Food for Thought (and Discussion)

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Food for Thought (and Discussion)

Postby SnowAngel » Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Our new oven was installed yesterday! :D My sister made cornbread and ginger oatmeal cookies yesterday, and today I made buttermilk biscuits and peanut butter granola. I served the biscuits with gravy for lunch, so good. Only had one problem we ran out of whole wheat flour and I had to use white flour for both the biscuits and the gravy. Grinding more wheat is on the to-do list to get done before baking more. I hadn't realized how much I now prefer whole wheat flour to white flour.

SnowAngel
Never spend your time in such a way that you would not
like to have God say, "What are you doing? - J.C. Ryle
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby fantasia » Jan 05, 2020 9:28 pm

My parents got my husband and I an InstaPot for a joint birthday gift (yes b-day, not Christmas ;)) ). I've tested it out a couple times now and am pretty happy with the results. :) I can't say that I've found it's saved me much time though, which is what my friends who swear by their pots have constantly bragged about. Maybe I'm using the wrong recipes. :P

If anyone has any InstaPot recipes you'd like to share, please pass them along! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Kalta79 » Jan 06, 2020 3:55 pm

I got an Amazon gift card as one of my Christmas presents, and I got myself some ravioli stamps. 2 different size circles, one square, and one heart. Also got myself some peat pots, and those will be used to grow things to cook with! :D
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous