This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Television Discussion Thread

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Television Discussion Thread

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 11, 2009 1:36 pm

So who else is planning on watching the series premiere of The Vampire Diaries tonight? That is the premiere tonight, right? Anyway, my sister and I are going to, just because it's such a rip off of Twilight and we want to see the ridiculousness. (Sorry to any fans, it's just sort of comical to me :p ) I don't really know much about it, other then it looks like a soap opera.
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Lol, Bri! That's the one with oh...what's his face from Lost--Boone *can't remember his name..Ian? something?*. That would be the only selling point for me, but the trailer I saw didn't even have him. Maybe I'll check it out online sometime. Post in here and tell us what you think of it! :p
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Josh » Sep 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Valiant_Lucy wrote:Lol, Bri! That's the one with oh...what's his face from Lost--Boone *can't remember his name..Ian? something?*.

Do you mean Ian Somerhalder?
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 14, 2009 5:54 am

I've been watching some I Love Lucy on YouTube (it's not available here in Australia) and it wasn't the funniest thing ever but it was pretty good. The Lucy Show on the other hand is terrible!
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Shadowlander » Sep 14, 2009 6:32 am

My sister Jeannie would watch I Love Lucy...was a fanatic about it. My favorite episode is the one where Lucy is working at the chocolate factory =))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q

Hoooooo boy, good stuff!
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Yeah, that's a good one, I like the one where's she's dancing blind too (after going to the doctor for her husband's? eye-test and instead receives eye-drops herself.
My personal favourite so far is the Vegameatavitamin one. A not so subtle way of portraying extreme drunkenness of TV back in the day when saying the word 'pregnant' was considered vulgar. I'm not saying getting drunk is funny, it's not but Lucy's facial expressions are funny.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby stargazer » Sep 20, 2009 7:51 pm

That chocolate factory sketch is rather humorous. Not sure I could work there...too tempting. ;)

The season finale of Eureka aired last Friday evening, but I neglected to watch or record it. Hopefully it'll be available online soon.

And the second season of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse premieres Friday, September 25, on FOX in its usual 9pm Eastern/8 pm Central timeslot.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Aurora » Sep 21, 2009 6:41 am

The premiere of Season 2 of Merlin started over here in the UK last Saturday! It was so amazing and i cannot wait for the next episode next week!

'Clotpole!' =))
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 21, 2009 9:03 am

Just finished the second season of Veronica Mars last night. Absolutely amazing finale. I'm still in shock. ;))

Sounds like I need to hurry up and finish the first season of Dollhouse so I don't get to far behind on the second season.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 21, 2009 9:09 am

Nice, Booky. ;)) Now you know why I was depressed that night.

I really liked Cassidy/Beaver. :-s

The third season's mystery ends in the middle because they went on hiatus and wanted Veronica to get the bad guy so the fans would be happy. When they came back from the hiatus, there episodes don't really have an overarching plot. And the last episode ends on a semi-cliff hanger. :|

*saw the episode of Merlin* It was good. :D

I'm currently watching a number of shows at the moment. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Week by week I'm watching Merlin, MONK, and Psych. Smallville starts this week and I'll be watching that.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

I liked him too. Even though what he did to Veronica and murdering those kids was horrible, I still kind of felt sorry for him. He'd had a pretty miserable life. And poor Mac :( I did not feel sorry for Aaron. He got what he deserved. Somehow I'm not terribly surprised Kendall ended up profiting from it all. And Logan and Veronica are back together! :D

Did you just start watching Supernatural, Ryan? I've seen the first season, but that's it.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 21, 2009 9:39 am

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too. And then I feel guilty for feeling sorry for him. #-o But really, I can't help myself. He was treated so horribly as a kid (from both his family and others), it's a wonder he did not turn out worse! And yes, poor Mac. :( I totally didn't mind Aaron's killing. And I was happy Logan and Veronica got back together too. :D

I just started watching Supernatural, yes. PC told me that I would like it several months ago, but the trailers for it that played after Smallville really creeped/freaked me out. ;)) He told me it wasn't as scary at the trailers made it look, and he's right. Still rather creepy/freaky, but nothing so far that I can't handle. I like the relationship between the brothers and the brothers themselves. :)

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Juliana » Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Supernatural doesn't normally freak me out too much, but there is the occasional cringe-worthy moment. I enjoy the characters of Sam and Dean.The show does well with only having two regulars, and it's quite refreshing. So many shows have large ensemble casts, and often certain characters are hard to stand. Neither of the characters have overly annoyed me, and I love the relationship and interaction between the two of them. I don't always like the father though.

I missed the new Heroes episode. How was it? The finale didn't really leave me excited for the new season, but I decided to keep watching.
Juliana
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » Sep 22, 2009 6:06 am

I missed the Heroes premiere as well. Hopefully it'll be available online soon; the NBC site offers the last half-dozen or so season 3 episodes in their entirety for those of us who didn't watch it very faithfully last year. I think season 1 set a very high bar that hasn't been matched since, but am still willing to give this season a try.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby CorneliusX » Sep 22, 2009 7:27 am

Been watching Grey's Anatomy and Heros!!
Currently Reading: Maximum Ride BK 1,
Currenlty Studying in School: Advance Leader Course stuff
Current Anime: Naruto, Avatar the Last Airbender, Dr Who, SGU, Prettly Little Liar, Drop Dead Diva
Current Bible Study: Solo Message Bible 365
CorneliusX
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnian1 » Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Bookwyrm wrote:Just finished the second season of Veronica Mars last night. Absolutely amazing finale. I'm still in shock. ;))

DAYS after I saw that finale I was still in shock,
I just couldn't shake it. It really was amazing!!
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext