This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Fabulous Fashion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Fabulous Fashion

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Thank you, I am hoping they will fit properly, the size did add up to my Australian size and the size of a jacket i bought over in the uk. If they are a little big i can always get them altered. I will be sure to take pictures, tey have been shipped but i won't be expecting them for at least 2 weeks.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Interesting jackets, ILoveFauns! :)

My most recent jewelry purchase was this necklace and these matching earrings. I love them, although the beads are smaller than I thought they were going to be. ;;)

I really want a new summer hat, wait I phrased that wrong, I need a new summer hat. I really do! :) This is the hat I would like to get: http://www.etsy.com/listing/102247320/w ... -hat-black But with shipping it's over $30 and I'm practially broke right now. It's almost perfect. I got a black eyelet newsboy for Christmas in 2008, and it looks worn now. I need to replace it soon, since I wear it to church a lot in the summer. I only have a couple of summer hats, but I have a half dozen winter hats. Well, I'll keep dreaming. :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 26, 2013 5:34 pm

It cost me $23 for the shipping of the lighter jacket and $27 for the other. I was willing to pay that much because I really like them and haven't bought anything expensive in a long time, since my 3ds i think which was in 2011.

Prices are always, well nearly always expensive on etsy, so $30 for that had sounds good to me but i own 2 hats both which are trilby's so I don't know what a hat of that type should cost.

I bought these for $3.50 each on ebay with free shipping to australia.

IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Apr 30, 2013 5:04 am

I am thinking of buying this

I just need to find a dress or something i can wear it with.

I bought this dress also not for the necklace but because i liked it.I am Waiting for it to come in the mail.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221180661504 ... 449wt_1163
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 15, 2013 1:18 am

I have bought a few items recently. Here is my most recent( I have started to really like this brand called hell bunny( it features 60's and steam punk/Gothic Victorian styles).

here are a few items I have bought from them:

I haven't got this in the mail yet( I ordered it about an hour ago). I am trying to think of a nice top to go with it.

I had to Adjust this one at the hem because it was a little short for me.

I have the red one of these. It is my favourite dress I have at the moment. my mum says she had a similar dress in the late 70's/ early 80's except it had a huge bow at the front. HA

IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Sep 28, 2013 5:54 pm

*pops in*

Well then, I haven't been in here in awhile! Lets change that, shall we? :p

I just bought two sets of shoes from Kohls this week. A pair of sequin moccasins, and some fashion boots. (My first pair ever! That's kind of embarrasing. :ymblushing: )

My boots had to be ordered online. They came in three colours - tan, black, and grey. I was torn between grey and black, so I ordered both to see which I liked most. They haven't arrived yet, so no pictures in person, but here is the link to them! What do you all think?

Boots

I need to take a picture of my moccasins since they're much prettier in person, but for now, a picture of those too...

Moccasins

I got them in the "Blue Multi" colour. They're more purple in person though, which is probably why I got them, because I originally didn't like how they looked online.
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 29, 2013 1:38 am

Am I correct in believing moccasins are bed slippers?. I haven't owned a pair of bed slippers since I was 6ish.

Also I rather the black in those bots but the grey is still nicer than tan. I generally do not like tan coloured boots.

Here are 3 of my recent purchases.

These were rather expensive but I have a few 50's/60's style dresses they will go well with and I couldn't go past them.

Another pair tuk shoes. Flats this time as I tend to wear flats way more often than heels. I tried to go for a different colour since I have so much black, white and red clothing.

I recently bought this dress and I love it. I have only worn it once(last weekend). I order a lot of my dresses online, since the ones In store are either too short, too colourful or just not my style. Shopping online you can find so much stuff you like. I have become an expert on size conversions. It is good that uk clothes sizing for women is the same for Australia and American womens shoes are the same as Australian women shoes.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Oct 12, 2013 12:33 pm

IloveFauns wrote:Am I correct in believing moccasins are bed slippers?. I haven't owned a pair of bed slippers since I was 6ish.

I'm not too sure to be honest. The description on the Kohls website labels my specific pair as outdoor shoes, yet many other pairs by a popular slipper brand are labeled as bed slippers only, so it's a bit confusing. :P

I'm not a fan of tan boots either. They just don't appeal to me. Also, I don't feel that they match many outfits compared to black or grey. My boots have arrived though, and I've decided to keep the pair that fits (which happen to be grey) and get another of the same size in black. They're quite cute!

To more consistent boot wearers, do you ever feel that knee boots need to be broken in? So far, with every pair I've tried on (and the pair I've bought) they always seem to jab a wee bit at my ankle bone. Is it just me and my bony feet, or has anyone else have this problem too?

Fauny, that dress and those shoes you got are adorable! I especially love the heels. They look similar to a pair of shoes I'm considering buying, but yours are far cuter! :p

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-142893 ... -women.jsp

I just found a lovely dress online this past week! It's a black sweater dress from Kohls. I'd love to have it! I'm trying to wait for the next 30% off coupon or for it to go on sale a bit more so I can purchase it.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-149518 ... rdress.jsp

I know it's a work dress, but I can see myself wearing it to college too. It's looks very sophisticated to me. B-)
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslansChild » Oct 12, 2013 3:43 pm

TheGentleWarrior wrote:...has anyone else have this problem too?

It's not just you TGW. :) I few years ago I'd gotten my now "Winter Boots", and the first few days I couldn't figure out why they felt to stiff and tight. I'd forgotten you have to break in new shoes. :p It'll take a few days, maybe a week or so, but I've since learned that if you take a plastic bag filled with water. place it in your shoe/boot, and then freeze the whole thing, the water will turn to ice, expand, and stretch the shoe. Not sure if this actually works though. ;) But I guess it'd be worth a shot!
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm

No, moccasin style shoes literally refer to the type of leather moccasins that natives Americans (and others) wore, and these days refer to a type of shoe that is typically leather with a bit of lacing and are fur or fuzz lined. Obviously the pair that was linked above is a bit more blinged out, but they come in many different colors and styles and are usually seen as a good winter shoe because they're lined and keep your toes comfy.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks ;)

If I get a new pair of flats(like the fox ones above) I always put band-aids on my heels for the first week of wearing them. I don't wait for a sore to develop.

I buy expensive shoes usually since they do not hurt my feet as much. If I wear cheap shoes, it is usually only to head somewhere for a short while or on a day when I ill not be doing much walking. You will never see me wear a pair of flip-flops or runners with jeans.

TGW: Those mouse shoes are cute and I must say a good price. Check out TUK shoes they have shoes the same as and very similar to those and the ones I purchased.

I recently bought these:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/146697 ... _tnx_image
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby MeadowMaid » Dec 14, 2013 11:35 am

IlF, the fox flats are so cute!

These boots would be fun to wear:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boot ... t-in-maple

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boot ... t-in-brown

Anyone know where you can find a knit dress in hunter green for a good price? I have been looking around but haven't found anything yet. :)

avy & sig made by Valia. Thanks sis! :)
MeadowMaid
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 14, 2013 10:19 pm

They are nice boots. I do like mod cloth(where I got my fox flats).

is this somewhat similair to what you want?

http://nabilabutique.com/save-price-cyn ... 00cpyrgs8/

I bought this dress recently:

I do like the colour of it and as I tend to buy way too much black,navy blue and red it is a nice change.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Queen Susan » Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

I love the fox flats and choker necklace that you posted, ILF! Very cute. :)

My favorite brands lately have been Anthropologie, Modcloth, and Free People... But I don't think I've ever purchased anything from any of them. Too expensive. :p

I'm very excited for Christmas gifts though! I purchased http://www.sheinside.com/Green-Long-Sleeve-Hollow-Pullover-Sweater-p-139870-cat-1734.html for a friend and http://www.sheinside.com/Beige-Geometric-Eyelet-Embellished-Knit-Jumper-Sweater-p-95569-cat-1734.html for myself on Black Friday, so I'm very excited to receive those in the mail. :D
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I amsomeone who spends money on clothes if I really like the item. I usually spend $60 on dress or more. They are however of good quality.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 03, 2014 4:29 am

I thought I would bump this thread with these awsome stockings:

IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext