This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Makeup & Hair

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Makeup & Hair

Postby Queen Susan » Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Aw, MissA, that's too bad! :( (That you aren't too happy about it)
Out of curiosity, how much did you get cut off? I was just thinking in your last videos how long and pretty your hair looked. ;))
I'm sure it looks great shorter too though!!

I used to ALWAYS part my hair in the same place--finally I tried a side part. :p And--*gasp*--I like it. ;)) I think I should part my hair differently more often. :p I don't know why I didn't--I guess I just didn't care where it was parted. ;)) I never really wear it "just down" anyway, unless I'm asleep. :p
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 21, 2009 10:11 am

I went to Sephora yesterday and got this mascara

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... oryId=1254

It was the cheapest I could find thre but it actually works really well (well of course it does it's more than twice the price of the drugstore kind...) :p

I also had my hair parted the same (down the middle) until about a year ago. Now I either part it to the side or just let my hair dry how it dries. Since my hair is curly I put it up in kind of a bouffant thing when it's wet so it dries well, and I just let that fall how it will b/c the curls give interesting texture to your hair if you just let them dry how they want too... :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby mar_girl » Dec 21, 2009 2:12 pm

I LOVE Clinique High Impact Mascara (that is the one with the shimmery dark green tube, right? Well, whichever one that is). It makes me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. I want to buy a new one since my little free sample tube is drying/running out, and so does my sister, but they're so expensive that I only want to buy them when they give you freebies with purchase. But the lady at the counter at Macy's said they only have those in April and October. Boo. :( I really want to try the High Definition Lashes Brush then Comb one. It looks really cool, and I hate it when my eyelashes clump together.
Sig by lysander
Queen of Literary Linkage
Aslan: the Chuck Norris of Narnia.
mar_girl
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 21, 2009 2:18 pm

I don't wear makeup.....and my hair is SO thick that I can't do much with it.....I normally just leave it down, parted to the side. my hair is 2 feet long!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 21, 2009 2:43 pm

yes it is that one. And I love it so far! Works great, it's not that bad for me at least, b/c I can't wear regular stuff (b/c of my sensitive eyes and the fact that THEY DON'T WORK!!!)and since it's the cheapest nice stuff, I don't consider it that expensive (since others can run for more than $20). :p :D ;)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Dec 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Ooh, I'm going to have to try that mascara now...

I just got a set with sample sizes of two Dior mascaras...um, I think it was "Diorshow" and something else similair. They are by far the most AMAZING mascaras, period. Completely worth the hype. I definetly looked like I had on false eyelashes! :D

Here it is: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... goryId=B70
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Nioniel » Dec 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Aww, Miss Aravis, that's too bad about your haircut! I know how it is. A few years ago I went for a haircut, and I told the hairdresser that I wanted something drastically different, and she gave me a trim. :(( And since it was slightly shorter and she'd given me more bangs, I didn't notice until I went home that there was pretty much nothing different. But I'm sure your hair looks purty anyways. ;)

I part my hair diagonally across my head. :p

Wow, that's expensive mascara, Glenstorm. :p
HomeschoolersTakingOverTheWorldClub - PM to join!
"They know everything on NarniaWeb" - Ben Barnes
NW sis to 7 l Twin to SusanP3 l PM pal of A.Fowlfreak
Chief of Random Inquires for the Lurkers Club
Nioniel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 28, 2009 6:26 pm

kinda...but it's worth it! :p I thought I lost it the other day and I'm like "no! I just bought this!!!" but then I found it in my dirty hamper, it had fallen off my bookshelf :p ;)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I will probalay be getting my hair cut again soon since my fringe is getting to long.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby :-)Narnia » Dec 29, 2009 9:46 am

Hey, I'm thinking it would be really cool to post pics of good make up jobs! Maybe pics of yourself or pictures of other make up jobs you've done. It can also be hair too.

Just thought I'd throw that out as an idea. I get great ideas when I see other peoples work...
I'm a Narnia freak
:-)Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby mar_girl » Dec 29, 2009 3:31 pm

For Christmas my mom bought me this mascara. I haven't used it yet since my old little one isn't quite done, but I can't wait to try it. My sister and mom got the High Impact mascaras since it was buy 2, get 1 free. Or something like that. So we all have new mascaras now! :D I also got a True Shimmer Chapstick in Botanical Berry. Not bad.
Sig by lysander
Queen of Literary Linkage
Aslan: the Chuck Norris of Narnia.
mar_girl
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 29, 2009 9:05 pm

I didn't see buy 2 get 1 free! X( :(( Oh well...*sigh*. Does anyone have a good eyeliner to reccomend? I haven't used any before so I'm up for some suggestions...I want to buy some with my Christmas money :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MissAravis » Dec 29, 2009 9:45 pm

QS, I only got it cut about... an inch. Just to make it healthier(which it looks a lot healthier now). I just wish she had rounded the edges more. Ahhh well.
I used to always part my hair in the middle, but a couple years ago I started parting it on the side. I think side parts look better on almost anyone! :)

Ooh, I got my Clinique high-impact mascara for free after my mom bought a bunch of other stuff for me from there... it's the least they can give you after you pay so much for some facial cleanser :P
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Shantih » Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

I got some cheap Collection 2000 brown mascara the other day to give that colour a go, I really like how it looks (I'm blonde, so it's a lot less in your face than black). When it runs out I'll probably get a nicer one, but this'll do for now :)

I need to get my hair cut, my fringe is at that annoying length where it starts to poke you in the eye :p
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.
Shantih
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 30, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm gonna trim my hair sometime next month but I don't plan on cutting it until at least fall. Than I'm gonna cut it short. Like to my chin or something. I'd be donating the 12"+ of hair to Locks for Love (I did that last year but I didn't cut my hair as short and it looked horrible. But now I have a straighener so I can etiher straighten it if it looks bad, or curl it better :p ;) ) :D .
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Shantih wrote:I got some cheap Collection 2000 brown mascara the other day to give that colour a go, I really like how it looks (I'm blonde, so it's a lot less in your face than black). When it runs out I'll probably get a nicer one, but this'll do for now :)

I need to get my hair cut, my fringe is at that annoying length where it starts to poke you in the eye :p

My fringe is like that to. Lol wait thats the first time i have heard soemone else call it a fringe other then me on here. Anyway i can't even put on mascara.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext