This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Various Vacations: departures and returns

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Various Vacations: departures and returns

Postby HyperWing » Jun 09, 2016 10:27 am

I completely forgot to check in here and then things kept getting busy and I couldn't come back. Things have quieted down a bit for me now since moving again. I'm now living in another country in a rural country area with a more relaxed lifestyle. I'm looking forward to being able to finally make a return here where I won't have ot disapear in one or two weeks. Future plans include buying or building a greenhouse for growing tomatoes and other plants and finishing a second degree in college. Hope everyone is doing well! :)
HyperWing
HyperWing
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Jun 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Welcome back, Boy Scout, and congrats on becoming an Eagle Scout! That's quite an accomplishment.

Sounds like you've been busy, HyperWing, and I'm glad you've stopped by too. I look forward to seeing you around the forum this summer.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby johobbit » Jun 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Good to see you again, Boy Scout! How cool you're heading to university this August. May I ask what your major will be?

Your thoughtful and reminiscing words brought me goosebumps of thankfulness once again for this forum.

Drop by again when you're able!
:D
johobbit

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm

"Well, I'm off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz". Somewhere in Tassie, where there are Tasmanian devils. :D See you all Sunday after next.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Okay, so I've been gone a while. Just a few - what is this, Wednesday? - years. During which time life has been up and down, and everything in between. But you guys got me through some of the worst years of my life and I've never forgotten that.

So, to get to the point, I'm back!

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 23, 2017 10:54 am

Anne! So good to see you on NarniaWeb again!! :D I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing!

I'm glad to know that NarniaWeb was there for you during some rough times... I know it's been a haven for many people over the years, myself included. :ymhug:

Btw, I finally read LotR for the first time this year and I am now able to perceive the full awesomeness of your username. ;))

Great to have you back on the forums now that SC is getting going... it's going to be a fun time on NW! :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Hey, you all!

It's been a while! The last time I posted was in 2014!

Anyway, last time I posted, I had gotten married. We've now been married almost five years! Since then, I've finished my college degree, my husband and I moved to another area of Alaska, and I worked for two years in my field. We then both quit our jobs about a year ago and moved, I got pregnant, and we now have an almost four-month-old daughter! I'm now a stay at home mom doing a little bit of work in my field from home.

It's nice to "see" everyone and I hope you all are doing well!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ValiantArcher » Oct 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Hey, narnian_at_heart! :) Good to hear from you again! Life sounds like it has been very full for you of late, but very good. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!! :D How wonderful! Congrats also (albeit very belated) on graduating from college. :) May I ask what your field of work is?

Thanks for stopping by with the update! :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby checkers » Oct 25, 2018 12:28 pm

So I just remembered my password after like five years of not being on here...hi again everyone. :ymhug:

Soooo I guess I should actually give an update on life since it's been so long...I'm now 23 years old, I just graduated college in May with my bachelor's degree in art with a concentration in sculpture, I work as a receptionist at an engine company now because art degree, I live in a super cool apartment with a roommate and two cats and a golden retriever pup, I have a rad boyfriend aaaand yeah. The last four years of my life have been mostly college so nothing super eventful lol. But here I am.
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ValiantArcher » Oct 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Good to see you again, checkers! :D Congratulations on your graduation! And everything else - all good things. ;))
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby fantasia » Oct 25, 2018 6:52 pm

@narnian_at_heart, hello again! :D Welcome back, and congrats on the baby! I feel like so many NarniaWebbers are young parents now (or in my case, an older parent with young kids hahahahaha!) Once upon a time I started a Kids thread here in the SO, but I think most NarniaWebbers that are parents just don't have a lot of time to post anymore so it never has traffic. But if you're ever bored (hahahahaha!) feel free to post about your baby. :D

@checkers! Hello to you as well :D Congrats on surviving school and your job sounds amazing! It's fun seeing familiar faces pop in again after being gone for so long, but I guess that's what happens when some fresh Narnia news surfaces.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby checkers » Oct 26, 2018 8:25 am

@fantasia_kitty, I've literally been trying to break into this account for aaaages but the email address I signed up with doesn't belong to me anymore. 8-| The Netflix news got me to try guessing my password one more time and it was something super obvious and I felt like an idiot. :|

Thanks for the warm welcome friends, this place is giving me so many good memories. <3
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am

checkers wrote:... but the email address I signed up with doesn't belong to me anymore. 8-|

Did you get a new email address added to profile? If you have problems with it, let me know!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby checkers » Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am

Yeah, I added a current one and changed my password to something I won't forget again. :) Thank you!
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 26, 2018 9:24 am

So nice to see some old faces back on NarniaWeb! Welcome back, narnian_at_heart_ and checkers! :-h

checkers, your struggles with remembering your password couldn't help but remind me of the trouble of trying to get back into Narnia when you're looking for it... ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Oct 26, 2018 11:03 pm

It's wonderful to see some familiar faces returning to the forum! Welcome back!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext