This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Non-Narnian Graphics: Second Round

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Non-Narnian Graphics: Second Round

Postby ValiantArcher » Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

No comments right now, except generally (just came to answer a question or two). I've been lurking on the thread, though, and everything's been looking wonderful! :D

'Cept...Wunder, those mug avvies right above me are lovely. They're making me hungry. ;)) [EDIT: Okay, well, the ones at the bottom of the previous page. :P ;))]

Rocking4Him wrote: I hope I'm not being too bold, when I ask if anybody would help me? Well I'm going to ask anyway ( :p ) would anybody make me an "Avatar: the last Airbender", sig of Momo or good Zuko?
No, this is the right place to ask. ;)) I'm not sure how much this will help, but I went ahead and pulled links to all the posts that I could find in the previous Non-Narnian Graphics thread that had AtLA graphics.

There are a few sigs here and here that are specifically of Zuko. They were made in response to someone's request, but as long as the person who requested them isn't using them, they're probably open for you. :)

checkers has a number of assorted AtLA graphics here, here, here, and here.

MissAravis has a few assorted ones here.

Starsy has made a number of AtLA graphics, particularly some hilarious quote sigs. Found here, here, here, here, and here.

I also have a number of assorted AtLA graphics, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, more here, here, some here, here, and last here!

I hope something there strikes your fancy! :) If not, though, if you have some particular pictures or moments/scenes from episodes, I can try to come up with something, if you'd like. I'm a bit busy with classes, so I can't really look through pictures and try to find good ones of Momo and Zuko right now, but if you tell me what to look for/use, I can try to make some graphics. :)

Benjamin wrote:I thought I would pop in and comment that there have not been very many Avatar: The Last Airbender (Cartoon) graphics, in-fact non have been posted on Non-Narnian Graphics: Second Round.... Just saying...... ;))
Is that a hint? :P ;)) I haven't had much time for graphics lately, and I've been watching some other stuff lately, so when I do have time I've been working on those. But I've been meaning to make some more sometime, so we'll see if I can get around to it soon. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Ithilwen » Jan 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh, Wunderkind_Lucy, your graphics are always so amazing! I especially like #s 2-4. :)

Here's some more LOTR ones from me. :D

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

All graphics from LOTR. Anyone can use with credit. C&CC are greatly appreciated. Don't claim as your own. Textures made by me and Hyaline12. :)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Princess Anna » Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for all the lovely comments, you guys! :ymhug:
And as usual, you all are doing a fantastic job!
campgirl- You haven't seen Merlin yet?! You really should... it's great!
Anyway, I've got some new stuff to share with you! It's a two-fold blame thing. One, I love this film (and story). And two? I wanted some in honor of the blasted audition I have for this show on Saturday (at the playhouse).
*is a nervous wreck, so prayers would be awesome*

I'm speaking of none other, than The Miracle Worker.
This particular version is the one from 1962. Starring Anne Bancroft as Annie Sullivan, and introducing Patty Duke as Helen Keller.

Screencaps: made by me from my dvd
Textures: mostly by hyaline12, though some are from others. (and one by me)

The last two are up for mix-and-match, if you wish.
As always, comments and credit are most welcome! :)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Thanks to Riella for her advice!! And I'll try and have more soon! (of Merlin too!)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Benjamin » Jan 25, 2011 7:07 am

ValiantArcher wrote:Is that a hint? :P ;)) I haven't had much time for graphics lately, and I've been watching some other stuff lately, so when I do have time I've been working on those. But I've been meaning to make some more sometime, so we'll see if I can get around to it soon. :)

I guess it might be a hint ;) ;)) No hurry, since there are a lot of others that you posted links to. :)

Ithilwen I love the Lord of the Rings graphics!

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Princess Anna » Jan 25, 2011 10:50 am

I made one more of The Miracle Worker last night after that post. But didn't want to edit it in. So, I'll show it to you now. Hope you like it!

Special thanks to Riella for telling me how to do this! (aka make a b&w pic, color)

Image Image

And now for the really fun part! The stuff that has me all giddy right now.
(though part of that could be because I'm slap-happy from no sleep. :p )

Most of you know I have been working on novels, that I want published someday, for a little bit over a year now. (started November 13th, 2009) Some of you are aware that in March 2010 I started a writing blog about the whole process.

At first, I used a normal wordpress header and/or themes. Then in October (?) I made, and started using, this one. It had to deal with the whole overarching series. (aka The Stolwood Chronicles)

Well, late last night I went ahead and made a header for each series-within-the-series. :D

I don't know how, but I'm hoping that someday I can set it so they switch whenever one refreshes the page or something. But for now, I'm going to just switch them whenever the mood strikes me. Anyway... HERE THEY ARE!

Comments would be very much appreciated! :ymblushing:

1) Penalty Killers series
-this is the series you all have heard me go on and on about.
2) Pinch Hitters series
-it's about the dads of the PK5ers, when they were growing up.
3) Penalty Killers: the Bert Years
-books about when Tony's brother was still alive, and hanging out with his best friends. (who happen to be Charlie's two oldest brothers) so, it starts around 8 years (or so?) before the books in the first series
4) Time Farmers series
-aka the books about the Time Farmers Force Six, kids of the Penalty Killers boys.

Enjoy, and I'll see ya later!! :ymhug:
(if I was one of my secondary characters, and it was his radio show, I would now close with: "thishasbeenaSiToproduction" ;)) )
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Jan 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Some Arwen avies.

Image Image Image Image Image

01-20: The Lord of the Rings

Comments are love. Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby flambeau » Jan 25, 2011 2:34 pm

No time for full comments today, but I just wanted to say that I loved campgirl's Robin Hood avies on the previous page!! Lovely coloring on all of them, and just great work overall!
WunderLu, the LotR avies you just posted are lovely!
And hyaline, the Pooh Bear icons are adorable!

Some new avies from me. I'm quite pleased with how most of these turned out, actually.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

1-13: Josh Wilson's Before the Morning music video.
14-16: BBC Robin Hood.

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby campgirl » Jan 25, 2011 5:31 pm

page 5 --
Wunder, thanks so much!! :D #6.... I used flambeau's 75th tut on that one :P I'm glad you like it! I really liked how her eyes turned out, too! ;)) (first post) Lovely use of texture on yours! I like the clock on #3! :D (2nd post) Ooooh! I love the coffee/mocha/cappuccino (or whatever) avies!!! :D Can I have some?? ;))

page 6 --
Ithilwen, yay LOTR! ;)) Gorgeous coloring! My favs are #1, 2, 3, 4, 9. and 10! And I love all the sigs! :D

Princess Anna, nooo I haven't seen Merlin yet :( I'm gonna beg my parents to let us get it on Netflix as soon as we finish Robin Hood, though ;)) (first post) Oh, I've seen that movie before! I love all of your sets! :) (Good luck with your audition! :ymhug:) (2nd post) I like the sig!! Lovely headers!!! :)

Wunder, Ooh, I love the Arwen avies!! Love the textures and colorings! And I like how you put the Elvish words under the English in #11-15. Very cool. ;)

flam, thanks! I'm glad you like them! :D Lovely Josh and Robin Hood avies! My favorites are #1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 14-16 (of course ;))). I love the textures on 1, and the colorings on all of them!! What font did you use on 9-10?

Some more Robin Hood ones from me ;)) ...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

C and CC are great!! Feel free to use, credit would be nice if you do ;)

-- cg
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jan 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Wunderkind_Lucy, I hope I can someday make graphics that are as good as yours. I love 1, 5, and 9; and I'm really curious as to how you made them. Is there any chance you could do tutorials on them, or PM me about how you did them?

flambeau, lovely as always! :) My favorites are 1, 5, and 8.

campgirl, I have some C and CC for you, if that's alright. ;) First off, I'd like to say I think you have mastered coloring. The colors are bright and brilliant. :) Secondly I'd like to tell you the avvies look a bit blurry. Is there any way you can sharpen the pictures or find screenshots with higher res? I think that would improve them a lot.
I also think it would improve them a lot to use fill layers and set them on Screen setting. That would add a very nice effect to the style of avvies that you do. ;)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jan 26, 2011 7:53 am

WOW!! Amazing work here!
Could I ask someone to make me a banner with a knight or some other kind of warrior(s) on it? It could be from any movie (Fantasy or Middle Ages), with the words "Loyalty" or "Bold and Brave" on it. It can be any color, hugh, or style.
Thanks so, so much!!! :) :ymhug:
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Jan 26, 2011 9:26 am

Riella: I've got the 1st tutorial up here, and I'm working on the other two. Do you use GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, or Photoshop? The 1st tutorial is pretty translatable, but the other two might not be. The 2nd only works in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. The 3rd might be translatable. Just let me know. :D EDIT: I won't be able to do the 3rd after all. :( I went to my file but didn't realize that I did some complicated steps that I can't remember what I did. Sorry about that. :( But here is the 2nd one.

Narnian_Archer: By banner, do you mean a signature? Or is this for a website? I might give it try if you give me the dimensions for it.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tarkheena » Jan 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Here's a few Merlin sigs from me. Comments make me very happy; credit is much appreciated. :)

Narnian Archer: I'd like to take up the challenge too - I love knights in shining armor. ;)) However, I've the same question as Wunder; what dimensions do you want???
avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb
Tarkheena
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby winterlife » Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Everyones graphics look great!

Here are some Owl City avies I made:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jan 27, 2011 5:04 am

whoops! hehe, forgot to specify! sorry Tarkheena and Wunderkind_Lucy! Yes, I meant a NW siggi 300x100! thanks so much :ymblushing: :D :ymhug:
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Jan 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Narnian_Archer: Thanks! I'll get to it now! :D

A few P&P avies.

Image Image Image Image

01-04: Pride and Prejudice (1995)

Comments are love. Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tarkheena » Jan 28, 2011 4:59 am

These are for Narnian_Archer, but if she doesn't decide to use one, they're free game. ;) Comments and criticism are lovely!

Credit is much appreciated; please don't claim as your own. :)
avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb
Tarkheena
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext