneer, and helping with the kids show at the playhouse. OH! And friends coming home for the summer!
October/November- Halloween, My birthday, and all the fun things about fall (like apple cider, hayrides, and all the pretty colours)
December- Madrigal Dinners, the annual production of "A Christmas Carol" at the playhouse, Christmas, ice skating, hot chocolate, peppermint bark (and peppermint stick ice cream) and snow

Dessert?
apple pie (or cobbler), Ice cream, chocolate cake, ice cream cake, Christmas cookies (especially Peanut Butter Balls!), and PUPPY CHOW!!!! (aka what some people call "Muddy Buddies")

Band?
Um, does the fact that I used to want to be a choir teacher tell you anything? For my high school and college years, I used to say "music is life". So, again... I have an uber long list. Examples, though...

Bands
A capella- Breath of Soul is first. But I also like Acappella and Chapter 6
Christian- Lost and Found, Downhere (a newer discovery), and... *mind goes blank*
Country- Rascal Flatts, probably. But I like more than just them.
Other- Can I get back to you?

Solo Artists (I'm adding this, as I think you forgot it)
Christian- As this is most of what I listened to growing up, this could be exhaustive. But I suppose the main ones were: Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Amy Grant.
Country- BILLY GILMAN!! Others that are good: Brad Paisley, John Michael Montgomery, Reba McIntrye (did I spell that right?), Taylor Swift (what? she writes good songs!), Martina McBride...
Other: Again, can I get back to you?

Composers (again, you missed this)
Choral music: John Rutter
Best known ones: Beethoven or Vivaldi
Film scores: uhhh... I'll have to look into it

Song?
I'm sorry, I can't answer this one. There are too many.

Fave musical?
Again, we could be here all day, but these were the main ones...

childhood: Sound of Music or Wizard of Oz
in high school: Phantom of the Opera
current: Les Miserables

Animal?
Dogs, Horses, and Lions
(but I tend to like anything except creepy crawly things, and snakes)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Previous