This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Makeup & Hair

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Makeup & Hair

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Thank you, SnowAngel and JillPoleFriend!

I'm not good with eyeliner myself, but I've heard there are good tutorials on youtube. :)
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

* arrives late to the party *

Curly haired girl here! Mixed texture. I use Mixed Chicks shampoo and leave-in conditioner, and I alternate between microbraiding my hair and fighting with tangles. I've a lot of hair, though. I've heard twisting and diffusing is helpful, but I've never had the patience to try it. Shameless Maya recently put up a video, however, that goes over four different ladies and their hair care routines. Heads up--they do show the girls showering, but just shoulders up! Anyway, it is a handy video, if you're trying to hunt for new ways to deal with your hair or want to compare.

As far as eyeliner goes, that's sort of a thing that you have to develop through trial and error. I don't use eyeliner that regularly (hello, allergies!) but I highly recommend getting a high quality waterproof liquid liner. That said, I subscribe to the winged liner theory, so a good, sharp, line is super important to me, and you'll never catch me blending eyeliner out. I know you're supposed to use concealer to help guide where your line should go, but I'm lazy and reckless, so I usually just grab a piece of paper, line it up with my lower lid line, and just make my eyeliner run into it. This is probably not a good idea (hello, papercuts!) but it's only ever failed me when I got too much liner on the paper and it soaked through. *shrugs* I'm probably not a good role model. ;))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 18, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks Lady Arwen! I will look at that video. I don't have the patience for twisting either, though I think using a diffuser would be okay.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Mingxy » Jun 02, 2018 5:42 am

To fall back onto the eyeliner question - I agree that practice makes perfect. However, trying out different tricks and ideas never hurts (and with that I mean, for example, looking up youtube videos or something of the sort). Perhaps you come across something that works for you.

I used to do my eyeliner with an eyeliner marker, it was easier for me since it felt more like holding a pencil of sorts, and now after 5 years I'm able to use pretty much any sort of eyeliner without messing up too badly; which is great considering I put on eyeliner maybe once every half year if not less. :p
C.S. Lewis — 'Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia.'
Mingxy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby artsky » Oct 04, 2018 1:59 am

I have very curly hair, so I always have a lot of problems with my hairstyle. I had short hair at school and it looked so weird, I didn't like it. Now I grow long hair. I use hair straighteners very often, at home I have electric hairbrush and when I go out I usually have my Ukliss Mini Flat Iron with me, because my hair very easy lose form. I choose it with help of this article https://mystraightener.com/portable-cor ... ighteners/. Mini iron also very comfortable for travels. The main problem is to never forget about protection, I burned my hair so bad few times.
Makeup I don't use so often, only lipstick and some eyeshadow. I like eyeliner, but I have so many problems to make the same lines :(
artsky
NarniaWeb Newbie

Previous